Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are three alternate versions of your blazon, all done in Inkscape. To answer Tsochar's question, yes, it certainly is, because vector graphics mean no pixelation. However, using Inkscape can be quite daunting to learn.

mutb3i4s.png

I believe that to be proper gironny, the scarlet field would have to begin in the upper hoist corner, but meh.

What if, instead of becoming obsessed with German culture and society, Adolf Hitler stayed in Austria, becoming a devout Catholic and Hapsburg supporter, before fighting for Austria-Hungary in World War One? What if he founded a fascist, Catholic nationalist party there, committed to reclaiming Austria's lost territory, and eventually restoring the Holy Roman Empire in all it's glory?
Very nice flag. Reminds me of the scenario presented on this map a couple of years ago.

Nietzsche

Banned
I've got a flag request. I need a flag for 'the United Kingdoms of Great Britain and Atlantis'. 'Atlantis' here is what remains of British North America(everything from OTL Minnesota north & east, sans the areas that would've made up the Confederacy). There was no rebellion until much later, and then only in the southern states, because of British anti-slavery laws being enforced in the New World. They survived by intervention from a powerful state that occupies the rest of North America, so they just sorta' let them go.

'Atlantis' is a HRE-like collection of various duchies, counties, things like that, and is ITL where Britain gets its 'Empire' Status, even if it is fully integrated into the UK. Please and thank you.

Nietzsche

Banned
The Flag of the United Kingdom is composed of the flags of the various Patron Saints of the Nation.

The flag of England (St. George), the flag of Scotland (Saint Andrew), the flag of Scotland (Saint Patrick) and finally the patron saint of Atlantis (Saint John the Baptist).

The result is the flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Atlantis.

View attachment 208326

Wow. I really like that. Do you think you could make a CoA with the English Lion, Scottish Unicorn, Welsh Dragon and the Bald Eagle of Atlantis?

Very nice flag. Reminds me of the scenario presented on this map a couple of years ago.

Pah ha ha ha. It's been a long time since I've ever used my DA account (as you can probably tell from my signature), yet I am proud that some people actually remember it.
Still, that's forced my out of lurking so well done!

Whilst I'm here:

Know anyone who can?

I'll take it...

EDIT:
Do you think you could make a CoA with the English Lion, Scottish Unicorn, Welsh Dragon and the Bald Eagle of Atlantis?

Taking your request literally, here you go:
3fdz.png

And on a flag (assuming Ireland isn't there):
ewa9.png

Last edited:
Royaume d'Égypte (Armée d'Orient and refugee Republicans.)

attachment.php

Royaume d'Égypte (RÉ)
(Papyrus=Upper Egypt, Bee=Lower Egypt, Crescent and Star=Islam, Coptic Cross=Christians, Black=Black earth of Kemet, Red=Fraternity among races, Grenade=French soldiers defending Royaume d'Égypte (RÉ)).

Initially the Armée d'Orient battle standard, similar to Napoleonic regimental flags, colour changes(blue to black) just like Italian flag is derived from French tricolour.

Napoleon Bonaparte decided not to abandon his men in Egypt, but was determined to make them survive despite being cut off from France.

Napoleon and his troops converted to Islam. He had to choose between French support and local Egyptian support, while the former seemed to have abandoned them. (However, looking at what he did to Judaism IOTL at so called Grand_Sanhedrin IOTL, you would have an idea what he would do to Islam in his Egypt.)

As Consul of the Egyptian Republic, Napoleon was as smart and diplomatic as Mohammed Ali Pasha did IOTl (Mohammad Ali was a foreigner as well), we now have his 30,000+ French soldiers as the ruling class of Egypt, not unlike the Mameluke. With the locals slowly leaning to the French, Britain suffered a few setbacks and then decided it's simply not worth the effort to fight on, and accepted Bonaparte's peace offer.

Without Bonaparte, the Directory screwed it and France was forced back to Bourbon-ism at Alliance gunpoint. This way there was a peace treaty sooner than OTL, with Europe less devastated, Britannia rule of the sea less absolute. The Kings were much more revanchist to the unholy revolutionaries than IOTL, forcing hundreds of thousands to flee to Egypt, the last Revolutionary stronghold.

Among the refugees was Champollion, an ardent republican. Now he is in Egypt and have much greater access to Egyptian Hieroglyphs than OTL.

After the war, European powers' opinions of Napoleon's Egypt was complex. The British was be distasteful of it due to the dynasty's hostile history and French Revolutionary origins, even though it was no longer a threat; Bourbon Kingdom of France secretly felt happy that those revolutionaries are eating sand in a unknown place other than making troubles in France; Catholic states angered by his apostasy. This cancelled off the supposed diplomatic advantages Egypt gains with a European ruling class.

With grudging approval of Europe, French Kingdom of Egypt Survived. King Napoleon I (changed to kingdom to make the country even more harmless in the European eyes) then started his 20 year rule of Egypt (1806-1826).

With the help of his army (especially General Jacque-Francois Menou), French refugees and some more enlightened local pashas, Napoleon was able to achieve much more than Muhammad Ali did IOTL, and was much less indebted thanks to his vigilance against the bankers.

There were no ban on intermarriage and by 1900 the border between French and locals was blurred. Still, Egypt stood firm against European colonialism, with Napoleonic Banners flying high.

Nietzsche

Banned
Pah ha ha ha. It's been a long time since I've ever used my DA account (as you can probably tell from my signature), yet I am proud that some people actually remember it.
Still, that's forced my out of lurking so well done!

Whilst I'm here:

I'll take it...

EDIT:

Taking your request literally, here you go:

And on a flag (assuming Ireland isn't there):
I quite like that. Think you could re-add the Irish cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.