Hammonism (Alternate Religion)

I'm trying to create an alternate religion in which Carthage wipes away the old gods and instead forms a Ba'al Hammon (Lord Hammon) Monotheism, or Hammonism.

As much as I try to find information on Ba'al Hammon it's shrouded in so much Roman propaganda. So, I'd like to ask some people who know more about ancient history then I do.

Was Ba'al Hammon worshipped in a specific way? Was sacrifice part of the Cult of Ba'al Hammon? Did Ba'al Hammon have a strong following or was it mainly the Barca Family and Barcaian supporters? What would some commandments be in a Carthaginian holy book?

This is for a timeline by the way. Thank you.

Well, apparently the remnants of Baal Hammon worship managed to survive with the Berbers long enough for the Andalusians to deal with it. So maybe this will be able to help you somewhat?

I think, if Carthage is going to form a monotheism, it's going to be of the "all the gods are one" variety, as a fair many other gods like Melqart existed.

Was Ba'al Hammon worshipped in a specific way? Was sacrifice part of the Cult of Ba'al Hammon? Did Ba'al Hammon have a strong following or was it mainly the Barca Family and Barcaian supporters? What would some commandments be in a Carthaginian holy book?

We honestly don't know a whole lot about Punic and Canaanite polytheism. But we do know that Ba'al was worshipped by Canaanites. So, he wasn't actually a North African god, but was imported during the Tyrian colonization of Carthage.