Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petike

Kicked
Great and rather funny. :) Do a few more flags for the Strangereal nations. Some of them aren't that good, IMHO.

What if, instead of becoming obsessed with German culture and society, Adolf Hitler stayed in Austria, becoming a devout Catholic and Hapsburg supporter, before fighting for Austria-Hungary in World War One? What if he founded a fascist, Catholic nationalist party there, committed to reclaiming Austria's lost territory, and eventually restoring the Holy Roman Empire in all it's glory?

fascist austria 2.png

fascist austria 2.png

Last edited:
What if, instead of becoming obsessed German culture and society, Adolf Hitler stayed in Austria, becoming a devout Catholic and Hapsburg supporter, before fighting for Austria-Hungary in World War One? What if he founded a fascist, Catholic nationalist party there, committed to reclaiming Austria's lost territory, and eventually restoring the Holy Roman Empire in all it's glory?
write that as a timeline, that woudl be way better, i mean if hes religious it has to be better right?

What if, instead of becoming obsessed German culture and society, Adolf Hitler stayed in Austria, becoming a devout Catholic and Hapsburg supporter, before fighting for Austria-Hungary in World War One? What if he founded a fascist, Catholic nationalist party there, committed to reclaiming Austria's lost territory, and eventually restoring the Holy Roman Empire in all it's glory?

View attachment 208134

pretty good one. It manage to be both eye pleasing while paralleling OTL without simply being a blatant copy of the Nazi flag.

What if, instead of becoming obsessed German culture and society, Adolf Hitler stayed in Austria, becoming a devout Catholic and Hapsburg supporter, before fighting for Austria-Hungary in World War One? What if he founded a fascist, Catholic nationalist party there, committed to reclaiming Austria's lost territory, and eventually restoring the Holy Roman Empire in all it's glory.

Very nice flag.

yup, instead of pseudo-mystical mumbo-jumbo as justification for genocide, he'd use good old fashion Christian bigotry from the middle-ages. Much more palatable, I'm sure.

No esoteric nazis and Aryan theories? Just Catholic-based crusader fascism? Bah.

At least make Himmler a nutty Indiana Jones.

Could someone make this flag, just to make sure I've described it accurately?

Gyronny of five, scarlet, white, blue, white, and burgundy, fibriated with gold, meeting at a point two thirds between the hoist center and center

Could someone make this flag, just to make sure I've described it accurately?

Gyronny of five, scarlet, white, blue, white, and burgundy, fibriated with gold, meeting at a point two thirds between the hoist center and center

Gyronny of five?

Flag of an alternate united Cyprus.

The red is for the Turkish population, the blue for the Greek, and the white for the union of the two. The central device is ITTL called the Cypriot Star, and combines a Greek cross with an eight-pointed star of Islam.

Alternate Cyprus.png

*Heraldic.

Still, the lowest gyronny I've ever seen was of six pieces, with eight and sixteen being the most common. How on earth is gyronny of five to look like? :confused:

I did one for Martinus's Himalaya a while back in his monster flag collection, and it looked like this:

Himalaya.png

I centered the gyronny's zero coordinate on the hoist, though I'm not sure if that's what you wanted. It's a tad jagged and the fibriations are slightly off-center, but it only took about 15 minutes in GIMP. Aside from that, it's pretty damn ugly if I do say so myself.

Is Inkscape better for flags?

flagrequest.png

Status
Not open for further replies.