Land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten : Redux

Do you mean 1892?

Anyway, this is gonna be good. I can't wait to hopefully see Mexico slap the shit out of some overconfident Confederates.

LOL, yeah that would be in the middle of the ACW. I will change. Sadly Mexico is too weak to slap the crap out of them but the CSA is too weak as well. There are going to be big victories for both sides with the CSA losing in the end but it won't be a crushing triumph for the Mexicans.

Last edited:
Nice, I finally caught up again and just in time for the Confederate-Mexican War to begin.

Does the Mexican Empire last longer in this TL? Because if it falls just like OTL then Diaz is in charge and, say what you will about him, the Army was pretty strong and modern (it's main flaw during the Revolution was that it was too small to contain all the rebellions inspired by Madero)

Nice, I finally caught up again and just in time for the Confederate-Mexican War to begin.

Does the Mexican Empire last longer in this TL? Because if it falls just like OTL then Diaz is in charge and, say what you will about him, the Army was pretty strong and modern (it's main flaw during the Revolution was that it was too small to contain all the rebellions inspired by Madero)

It lasted somewhat longer as the French stay about 2 years longer than OTL. The CSA Army is going to be reasonably strong and modern as well, at least by 3rd world standards. It has the US to worry about and a lot of CSA veteran officers. It didn't reform like the US did but a fair amount of its senior officers did see combat and many of them imparted their skills to the up and coming ones.

There are also the logistical problems both sides will have. It will resemble North Africa in WWII in some ways with both armies slapping each other back and forth as they have supply difficulties. I am going to develop the war more than last time. Both sides will have well led but poorly supplied troops. The difficulty will be more the logistics than the leadership. Also the CSA Army will be hitting mostly militia at first.
Both sides will have plenty of defensive power but their power projection will be bad. They can protect themselves well enough but have a hard time staying long in enemy territory.

Last edited:
Honestly... considering the CSA's background, I wouldn't be surprised if Hispanic Tejanos rebelled in favor of Mexico (at the very least the Nueces strip). And if they are lucky, the Mexicans might count with the aid of the Comanche (or volunteer Union soldiers battling the C.S. like Californio militias, for example).

I wonder if the Southrons intended to take the Mexicans for their "peculiar institution" too...

Honestly... considering the CSA's background, I wouldn't be surprised if Hispanic Tejanos rebelled in favor of Mexico (at the very least the Nueces strip). And if they are lucky, the Mexicans might count with the aid of the Comanche (or volunteer Union soldiers battling the C.S. like Californio militias, for example).

I wonder if the Southrons intended to take the Mexicans for their &quot:winkytongue:eculiar institution" too...

If the Nueces strip was heavily Hispanic I might well give it to them. Were they the majority? I am no expert on Texas or Mexico.

I wonder if the Southrons intended to take the Mexicans for their "peculiar institution" too...

Ooh, I second that idea

The City of Monterrey is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Monterrey where the CSA was first defeated. There will be reenactments, fireworks, plenty of good food and drink. Join the celebration here in Monterrey .

Advertisement Monterrey Tourist Board 1992

The CSA Army exploded across the Mexican border slamming into Mexican militia units who mostly just ran. There were a few that stood and fought and joined the Mexican Army Regulars. The Mexican Army itself fought well, conducting a professional fighting retreat as it was taken by surprise by the locally more numerous Confederates. The CSA Army quickly cut off the main road to Paso Del Norte isolating that city and starting the attempt to besiege it.

Further to the east it didn't do as well for them. An Army led by Major General Albert Elwell headed towards Monterrey and was stopped by an army led by Major General Antonio Juarez 20 miles north of the city . After a 3 day battle Brigadier General Richard Smith led the 1st Texas Cavalry on a flanking maneuver against Juarez forcing him to retire. Unfortunately for the CSA they used up so many supplies themselves fighting Juarez and later various Mexican Militia units that they were forced to retreat themselves two days later. This is the closest the CSA ever got to taking a major Mexican City the entire war.

The Mexican-CSA War Albert Smyth University of Phoenix Press 1942

Last edited:
Sweet!

Any chances of seeing Comanche raiders barreling through Texas?

As for my suggestion for a rebellion of Tejanos. May I suggest also a slave rebellion? Maybe some fire-eaters took advantage of a loophole to enslave the more darker skinned Hispanics perhaps?

Last edited:
Sweet!

Any chances of seeing Comanche raiders barreling through Texas?

As for my suggestion for a rebellion of Tejanos. May I suggest also a slave rebellion? Maybe some fire-eaters took advantage of a loophole to enslave the more darker skinned Hispanics perhaps?

I might have some Comanche raiders. A slave rebellion is possible as well although it is more likely to be typical Black slaves, it isn't like the CSA is short of slaves at the moment.

The Mexican government today clamped down on the number of Confederate Immigrants. Mexican President Benito Juarez said "To preserve Mexican wages we have to limit the number of immigrants from the CSA. We realize the Black citizens coming here are oppressed at home but we can only do so much. The United States should raise its quota to help out"

YZZY Radio Mexico City July 13,1971

The CSA Army plunged 150 miles deep into the Mexican desert taking a number of towns and villages but no cities. The CSA called up another army. The CSA 1st army drove back the Mexican 2nd and 4th with both sides taking heavy casualties. The CSA 2nd was stalemated by the Mexican 3rd and 5th while the Mexican 1st and 6th drove off the CSA 3rd from Paso Del Norte. This proved to be the high tide of the CSA.

At sea the smaller but more modern CSA navy proved to be a match for the Mexican navy during the early war period. Although not lacking in bravery the mostly US cast offs struggled against the more modern ships the CSA bought from France. Unknown to the Confederates 5 ships were finally delivered to Admiral Antonio Gonzalez known as the "Mexican Horatio Nelson" ....

Tonight at 8:00 The Battle of Monterrey is being shown tonight. Starring Julio Gonzalez and Antonio Rodriguez it shows the heroic battle with Julio as General Martin Gomez and Antonio general Alan Sydney this classic was made in 1967 by Avantei Studios.

YRAA TV broadcast August 15,1972

The Battle of Monterrey is well known as the first major counteroffensive of the CSA-Mexican War. General Martin Gomez outmaneuvered the smaller CSA force by hitting it on both flanks with Mexican cavalry. General Sydney's forces were too occupied with engaging the earlier frontal assault until it was too late. The more numerous CSA artillery allowed the well trained CSA forces to fall back in good order. However due to lack of supplies they had to fall all the way back to the other side of the Rio Grande in a series of battles that made up the Monterrey Campaign.

Meanwhile the Mexican navy engaged the CSA navy off the coast of Texas near the city of Corpus Christie. The battle went well for the CSA when the five modern ironclads (only 7 years old) under Admiral Antonio Gonzalez came out of seemingly nowhere to hit the CSA navy. A plan coordinated through fast courier ships had most of the Mexican Navy to sail out to arrive off of Corpus Christie on Aug 14th at noon while the new force picked up in international waters just outside the Florida Keys hit them at 3:00 arriving 20 miles from the area a day before. The ships actually arrived a half hour early and threw the CSA navy into confusion. By the end of the next day the CSA Navy fled the area losing a full 1/3 of the CSA navy well the Mexicans lost 1/4 winning the Battle of Corpus Christie. The Mexican Navy dominated the rest of the war.

Go Mexico! Reclaim your stolen land!

Also, could Juarez try appealing to other American republics for support on the confederate escaped slave refugees? I'm sure Haiti would be glad to receive them. As would the Dominican Republic.

Like I said earlier the war is going to go back and forth before final Mexican victory. The power projection capabilities pretty much guarantee that.

Spengler

Banned
So will this war probably result in mostly a white peace right? Because the USA still owns New Mexico right?