Harry Potter and the Small Screen

Very interesting idea!

I think Harry Potter as a TV series would do the books more justice than the movies did and its success will hopefully inspire Rowling to tighten some of her plotting and add greater character development for the later books.

Subscribed!

Oh definitely. That's one of the several things I did not like about Goblet of Fire - that Beauxbatons and Durmstrang could have been expanded upon.

I think, the influence of the Continental partners might help to expand them a little in this version.

Updates

Brainbin, I can see you are still working on the Wacky Redhead TL, what can we do to encourage you to work on HP and the SS again?

-Bil

I'm afraid I barely have the time to work on even That Wacky Redhead at the moment - and, as I said before, that must always come first. I do miss HPSS and it's a lot of fun to think about (in fact, I was thinking about it just recently), but I'm afraid I'm going to have to officially declare that this timeline is on indefinite hiatus.

I do plan to come back to it once my schedule clears up, or once That Wacky Redhead ends, whichever comes first. Thanks to all of you for being so enthusiastic about my idea - the brainstorming has definitely been the best part - and I hope to see you all when this thread comes roaring back to life someday :)

Thande

Donor
We understand. I look forward to this resuming when you have the time available and/or when TWR ends.

Possibly relevant trivia for the day which you may or may not be aware of: apparently Jack Whitehall (a young up-and-coming panel game guest and comedian here whose dad is an important showbiz agent) was at the independent Tower House School with Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) and himself auditioned for the role of Harry Potter when the first film was made.