Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I centered the gyronny's zero coordinate on the hoist, though I'm not sure if that's what you wanted. It's a tad jagged and the fibriations are slightly off-center, but it only took about 15 minutes in GIMP. Aside from that, it's pretty damn ugly if I do say so myself.

No, you've done a solid job of interpreting what was requested. The request itself is not particularly pretty, though

Yep, that's pretty much correct. I just wanted to confirm that I had written up the description correctly.

This is the original flag:
LylyFlag.png

Two flags for my TL A More Personal Union, representing the Electoral College of the Holy Roman Empire:

reichstag2-1.png

Alternate version:

reichstag1.png

The black St. George's Cross represents the Archbishopric of Cologne. The red St. George's Cross represents the Archbishopric of Trier. The wheel in the center is for the Archbishopric of Mainz. The red-blue-red triband represents the Kingdom of Serbia, while the red-white-red triband is for the Archduchy of Austria. The lion with crown and orb is the Electorate of the Palatinate, and the stag is the Electorate of Wurttemberg. Not represented: the Electorate of Bavaria.

Last edited:
I like that! It's a different style of cross flag from most I've seen.

Flag of the Republic of England. I thought it was simple and effective:

RepublicofEngland.png

The Valley Forge "Blood-Stained Banner," a sacred relic of the American Fundamentalist Christian faith and Custer's Manifest Destiny Party from my Madness TL. It's based on the blutfahne, of course. :D

9273429081_a034c65453_z.jpg

Flag for the Federation of Cascadia, inspired by the idea of liberal-minded Washington, Oregon and British Columbia seceding from the USA and Canada and creating a progressive, environmentalist country in the NW.
Mostly based on the Flag of Vancouver, colours (going up) represent the sea, Cascadia's forests and natural landscapes, and the mountains and sky. The tree for "endurance, defiance and resilience", and the green and red arrow symbolize Cascadia leading it's people to a brighter future. The wavy lines are supposed to give it a Native-American vibe as well.

Cascadia.jpg

Cascadia.jpg

Last edited:
I also made an alternate version-naval ensign maybe?

Cascadia2.jpg

Stars stand for the seven states-Washington, Oregon, Lincoln, Biritsh Columbia, Vancouver, Northern Idaho, Jefferson, and Cascadia itself.

Cascadia2.jpg

I also made an alternate version-naval ensign maybe?

Stars stand for the seven states-Washington, Oregon, Lincoln, Biritsh Columbia, Vancouver, Northern Idaho, Jefferson, and Cascadia itself.

Not gonna lie. That's one of my favorite flags EVER. :D It's just... perfect. Well done, I say, old chap.

Dorozhand

Banned
Not gonna lie. That's one of my favorite flags EVER. :D It's just... perfect. Well done, I say, old chap.

I agree. It follows the rule of tincture, uses nice shades of green and blue, manages to use the wavy stripes and still appear balanced, and has a very symbolically and geometrically neat arrangement of the stars. I give it a 10 out of 10.

Dorozhand

Banned
Yet another Communist American flag:

comunist America flag.png

Not bad at all :) though the stars are a bit messy. The Canton makes me think of the Republic of China. The emblem is really cool though, it echoes that of the Canadian CP and it's a welcome deviation from the usual "stamp a hammer-and-sickle on it" approach that is so overused.

Not bad at all :) though the stars are a bit messy. The Canton makes me think of the Republic of China. The emblem is really cool though, it echoes that of the Canadian CP and it's a welcome deviation from the usual "stamp a hammer-and-sickle on it" approach that is so overused.
Thanks. I was trying to go for a more American look rather than traditionally communist. The stars are a bit sloppy, but I couldn't really figure out a way to fix that in GIMP, since I copy-and-pasted them from Wikipedia's Betsy Ross flag and colored them yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.