Germany Focuses on Russia

WI: Germany abandons the 'Schlieffen Plan' sometime before 1914, and instead decides to hold a defensive line on the French Border. Meanwhile, the bulk of the Germany army invades Russia, hoping to gain ground while Russia clumsily mobilises.

Okay how many russian army in ww1? And do you think german defensif line could hold france?.. Dont undersitmate russia maybe they lost with their tech, but they have masive population and stategic location.

WI: Germany abandons the 'Schlieffen Plan' sometime before 1914, and instead decides to hold a defensive line on the French Border. Meanwhile, the bulk of the Germany army invades Russia, hoping to gain ground while Russia clumsily mobilises.
Needs to make the decision before 1912 to build up a much larger engineering group due to the logistical difficulties with Russia operating on a different rail gauge.

I see large scale success but whether it will just be Russia trading space for time before a counter attack is a big question.

Also interesting will be Britain. Historically the invasion of Belgium was the justification that got Britain into the war. While I have no doubt that Britain would enter into ww1 I would not be surprised if it took as much as 3 months to get political support for declaring war.

TDM

Kicked
Germany will ultimately win against Russia, but Russia can pull back and tarpit the German's and AH i.e any result in the east will take time. Meanwhile in the west the best Germany can hope for is a static trench warfare in their own territory instead of France