Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Well, they don't have Michigan.

Cleveland's all that really matters with industrial production. :p

Joking aside, if the Cuyahoga River can catch fire IOTL, the Combined Syndicates can come back from the brink here in Kalterkrieg. As such, if they don't get a good focus tree and a leader choice other than Browder I will be disappointed.

We have begun to do teasers of China and here is the start of a new series our Chinese team is doing.

This is the first in a series of in-setting teasers the China Rework Team will be releasing over the coming weeks, detailing the major international events that came to create the China you will eventually be able to play. Much of this information is already available, but we hope to make it more accessible and more interesting for all of you, so you can follow along and eventually begin to read the China rework progress reports with some background knowledge. Hopefully it’ll also make it feel a little more “real”.
I hope you’ll take the time to read, speculate, and feel free to ask questions!

The clash of empires in the East begins not on the bustling streets of the Bund, nor in the ancient halls of the Imperial Palace, but instead on one cloudy afternoon in Copenhagen…
hfyfua1r2wm11.png

I'm intrigued!

I hope that you'll still keep the party system in Fengtian, that's made it one of the most fun states to play in the current build.

Untitled.png

I have never seen the United States avoid the civil war by itself before. This is the first time Ive seen the AI accomplish that.

Anyways, with the 2ACW rework, should there be a "Taiwan" option for the Federalists to pursue in defeat and if so, what should be the American "Taiwan"? Hawaii (with those islands off the coast of California an equivalent to the Republic of China's "Fujian Province") in a Democratic USA scenario? Puerto Rico?

Anyways, with the 2ACW rework, should there be a "Taiwan" option for the Federalists to pursue in defeat and if so, what should be the American "Taiwan"? Hawaii (with those islands off the coast of California an equivalent to the Republic of China's "Fujian Province") in a Democratic USA scenario? Puerto Rico?
I don't remember the status of Puerto Rico during ACW, but Hawaii declares independence as soon as the war starts, they are not an option.

I don't remember the status of Puerto Rico during ACW, but Hawaii declares independence as soon as the war starts, they are not an option.
What about Puerto Rico? The loyalists control much of the USN IIRC, so, they could probably pull off the stunt Chiang Kai-Shek did with Taiwan.

Look, I'm all for the ROC analogue for the US, but in all honesty Puerto Rico has neither the infrastructure (ports? cities? natural resources? Taiwan was extensively built up by both the Japanese and the ROC as a strategic military asset), the economic ability, or the population (about 1.7 million in 1936 while Taiwan had a population of 5.8 million in 1940) to support a US Government in Exile. The best chance for something like a US Taiwan would probably be the Philippines (Say if the Pacific States doesn't revolt the Asiatic Fleet keeps control of the Philippines). Alternatively (If Canada didn't seize them) I could see an Alaskan Government in Exile or something in the Panama Canal. Say the US seizes Panama city and from there uses the USN to control both the Caribbean and some of the Pacific. This would give it the strategic and economic importance of Taiwan along with a population to work with.

Look, I'm all for the ROC analogue for the US, but in all honesty Puerto Rico has neither the infrastructure (ports? cities? natural resources? Taiwan was extensively built up by both the Japanese and the ROC as a strategic military asset), the economic ability, or the population (about 1.7 million in 1936 while Taiwan had a population of 5.8 million in 1940) to support a US Government in Exile. The best chance for something like a US Taiwan would probably be the Philippines (Say if the Pacific States doesn't revolt the Asiatic Fleet keeps control of the Philippines). Alternatively (If Canada didn't seize them) I could see an Alaskan Government in Exile or something in the Panama Canal. Say the US seizes Panama city and from there uses the USN to control both the Caribbean and some of the Pacific. This would give it the strategic and economic importance of Taiwan along with a population to work with.
Reds! has the defeated MacArthurites flee to the much larger and more populous island of Cuba instead, but they probably won’t be able to pull that off in the KRTL.

But what if the West Indies Federation hosted them as a government in exile (separate from the new mechanic)? What if it gave them access to ports and military bases in the Caribbean, Belize, and the Guyanas? They could even get help from the pro-American military juntas in Central America, assuming any survive.

So, who do you think had President Kerensky assassinated and why? Was it a "lone wolf" assassin? Or was Kerensky being killed the handiwork of whoever took power after his death?

What about the question of "was the assassination the handiwork of a lone wolf or a larger conspiracy which took over the government afterwards"?

At a guess? The lack of coordination behind the response suggests a lone wolf. If it was coordinated, then we'd have "Wrangels/Kornilov's/Dmitri's coup" or whatever, with the Senate/Soviets/Wrangel/Dmitri being able to respond in the event text or lose rather than just having an initial scramble for power where one or the other comes out on top.

What about the possibility that killing Kerensky backfires on his assassin (for example, if it's a Syndie, say hello to the Russian State or to an absolutist Romanov monarchy)?