Homefront (or how Korae manages to pull of a Red Dawn and curbstomp the USA)

Homefront (or how Korea manages to pull off a Red Dawn and curbstomp the USA)

If anyone heard about it, Home Front is basically a game taking place in the not so far future (2027), where a unified Korea :)eek:) manages to expand its borders significantly by using force :)eek::eek:),
thereby conquering Japan :)eek::eek::eek:) and then pulling off an ungodly attack on a destitute and powerless USA, thus managing to take it over and reducing its military to nothing more than a bunch of confused freedom fighters hiding out in abandoned farms who seem to be the only hope that America has.

:eek:

shockedMonkey.jpg

While the premise seems pretty crazy, the team behind the game managed to form a pretty neat time-line that manages to explain stuff without leaning too much on the ASB side of things. Another cool thing about it is that its actually written by none other than John Milius (the guy who wrote Red Dawn, Apocalypse Now, Conan and some other films).

If you want to know more about the game, check out this pretty cool trailer:
http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/homefront?sid=6265090&overridePid=960374

There is also an interview with the developers which shows off more of the game play but in between they do some talking about the storyline.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...terviews-with-kaos-studios?tag=videos;title;6

Well then, what are your thoughts about this?

Edit: Yes and I did misspell Korea and yes, I am a blind bastard, ya happy?!?!?!

Last edited:
These guys made Frontlines Fuelf of War which I love so Im very excited fro this game even if it is impossible for me to Believe that NK can take over the US.
So when I play it Ill just subsitute NK for China

If the trailer wasn't already ASB, the timeline shown on the devs video seals the deal. Korean Federation annexing China, India, Central Asia and part of Iran in 2021.

Well, in a Supreme Ruler 2020 game I was playing, NK had taken all of Europe (Except Sicily/Sardinia, Malta, Greenland and Iceland- all were at peace), all of Mainland Asia, plus Japan (And lots of the former Indonesia), a lot of Africa, and, somehow, the Falklands (I'm not sure how we got that...). This was all in about 10 years. Of course, it didn't hurt that the USA, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Russia and PRC had all broken up before it began...

Please tell me that you are kidding.

He is not kidding, comrade HUCK. He's merely trying to impose his own definition of ASB on consensual reality, and does not realize the paradox backlash upon foolishly doing so.

He is not kidding, comrade HUCK. He's merely trying to impose his own definition of ASB on consensual reality, and does not realize the paradox backlash upon foolishly doing so.

Oh God, the ASBnish.....it's so cold now.

In all fairness, this year is going to be a crazy one for far fetched ASB scenarios (alright now that I think about it, the premise is really crazy). What with the Red Dawn remake, the Iron Sky movie, this game and Tomorow When The War Began (although I never read the books so I cant really comment on it).

Anyways, I hope that even if the story is far fetched, that the developers make it as interesting as it looks in the trailers. Too many times, people make interesting time-lines then just abandon them and turn towards the action instead (goes for games and movies).

The trailer looked quite good until Japan surrenders. At that part, I was like :confused:.

Japan surrender and they don't seem pissed that Korea took over...yea right (Korean might like the game considering it show them conquering half of the world)

You know would think people would try to make more realistic invasion game or something but they keep getting sillier and sillier, Red Alert 2 seem more credible all of a sudden

How did they manage to just conquer south east Asia and Japan like that? How did the US become so fragile and weak all of a sudden?
And your'e telling us this is not ASB?

You know in the interview they talk about how the ennemy is superior in both number and technology, not exactly what I think when we bring up North Korea

Why is it always EMP weapons in these scenarios? Why can't the writers come up with something else, especially since that type of plan wont even work? For example what about some uber missile defense?