Israeli Peace with Jordan and Lebanon

• Thread starter Deleted member 109224
  • Start date

Deleted member 109224

Unfortunately I could very easily see the now much greater Palestinians with syria and egyptian support over throing the jadorian government here, as it was Jordan's tepid suport for Arab nationalism nearly cased several revolutions in the country and I can't see this timeline going anybetter.
Possibly, but my guess is that a combination of British and Israeli support for the regime would keep it up. The British intervened in 1957 to prop them up OTL and the Israelis threatened to march in if the Syrians got too directly involved in 1970. Israeli Security would be highly dependent upon a stable Jordan, so the two would be stuck with each other.

Jordan's population TTL would likely be close to 17 million here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly, but my guess is that a combination of British and Israeli support for the regime would keep it up. The British intervened in 1957 to prop them up OTL and the Israelis threatened to march in if the Syrians got too directly involved in 1970. Israeli Security would be highly dependent upon a stable Jordan, so the two would be stuck with each other.

Jordan's population TTL would likely be close to 17 million here.
I guess, it would make the king look like a complete pupit though (especially if isreal gets anyway involved) . Honestly can't see this becoming anything but a internal war by that point.

Deleted member 109224

I guess, it would make the king look like a complete pupit though (especially if isreal gets anyway involved) . Honestly can't see this becoming anything but a internal war by that point.
Part of what motivated Black September OTL was the PLO's success (draw? victory? depends who you ask, but the Arabs viewed it as a win) in the battle of Karameh and the support base they had in the camps of Palestinians who fled across the River Jordan after 1967. No 1967 war means neither of those two things occurs.