Kingdom of Bohemia/Duchy of Burgundy Industrial Superpowers?

I was looking in my text book for an upcoming history class and it had a map of industrial centers and coal deposists in Europe. A good deal of theseran right down the French-German boardes and near Prague. My first thought upon looking at this map was on how to make these areas indepedant... but then I thought what if these areas were under one power? Liege and the Ruhr under the Duchy of Burgundy would make an awesome industrial speculation, and Bohemia containing Silesia would also have a good deal of industrial prowess.

So how could this be achieved? Sure both France and Austria were in postions to have these areas in their control during the 1700s and into the 1800s if certain wars went bettter for them. France it seems is most likely to become a superpower if they are in a situation in which they can take advantage of it. (Though they have some social barriers) Likewise Austria had ruled both Bohemia and Silesia at the same time in the past but had Silesia taken away. Now from a later POD it makes more sense to have Austria and France rather than Bohemia and Burgundy, but it makes for a catcher title...:D

Bright day
Luxemburgers.
You mean the Hous of Luxemburg right?:D If they can reach the industrial age, perhaps if they don't die out by 1493... I'm not sure you can keep all that land under one dynasty. A split would surely happen...

Are you speaking of Charles IV of the HRE?

Luxemburg was traded off fifty years after dynasty's death OTL, so if the situation is ever formalised you don't need to keep the dynasty for whole ride. The fractity of land will not matter that much till 19th century and then I want to see somebody try to do something. (well Napoleon-analogue would do it, but anybody beside that)

A Kingdom of Bohemia is definatly more plausable than a Duchy of Burgundy surviving...

For example: An early end to the Thirty Years war and a stunning defeat of the Hapsburg armies by the Protestants at White Mountain? Creating an independent Bohemia in the early 1600s.

Two big changes? A certain Swedish King and his kingom survive and the rise of Prussia will certainly be delayed!

Oh the possibilities!

I'm not sure Prussia has to come to power. Berlin was almost an indepedant city, and the union with Brandenburg isn't inveitable...

Well I'd love to see what you could come up from a senario with an independent Bohemia. Perhaps taking Silesia with them? Not to mention saving most of Germany from years of ruinous war.

Well I'd love to see what you could come up from a senario with an independent Bohemia. Perhaps taking Silesia with them? Not to mention saving most of Germany from years of ruinous war.
Silesia is part of the Bohemian crown, why wouldn't it come along? (Unless after the Prussian seizure)

Silesia is part of the Bohemian crown, why wouldn't it come along? (Unless after the Prussian seizure)

Yeah you're correct, I just checked. The Luxembourg dynasty controlled Bohemia, Moravia, Silesia and a few other regions until it was inherited by the Hapsburgs in the 1520s.

So if Bohemia became independent so would Silesia and perhaps Moravia.

I'm pretty sure it was Polish at the time we are talking about, not sure though...

What time?
9th century it was Moravian
10th century it was Czech
11th-12th centuries Polish
13th Czech
14th-18th part of Bohemian Crown