Galician revival – A Ruthenian timeline

Galician revival
On 1323, Andrii Yuriievych would survive in battle against the Lithuanians and would inherit Halych completely from his brother Lev and secure his daughter and her husband, Liubartas’ succession in the principality of Halych and Volyn.

Andrii’s daughter, Euphemia would welcome the birth of a son named Danylo the name of the ruler of a great rule of Galicia and Volhynia in 1324, Euphemia would dream that her son will be strong and will be a known ruler, both Euphemia, her father Andrii and her husband Liubartas would be happy of the birth of the heir and son of Liubartas, Liubartas would reign as Dmitry I(Demetrius I) of Galicia and Volhynia.

Liubartas_King_Galicia-Volhynia.jpg

Demetrius I of Galicia and Volhynia

I actually have sympathy and liking for states that were obscure like Galicia and Volhynia, so I created this TL, I created a TL before with the same vein.

Succession of Demetrius I of Galicia and Volhynia
On 1330, Liubartas as Demetrius I(Dmitry I) of Galicia and Volhynia with his wife Euphemia of Galicia would reign as the ruler of Galicia and Volhynia after the death of Andrew of Galicia and they would also start the negotiations for their son, Danylo’s marriage to Kunigunde of Poland to secure the succession of Galicia and Volhynia which would have consequences in the future Polish succession.

The two states would be at peace once the settlement has been made between the two parties and Mazovia would not claim the Principality of Galicia and Volhynia against Euphemia of Galicia and her husband.

King Casimir III of Poland would try to meddle with the affairs of the principality, but he would fail.

Last edited:
Baptism of Lithuania
On 1383, Demetrius I of Galicia Volhynia has died and he would replaced by his son Danylo II of Galicia who has his son with Kunigunde of Poland, Andrew(1349) as his own successor, he would marry his grand daughter Maria of Galicia(1374), the daughter of his heir Andrew to Jogaila, the grand duke of Lithuania, which would trigger the baptism of Lithuania to the Orthodox religion against the Teutonic Knights in 1390 when the marriage between Maria of Galicia and Jogaila was consummated and they would secure the Kingdom of Galicia and Volhynia as a vassal/tributary state.

On 1383, Demetrius I of Galicia Volhynia has died and he would replaced by his son Danylo II of Galicia who has his son with Kunigunde of Poland, Andrew(1349) as his own successor, he would marry his grand daughter Maria of Galicia(1374), the daughter of his heir Andrew to Jogaila, the grand duke of Lithuania, which would trigger the baptism of Lithuania to the Orthodox religion against the Teutonic Knights in 1390 when the marriage between Maria of Galicia and Jogaila was consummated and they would secure the Principality of Galicia and Volhynia as a vassal/tributary state of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

Last edited:
End of the French war of succession
On 1367, Edward the black prince would die without children and the new heir is John of Gaunt and the French would forward a peace settlement with the English in 1368 after the death of the first Queen of Charles V.

On 1368, Jeanne de Bourbon would die after a miscarriage, which would cause the French to try another peace treaty with the English, this time, Philippa, the daughter of Lionel of Antwerp was the one demanded by the French King Charles V in exchange for the cessation of the war between the French and the English as well as the cession of the Duchy of Aquitaine to the French as her dowry, she would be known as Philippine in France, earlier, John IV, the Duke of Brittany is married to Philippa of Lancaster whose marriage is consummated on the 1370s causing Brittany and England to have greater ties.

On 1370, the Treaty of Calais marrying Philippa to Charles V of France would happen giving up the English claims to France, the Duchy of Aquitaine and Calais and Edward III would secure Ponthieu in exchange, Philippa was fifteen years old during the marriage and it took time for the marriage to be consummated but they would have the following children.

Charles VI b. 1374

Louis, Duke of Orleans b. 1376

Last edited:
Beatrice I of Portugal
On 1369, Constance of Castile would marry John, the new heir of England and Isabel of Castile would marry Edmund Duke of York in order to maintain an alliance between the English and Peter the Cruel would be made since Constance’s children would not inherit England and also Peter the Cruel would marry Joan of Holland, Constance of Castile would fail to succeed due to Peter the Cruels death due to the barons of an ally of Henry II of Castile on 1371, they planned to marry Beatrice I of Portugal and John of Lancaster, a younger son of John who is a descendant of Peter the Cruel but that did not happen due to him dying at a young age, replaced by Edward of Norwich but the nobles of Portugal would choose Henry III of Castile and Leon in 1390 and they married on 1391.

Children of Beatrice I of Portugal and Henry III of Castile and Leon

-Maria b. 1401

-Beatrice b. 1403

-Ferdinand b. 1405

Last edited:
Louis I of Hungary
On 1352, knowing that he would not benefit from a marriage from Elizabeth of Bosnia would let her marry the future Stephen Uros V with Zachlumia as her own dowry and chose to be betrothed to Elizabeth of Pomerania, the eldest grandchild and granddaughter of knowing her own ties to the succession of Poland which would further strengthen his reign, her brother, Casimir of Pomerania would die prior to the marriage of Elizabeth of Pomerania, Elizabeth of Pomerania has a younger sister named Anna(1351) who would marry Charles IV of HRE.

On 1370, Casimir III of Poland would die without any sons from his marriages and had Louis I of Hungary as his successor, the two would have two surviving sons named Casimir(1370) and Louis(1373) and Casimir IV would succeed on 1382 as King of Poland, Casimir IV would marry Margaret of Bohemia(1373), his first cousin with dispensation on 1390 with the dowry of Silesia as negotiated with Wenceslaus IV, although Mazovia would be lost to the Lithuanians while Louis would succeed as King of Hungary and marry Joanna of Naples but Louis II of Hungary would die without an issue with Joanna on 1395 causing Hungary to pass to his brother, Casimir reuniting the two kingdoms for a longer time.

Last edited:
John of Gaunt’s/John II of England’s surviving children
John of Gaunt’s/John II of England’s surviving children

With Blanche of Lancaster

-Philippa, Duchess of Brittany b. 1360, married to John IV, Duke of Brittany

-Elizabeth of Lancaster b. 1364, married to Olaf II King of Denmark

-Henry IV of England b. 1366, married to Maria of Navarre [1][2]

With Constance of Castile

-Katherine of England b. 1373, married to Infante Peter, Count of Mortain in 1390[3]

1. His OTL wife, Mary of Bohun would marry Edmund of Norwich expanding the estates of the York family.

2. Joanna of Navarre became the second wife of John II of Castile, a marriage that would produce his further children.

3. Their only surviving Issue, Catherine of Mortain b. 1401 would marry Ferdinand, Duke of Asturias, later Ferdinand V of Castile.

Last edited:
Poland and Hungary would be in an almost perpetual union and the majority of Kievan Rus and Mazovia would end up under Lithuanian rule under the Jagiellonians.
plh.png