Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

Oh, something I just realized is that apparently, the disease polio only still exists in two countries, Afghanistan and Pakistan. If there is less war in those two nations compared to OTL, does anyone think that the disease could eventually get fully eradicated like smallpox was?
With the majority of Afghanistan falling under Northern Alliance rule and the Taliban weakened then I could see polio disappearing in the region.

Combined with less distrust to western NGO's which can be connected to those wars. Yes, that's possible. The programs and the funding was present.
Just have to go through the process of getting to the nooks and crannies of the Hindu Kuah and then convincing (or forcing against their wills if possible) the villagers of the need to be vaccinated.

I vaguely remember Reading Rainbow from when I was a little kid. However, I don't know what you're talking about with the show's graphics dancing through your head as a result of my comment.
"The More You Know" graphic from that show has been made a meme for years I just didn't have the image saved on my phone to post so I improvised :p no disrespect meant to you

Random question but was the court ordered redrawing of Texas's congressional districts any different than OTL? BC if so it could have a significant impact on the 2008 House elections since the chamber is so closely divided.

On that note, it'll be interesting to see how the results of the 2010 midterms impact the 2010 redistricting cycle. If Edwards is reelected it'll almost certainly be a red wave and redistricting will probably be pretty similar to OTL, with a lot of pro-GOP gerrymandering under REDMAP, though ofc, the differing results will result in different maps from OTL in many areas. But if Edwards loses, that means 2010 will be a Democratic-leaning year, which would result in redistricting being substantially more favorable to them and have major implications for the shape of US politics in the 2010s.

TBH if @Iwanh does decide to do the latter I could probably find some folks on Twitter who would be willing to draw alternate congressional maps for at least areas where redistricting is substantially different from OTL.

Keep up the great work!!!

I'm gonna break some ice here:

Do you think would the Shuttle disaster in next chapter more Challenger disaster 1986 or OTL 2003 Columbia ? (Which prevented in TTL)
Kinda hard to determine. Maybe the 'golden bullet' actually does cause the orbiter to have a major fuel leak during launch and it explodes? Unlike OTL where pure luck prevailed and the crew and NASA had no idea until it returned. Though that particular issue might be unlikely to occur again (I honestly forget the year it occurred I just know it was the time the Chandra Observatory was launched).

I'm gonna break some ice here:

Do you think would the Shuttle disaster in next chapter more Challenger disaster 1986 or OTL 2003 Columbia ? (Which prevented in TTL)

Kinda hard to determine. Maybe the 'golden bullet' actually does cause the orbiter to have a major fuel leak during launch and it explodes? Unlike OTL where pure luck prevailed and the crew and NASA had no idea until it returned. Though that particular issue might be unlikely to occur again (I honestly forget the year it occurred I just know it was the time the Chandra Observatory was launched).
Either way, it's still probably going to be a tragedy.

Guys, it's so interesting
I dreamed about Iwanh updated last night.......I kid you not

The Shuttle being hijacked and destroyed the Great Sphinx of Giza

It was terrorist attack

And I saw a wikibox, John Edward took 49 states in 2008 , and those state color are red

I remember I be like we already in November 2008?

And I woke up be like: WTF is these, this didn't make any sense at all
What was I dreaming ?
It's impossible for Iwanh to write TL like these
It's completely random

Last edited: