Game maps thread

Where would I find a base map for Empire Total War with all the provinces outlined?
This one okay for you?
ETWMAP1-1.png

b3mseb.png

Was playing as the Marathas in one of my earlier games. I was a leader in tech of the world and when the US revolted in 1730's (no idea why) I gave them all the weapon upgrades against the British. The British sent a large expeditionary force to the Americas. I then landed my forces in Ireland and the British navy after a few massive battles in the Channel have become a mere fraction of what it once was.

My game on ETW. Kinda turned into a bit of a wankfest with me and Poland having most of the rest of the world as our bitches by the 1750s.

ETWMAP.PNG

No one officially said that this has to be electronic games, right? This is from the board game Axis and Allies. For those who don't know, it is basically Risk, only a few orders of magnitude more complicated (it tries to simulate different types of units) and set in WW2. The game is made for 5 players (USSR, Germany, UK, Japan, and USA) and begins in 1942. Because of this, it is somewhat overly simplified. For example, the entire European Axis including Italy is under the control of Germany, the Free French are part of the UK, Nationalist China is shown as US-controlled, and all neutral countries are "impassable."

Anyway, the other day, my friends and I played the most interesting game of A&A ever. Since we've all played a million times, we always use the same basic strategies, so the game always goes the same way: the Soviets try to defend against Germany, but the best they can manage is a fighting retreat. Meanwhile in the Pacific, Japan has the same trouble with the Americans. If Tokyo falls before Moscow, then the US can turn its attention to Europe, the Soviets can recover, and Germany loses since it is now them vs. the world. But if Moscow falls first, then Germany goes on to steamroll all of Eurasia, relieve Japan, and use the increased industrial capacity to do Operation S****** and the Axis wins. But the other day we had a wild card that threw us out of the normal routine. This wild card was in the form of a new player. He was playing Britain. Since Germany and I (Japan) weren't feeling particularly merciful, we decided to give him a baptism of fire by taking advantage of his inexperience and curbstomping him all over the globe. This meant that Japan immediately launched invasions of India and Australia, leaving only a token force on the border with the Soviets. It was a risk, but I figured that it wouldn't take long, and I could sweep back and re-take Manchuria (assuming that I lost it) later. Germany meanwhile, wouldn't put as much into the Eastern front. Instead he would just send enough troops to stalemate the Soviets and instead begin building up troops for an early invasion of the British Isles, and also take Egypt. The plan worked great for awhile. Unfortunately in my zeal for conquest in Asia, I left my flank pretty well exposed. The Americans then proceeded to land invasion forces on both The Philippines and mainland Japan on the same turn. Fortunately, Germany managed to take Moscow and pull a S******. From there, the USSR, Japan, and the UK were more or less crippled (there are terrible consequences for losing your capital in the game) and the game just became Germany vs. USA. We realized that this stalemate would never be broken, so we just called it quits.

Assuming that one turn=one year (which is what we generally assume with this game) the armistice occured in 1947. This is my best attempt to approximate what the map looked like. Since the game doesn't differentiate, I had no way of knowing which parts of Africa are German occupied and which parts are Italian occupied, so I gave it all to the Germans. I had a similar problem with the Germans and the Finns in the USSR. I gave the Murmansk/Karelia areas to Finland. So after that long explanation, here is the map:

Axis and Allies game map.png

HTTT Independent Nations mod for EU3. (It splits the world into as many countries as possible, which basically all have equal opportunities).

I took over the one province nations of the British Isles as Danzig. Then I took on England itself, then Leinster which owned all of Ireland, then Iceland in the north.

I no longer have Danzig.

ZaE9m.png

Map of ym current game in Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword. I'm running Rhye's and Fall of Civilization 3000BC, and playing of Persia. This is the world in 1,000 AD.
I've just finished off the remnants of a collapsed Egypt, finished off the Arabians, and am preparing for the rise of the Turks. I am planning to invade China through Khmer, as Khmer is my vassal and the Chinese are just beginning to collapse. It is VERY fun.
Oh, I gave Egypt's colour to Ethiopia, so don't be confused.

That game is going to end epically. You do realize that you have to conquer Warsaw in order to win, right? This is going to be epic.

And yes, I do realise this. I'm trying to build up faster than Poland at the moment, but they just curbstomped the German and Italian states and are invading the Netherlands, and I am in serious danger of being outstripped militarily, so I plan on a sudden drive to Warsaw while they are distracted in Western Europe.

Civ4.PNG

400 years later, 1400AD. Khmer betrays me, but I ignore it and turn West. Ethiopia and Mali are vassalised, and I invade Greece. I take Byzantion, causing Greece to collapse, but I am unable to take the resulting city states because Turkey has risen and invaded me. After the hardest war yet, I conquer and destroy Turkey, while Samarkand falls to a small force of knights. Meanwhile, Mongolia has risen and China has collapsed into civil war.

Civ4.PNG

Here is the first of a series of maps from my old game on a Hearts of iron 2 mod called Kasierriech. I was playing as Germany, and ended the game going into a 3 way cold war with Catholic League, Entente, and Mittleuropa. I spent most of the game putting up puppet regimes (UK, northern France, Georgia, etc). The nuclear powers in Europe are Germany, Spain, Austria, Russia, and the Ottomans. This map only shows Europe, the middle east, and north Africa.

Here are the members of each alliances in europe (it only shows european members)
Mittleuropa: Germany, France, UK, Sweden, Ottoman empire, Finland, Bulgaria, Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania,Georgia, Albania, Moldavia

Entente: Russia (de facto member), Portugal, Egypt, Nationalist France, Norway,Greece, Romania, Serbia, and Persia

Catholic League: Austria, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Hungary (in personal union with Austria)

kaiseriech 2nd Weltkrieg aftermath europe.png

The end of my RFC game as Persia. I have won a domination victory, with at least 30% of the world's land and 25% of the world's population. I have defeated Carthage and divided it between Mali and Egypt, who also fought in the war with me, and forced a surrender on the Mongol Empire and put down an Arabian revolution. The Vikings are at war with the Spanish and Dutch, and the Dutch have nearly conquered Denmark. The USA is close to taking Vancouver from the British, and France is invading the Maya.

civ4p.PNG

My game in the Random Scenarios Mod for Hearts of Iron III

Im Albania located in the Ukraine (purple) and im part of the Comintern with includes:

Sweden - Blue (located around Spain and France)
Italy - Green (Eastern Australia)
Cuba - Light Red/Pink (North Africa)
Israel - Light Blue - (Most of Korea)
Pink-ish nation (Around Manchuria and all of Mongolia)
Light Green nation (Yukon + Northwest Territories in Canada)

The year is November 17th 1937

hoi3mapalb1937112001.png

Guess this is the place to put it...

Diplomacy final results of a "quick game" to eight cities we just finished up in class. Mostly play Machiavelli, but we wanted to change it up a bit. I played as the Ottoman Empire, but also told the UK everything to do, so they where essentially my puppets. France, my chief rival, played by one of my friends who is always the other super power in diplo games, was allied with Italy, who he used to attack me and take Greece and Albania from me in the last turn. I only managed to win because of the final partitioning of Austria.

All and all, a good game.

diplomap.png

Thande

Donor
Map of ym current game in Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword. I'm running Rhye's and Fall of Civilization 3000BC, and playing of Persia. This is the world in 1,000 AD.

How can you see the entire world map in realtime to make the map if it's that early in the game?