Game maps thread

Thande

Donor
I think we may have had one of these a while back, but I can't locate it...

Anyway, here is a place to put maps showing althistory scenarios achieved through games such as the Civilisation series or the Paradox EU/HoI/Victoria etc. Take with a pinch of ASB.

This is the result of me playing through to 1943 as Britain on the (unmodded) Road to War scenario that comes with Civ4 BTS. It has a few...idiosyncrasies if you play it on open mode (as I did) rather than historical events happening by themselves. For example, France and Italy become mortal enemies because the city of Nice is placed right on their border; they were in the middle of their second war since the game began in 1939 at the time this map shows.

Also Germany did not invade Poland until 1941, and then took the whole of Poland with the USSR doing nothing (which it tends to do even with the historical events on!). The USSR launched the Winter War in 1942 and is doing better than OTL, besieging Helsinki.

The setup simplifies several things by ignoring some countries so I've tried to reflect that on the map. Also Greece/Yugoslavia and Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria are treated as one country, as are Norway/Denmark and the USA starts off the game with Iceland for some reason.

After the Low Countries (also treated as one state in this scenario) rather quixotically attacked France, they got their arses handed to them and were annexed by France.

As for me playing as Britain, I went after "Iberia" (again...) because I kept getting pro-Iberian revolts in Gibraltar (not particularly realistic, that :rolleyes: ) and the French scraped up the edges through Cultural Imperialism. I then went after Norway (which includes Denmark) and had just finished conquering it by the time this map was made. Germany finally launched Barbarossa in mid-1943.

Post your own, preferably using a better basemap than this ;)

Screen PNG.png

One of my old maps, showing Poland in year 1480. I`ve started in 1066 (Crusader Kings), and continued from 1350 in EU3. There was a lot of role-playing and house rules along the way to make game more interesting and challenging. (CK part actually ended by Poland being conquered by Mongols).

konrad.jpg

One of my old maps, showing Poland in year 1480. I`ve started in 1066 (Crusader Kings), and continued from 1350 in EU3. There was a lot of role-playing and house rules along the way to make game more interesting and challenging. (CK part actually ended by Poland being conquered by Mongols).

cool map:cool:

A map with the european countries under the Gonzaga dinasty, from my first game of EU3:HttT (I played Tuscany->Italy as a Noble Republic, which allowed me to survive to the huge HRE, as the austrians became Gonzagas a little before the unification of the Empire).
Beating France over and over and inheriting Scotland as a Republic were the best parts of the game :D

gonzaga_empire2.jpg

Great thread. Question. I know in EUIII, there was some way the game would generate world maps for you. Can you do that in Victoria?

Rooting around in my Photobucket album, I found a few maps I'd made of old HOI2 games.

A USSR game. IIRC this game started out as an MP game with a friend as Sweden, hence why it's in the Comintern and not taken over by me. I built up my defenses and prepared for Barbarossa, but apparently Germany decided to do something different. Note that there has been a successful Sealion :)eek:), but that the US has made a small beachhead and has reached London. I didn't even notice the Germans invading Britain that game. It was just at one point I got curious why a DOW hadn't come, and I looked over and the island was grey!

Also in this game, I invaded Persia while the Allies were distracted but they declared war on me anyway. So it's a 3-way war, except for Japan who is at war with the Allies but at peace with me. They were serving as a nice buffer. :D The map is from the end of 1944.

USSR-Arma-December-1944.png

And here is three years later at the beginning of 1948 and I'm finally at the Alps and Pyrenees. I remember crossing the Aegean being really difficult as I never bothered to build much of a navy. And yes, I did take over Sulawesi pretty much just so the Soviets could have something in Indonesia.

USSR-Arma-January-1948.png

Thande

Donor
Note that there has been a successful Sealion :)eek:), but that the US has made a small beachhead and has reached London. I didn't even notice the Germans invading Britain that game. It was just at one point I got curious why a DOW hadn't come, and I looked over and the island was grey!

Schroedinger's Sealion: It only works if you're not looking :D