Hitler as an Architect

Hi. So I've been wondering lately what would have happened had Hitler made up with his father, gotten through high school, and then become an architect after being rejected for art school and deciding against being a bureaucrat.

What I'm really curious about though, is what Hitler's buildings would actually -look- like, or how architecture would be different from IOTL because of this new architect. What does the After 1900 forum think?

Hi. So I've been wondering lately what would have happened had Hitler made up with his father, gotten through high school, and then become an architect after being rejected for art school and deciding against being a bureaucrat.

What I'm really curious about though, is what Hitler's buildings would actually -look- like, or how architecture would be different from IOTL because of this new architect. What does the After 1900 forum think?

I'd assume his buildings, like their portrayal in his OTL artwork, will be neoclassical and LARGE, or use foreshortening design to look BIGGER and MORE IMPOSING (because Hitler must have BEEN LACKING SOMEWHERE if OTL is any indication). In an Alternate Hitlers thread I made up such a scenario.

I think he'd tend to design the sort of things he had built while in power. Heavy on the hard lines, neo-classicism, Masculine Doric Order and such, in gigantic proportions. Might well veer into the Brutalist, Stalinist, Art Deco or early Modernist style of architecture. Like this sort of thing:

在提升企业品 英文SEO 牌形象的同时,更有针对的确定用户群,精 外贸SEO 准匹配用户,使网站发挥效果营销的重要特点。 而随着 沈阳SEO 互联网的高速发展,网络渐渐取代报纸、广播等 SEO 传统媒体。如:《光明日报》8月23日播报 英文SEO 的美国《读者文摘》主要因受互联网冲击,申请破产保护。

Good point, this may have butterflies in European colonialism but the idea of a EU with the empires included is sort of ASB since Britain would have dominated and there isn't a WWII to go on.

Still maybe the Soviets could be the replacement for the Nazis.

Cook

Banned
在提升企业品 英文SEO 牌形象的同时,更有针对的确定用户群,精 SEO 准匹配用户,使网站发挥效果营销的重要特点。 而随着 沈阳SEO 联网的高速发展,网络渐渐取代报纸、广播等 SEO 传统媒体。如:《光明日报》823日播 英文SEO 的美国《读者文摘》主要因受互联网冲击,申请破产保护。

Good point, this may have butterflies in European colonialism but the idea of a EU with the empires included is sort of ASB since Britain would have dominated and there isn't a WWII to go on.
Still maybe the Soviets could be the replacement for the Nazis.

Is it just me or has this conversation started to resemble the bar scene from Star Wars?
:eek: