If Facebook had existed during WW2

Hi all - I wasn't sure where to put this, so apologies if I've picked the wrong forum.

I came across this today and thought it was very clever. My first thought was it would be a great way to teach a teenager about the war.

http://www.memecenter.com/fun/998866/if-fb-existed-during-war

What are your thoughts on it and also, how do you think other historical events might be recorded on Social Media if it had been around at the time?

Not to be overly picky but Russia should be the Soviet Union, and the Third Republic would be an 1870's kid, unless it means it was a child when it was in its twenties...

The first people to get Facebook pages among the Western Allies are, predictably, Charles DeGaulle and Douglas MacArthur, followed shortly by George Patton and Bernard Law Montgomery. Patton will probably post something embarrassing and Ike will make him withdraw from Facebook. In the Soviet Union, there will be only one Facebook page allowed, that of Joseph Stalin. Anyone else who tried to have one would be shot. Churchill wouldn't bother with Facebook--he'd want his own website, churchill.com, with thousands of pages of his writings, pictures of his watercolors, audio of all his Parliamentary speeches and maps with arrows going in every direction--especially from Narvik south.

Amusing, but I always find it odd on these when they involve the real people and countries together. i.e. this one has Germany and Hitler.

DTanza

Banned
Gotta admit, I laughed at "You underestimate how many people live here and how little I care about their lives."