Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh... A Commonwealth. How's the power sharing in SA? There are over 1mil Boers and 1mil Anglos in SA. Although that is only about 5-10% I believe there need to be some protections?

Also, we got a wayyy early update. Any reasons?

Ooh... A Commonwealth. How's the power sharing in SA? There are over 1mil Boers and 1mil Anglos in SA. Although that is only about 5-10% I believe there need to be some protections?

Also, we got a wayyy early update. Any reasons?
Will do SA internal politics later.
Also I had free time and wrote it yesterday.

Just looked up Steve Biko and he was born in 1946, so he is only 17 at the time IOTL . Is he born earlier here?
I meant his father, who was called Steve Biko Sr. He was also a sound advocate for anti-apartheid, though the steve biko you named (his son) was much more famous. I didn't find his father's photo so i stuck his son's photo. They look close enough.

I meant his father, who was called Steve Biko Sr. He was also a sound advocate for anti-apartheid, though the steve biko you named (his son) was much more famous. I didn't find his father's photo so i stuck his son's photo. They look close enough.
I learned that through the I Write What I Like. Written by the Steve Biko you mentioned. His father is one of the many unnamed heroes of Apartheid South Africa fighting against Apartheid, was a pretty huge face back in those days, but faded away

I just caught up on the timeline. I am really enjoying it. I haven’t read much about Nepal before, however you are inspiring me to do some Wikipedia binges. How is the military and diplomatic policy integration working in the ECUS? Is this just a loose economic union, or is there some, “drawing ever closer” going on? Thanks for the story.

I just caught up on the timeline. I am really enjoying it. I haven’t read much about Nepal before, however you are inspiring me to do some Wikipedia binges. How is the military and diplomatic policy integration working in the ECUS? Is this just a loose economic union, or is there some, “drawing ever closer” going on? Thanks for the story.
It's not a political union like the EU, but like the European Economical Community (EEC) and it will remain that way. (sorry personal bias as a brexiter). Military and Diplomatic Integration is not there. It's more of a mutual assistance with each other than anything else. It's a forum for diplomatic and military lobbying, but only a Economic Union, nothing else. Of course that doesn't stop Himalaya, being the regional power from rubbing a few shoulders, but on paper only economic union.

Also thanks for the compliment!

*sings Rule Britannia very loudly*

Now comes the hard party - how to restructure South African politics?

I wouldn't be surprised if the old four provinces get rearranged similarly (but not exactly) to the modern ones.

*sings Rule Britannia very loudly*

Now comes the hard party - how to restructure South African politics?

I wouldn't be surprised if the old four provinces get rearranged similarly (but not exactly) to the modern ones.
South Africa not being isolated for three more decades is going to change a lot of things

Steve Biko, IIRC, was sixteen (he was born in 1946), so he's a bit young to be prime minister, IMO; however, Nelson Mandela would be acceptable as prime minister (or president), as he was born in 1918, @Sarthak Bikram Panta...

BTW, I can see Biko as a good future leader of South Africa...

Just my .02.

Good update, though...

Steve Biko, IIRC, was sixteen (he was born in 1946), so he's a bit young to be prime minister, IMO; however, Nelson Mandela would be acceptable as prime minister (or president), as he was born in 1918, @Sarthak Bikram Panta...

BTW, I can see Biko as a good future leader of South Africa...

Just my .02.

Good update, though...
I meant his father, who on anglicised was Steve Niko Sr. From Steve Niko's book I was shocked to find out that, his father was a pretty strong fighter against racial laws, and somehow he is lost to history for the most part. Nelson Mandela will also be interesting in TTL

Status
Not open for further replies.