Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Deleted member 107125

Vibe check
IMG_0807.JPG

In all honesty, between the many typos, the bugs, and the semi broken focuses, I think the release should have been delayed a few weeks to really polish up the game.

Deleted member 107125

In all honesty, between the many typos, the bugs, and the semi broken focuses, I think the release should have been delayed a few weeks to really polish up the game.
I agree

Vince

Monthly Donor
I was having a nice enjoyable Yunnan game all the way up until German East Asia DOWs me for having the temerity of taking back my tin trade.

The Typos I can live with, but otherwise I agree.

I get that they had "promised" December 2019, but I could have lived with February 2020 if it meant it was better bug-fixed/polished.

Keep in mind that KR is, y'know, a beta. As in, this is not a final version of the mod and bugs should be expected. That's what beta versions are for, to allow the team to find bugs and issues.

Feel like people take KR for granted nowadays.

Unrelated to China, but does anyone know how to get the Butler coup in the CSA? Want to give that a go in my next game.

Keep in mind that KR is, y'know, a beta. As in, this is not a final version of the mod and bugs should be expected. That's what beta versions are for, to allow the team to find bugs and issues.

Definitely, but releasing a playable version that is hardly playable for a lot of people could probably have been held back a bit for ironing out of the update.

Just I think that the Fengtian is a mary sue? Like, I'm fighting them with the Qing and the Fengtian got more IC than me, anqing and Mongolia united.

A mod team isn't a game studio that can spend time working with a QA team to iron out any bugs, and even they don't catch many of them. It's usually better as a modder to practice the dictum of "release early, release often," as people tend to lose interest without a release. There's far more users than their are team members, and the latter are usually spending their time developing content or making fixes. The users can catch them more easily, especially because they're more likely to test each permutation of gameplay.

Just I think that the Fengtian is a mary sue? Like, I'm fighting them with the Qing and the Fengtian got more IC than me, anqing and Mongolia united.
That's historically accurate, Manchuria was the first region of China to industrialize and held the majority of China's industrial capacity until the PRC era.

That's historically accurate, Manchuria was the first region of China to industrialize and held the majority of China's industrial capacity until the PRC era.

To think that I know a Chinese guy (with Manchu blood by the way) who wrote that they are barbarians...

Well, right. This makes a challenge since without this bonus China could be united on the late 30s.

So, I usually dislike dragging subjects that brought long discussions for no gain, but this one really got me interested and even if this does not bring changes to the game, it still is something interesting. Let's talk about Canada.

@Worffan101 I respectfully desagree that Canada would need to be on a state of civil war or have demilitarised zones like Argentina, because the civil war happened in 1925, they had enought time to stabilise the country, aí believe the same can be said about Dakar and north Algeria, it would be interesting to see central Algeria as a DMZ zone however. That being said I agree with you that Canada would have no chance at invading Britain due the sheer populational and industrial disparity.

Maybe a Canada playthrough could be based on trying to resolve the industrial, military and diplomatic shortcomings of the Entente by international cooperation, Canada cannot invade Britain, so the player could be forced to get American and German help for that. There could be some way to coordinate the Entente intercontinentally for that, and also some triggers to give maluses to the UoB, maybe if you manage to have all naval areas around Britain under Entente naval superiority, the UoB could have a rationing debuff that would force them to sail their navy to break the blockade, what do you think?

Feel like people take KR for granted nowadays.
Oh I'm aware and I fully agree. Some bugs aren't caught until release. My only point is that I would be willing to wait for a more polished version. The release is fantastic as is. It just comes across as really unpolished when every other event is full of typos.

Oh I'm aware and I fully agree. Some bugs aren't caught until release. My only point is that I would be willing to wait for a more polished version. The release is fantastic as is. It just comes across as really unpolished when every other event is full of typos.

I don’t see that as a dev problem but a fan problem. Fans on reddit, and I assume on discord as well, were really applying the pressure for the release the further it got into December and the HoI4 update almost certainly added extra stress in getting the job done. Should the devs have given us a somewhat firm release window? Maybe not, but they were trying to do something nice for the community and complaining about typos and the occasional bug seems kinda nit picky for a mod that just left alpha.

I don’t see that as a dev problem but a fan problem. Fans on reddit, and I assume on discord as well, were really applying the pressure for the release the further it got into December and the HoI4 update almost certainly added extra stress in getting the job done. Should the devs have given us a somewhat firm release window? Maybe not, but they were trying to do something nice for the community and complaining about typos and the occasional bug seems kinda nit picky for a mod that just left alpha.
I mostly don't disagree with you. I understand completely why they did what they did and I don't fault them for it. In my opinion however, I would have preferred they took a bit more time.

Now where I disagree is with the whole alpha-beta points. I'm sorry but can someone define what those words even mean anymore? No. It used to be that alpha was the conceptual work and essentially predevelopment and beta was when we actually had gameplay before the completion of the product. How is Kaiserreich' alpha any different from it's beta except that we have a bit more gameplay? Granted, what we have is fantastic and enjoyable. But it is still fundamentally the same as it was 6 months ago.