Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Playing as the Russians for the first time on the Darkest Hour version of KR; [I've never played Russia before on KR] so far I've had Lavr Kornilov as the new leader, am researching a faculty of atomic research, and am planning to switch over to the Syndicalists for the Civil War events although I might keep my Kornilov game for later on.

I am also really looking forward to the new Soviet focus tree on Hearts of Iron IV when No Step Back comes out.

I can't find it.
See the red arrow I drew on the right side. That's on the upper-right side of the page. The whole header section, between the "Kaiserreich: Official Wiki" wordmark and the set of buttons the arrow points to, should be visible at the top of every page, meaning you can always access the Recent Changes page.

1628218053910.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

See the red arrow I drew on the right side. That's on the upper-right side of the page. The whole header section, between the "Kaiserreich: Official Wiki" wordmark and the set of buttons the arrow points to, should be visible at the top of every page, meaning you can always access the Recent Changes page.

View attachment 671121
Thank you

Coal and shipyard workers were pretty typical hotbeds of left-wing activity in the 1920s. I'm not responsible for the UoB's lore, but what's the issue?
Gibraltar doesn't have coal workers. it's not that large.
and the local garrison, quite monarchist at the time, joining anarchist revolutionaries is just ASB

Gibraltar doesn't have coal workers. it's not that large.
and the local garrison, quite monarchist at the time, joining anarchist revolutionaries is just ASB
Wasn't there a coaling station at Gibraltar? And given that there was no significant republican movement historically... what are you basing the garrison's "monarchism" on exactly? Seems a weird thing to measure.

Wasn't there a coaling station at Gibraltar? And given that there was no significant republican movement historically... what are you basing the garrison's "monarchism" on exactly? Seems a weird thing to measure.
phrased it badly, right wing is what i should've said

phrased it badly, right wing is what i should've said
It's possible Gibraltar is an exception, but garrisons aren't usually drawn from the local population. As for it not being a historical hotbed of anarchism... nor was Britain. I can't find much in the way of political demographics, so it's possible you're right, but given how little information there seems to be... this seems a reasonable enough butterfly to me.

I agree that weeks are a bit unlikely in terms of time frame, but I don't think that's a reason to use all caps and refer to devs as having "hit the glue".

this is my point. even allowing for a local population sympathetic towards anarchism, the garrison might not be, because they wouldn't be from there
They’d be from Britain, which is undergoing a anarco-syndicalist revolution. It’s no more ASB than the Union of Britain itself.

from what I understand, the UK's military mostly stayed loyalist in the lore
No, it was pretty split.

I think there's a tendency to look at the UoB lore, and by extension what's happening here in Gibraltar, while forgetting that in every civil war there's a great many people who do not decisively pick a side, but instead lean toward one or the other. Usually they do so for practical reasons, and favor whoever's able to protect their immediate interests, sometimes switching sides multiple times during the conflict. Sometimes many of those people are simply swept up in the moment, especially if they're young. Often they're a not-so-visible but powerful long-term asset behind whichever faction they back.

Again, I'm not the UoB dev, but presumably something as messy as a short-lived anarchist commune created by spontaneous revolution would have most of the population more concerned about getting shot, or where their next bread and water might be coming from, than who's a monarchist and who isn't. Many might expect the eventual restoration of order, and so go along with things out of fear. Others might have expected a different outcome when they signed on, or thought the revolution in Britian was already a done-deal. Some might've even gone along along just on the basis of providing a united front against Spanish intervention, which would have been made even more likely by the population and garrison fighting against itself.

Gibraltar is small enough that I think the right combination of misinformation and agitation is reasonably enough to lead to what it does here, even if only in the short term.

Has there been confirmation on the guy in the UOB rework who will be worse than Mosley? Because if not, I just remembered someone who (if judging their Wikipedia page) might be a candidate.