Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, both of those are meant to be flags of Illyria, with the second one being based on one of the flags of Naples. In the vague TL idea that inspired these flags, in which an assassination attempt against Napoleon in 1809 is successful, I imagine that Illyria would be given to someone in exchange for them not making trouble in France, though I'm not sure who. One of Napoleon's brothers? One of the marshals? Naples would probably go on being ruled by Murat.

Interesting choices.

Hey guys, bit of a minor emergency. Does anyone know where I could find the flag/badge/colours of the 2nd finnish regiment? Need it for an assessment tomorrow :)

Dorozhand

Banned
Flag of the Empire of San Francisco, currently ruled by Norton VI :D

Bald Eagle clutching a sword (representing defense, valour, and independence) and pickaxe (representing mining and general industriousness), and wearing the Imperial Crown.

Shield is Argent on a bend purpure six bezants

White for the beauty of San Francisco, Purple for the empire that upholds it, and six bezants representing the wealth of the area and the six Imperial Duchies (awarded during Norton I's reign to distinguished citizens): Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa, Solano, Napa, and Sonoma.

Norton 2.png

Norton 2.png

They might get confused fro British flags or, more specifically, former British colonies in Estonia and its surroundings. :p But, in all honesty, I really dig that colour combination and overall arrangement. :)

Speaking of confusion, you could have added brief descriptions to the flags. That last flag represents Karelia, am I right ? (I distinctly remember that one of the southeastern Finnish provinces has or had that CoA with the two different weapon-wielding arms.)

Flag of the Empire of San Francisco, currently ruled by Norton VI :D

LOL, good ol' Norton ! :D Cute. :)

Was there really an extensive mining tradition near San Francisco ? I've never heard of it.

They might get confused fro British flags or, more specifically, former British colonies in Estonia and its surroundings. :p But, in all honesty, I really dig that colour combination and overall arrangement. :)

Speaking of confusion, you could have added brief descriptions to the flags. That last flag represents Karelia, am I right ? (I distinctly remember that one of the southeastern Finnish provinces has or had that CoA with the two different weapon-wielding arms.)

1st flag (similar to british flag) is United Kingdom of Estonia and Finland
2nd flag is Estonia, 3rd is Finland, 4th is Lapland and last is Karelia

and Coat of Arms on last flag is CoA of province North Karelia but without crown

Reposted from Theocracy: Empires of Abomination: a Tyrian Purple variant of the flag of the Ecumene (a confederation of "the Greek Gods"). I figured it could also be the flag of some sort of fascist neo-Byzantine Empire:

N8X3f7v.png

They are very nice, though the Lapland coat of arms is something that Finland, Sweden or Norway don't use currently for the area. Is it borrowed from somewhere or did you make it yourself? It looks very good but has a somehow, um, generic "the North" feeling about it more than looking like a historical coat of arms or being indigenous to the area. In other words, in both good and bad something an ad man could make rather than, say, a vexillologist.

For the coat of arms for Lapland Finland and Sweden have traditionally used the "wildman with club" theme dating to the early 17th century, ordered by King Charles IX and designed by his German court architect. Interestingly, the competing design would have been "two fighting yellow wolves on a blue field", something that would be more representative for the area and something I would very much like see reproduced...;)

They are very nice, though the Lapland coat of arms is something that Finland, Sweden or Norway don't use currently for the area. Is it borrowed from somewhere or did you make it yourself? It looks very good but has a somehow, um, generic "the North" feeling about it more than looking like a historical coat of arms or being indigenous to the area. In other words, in both good and bad something an ad man could make rather than, say, a vexillologist.

For the coat of arms for Lapland Finland and Sweden have traditionally used the "wildman with club" theme dating to the early 17th century, ordered by King Charles IX and designed by his German court architect. Interestingly, the competing design would have been "two fighting yellow wolves on a blue field", something that would be more representative for the area and something I would very much like see reproduced...;)

The CoA of Lapland is from Coat of Arms thread, because I wanted them to be as independent states before Unification

Dorozhand

Banned
Flag of the Yong Dynasty of China. The dynasty was Founded in 1861 by the northern "Black Turban Rebellion" after the Second Opium War. It's first monarch, the Jianshun Emperor, decided that China needed to reform itself into a modern state in order to compete with the encroaching Europeans. As part of this process, he had designed China's first national flag. Even through the changes later on, the "Jianshun Banner" has since been regarded as a respected symbol of China's resurgence in the late 19th century.

A canton of Yellow, representing the emperor, with the characters for "Great Yong" in the center.

A field of green, representing prosperity and health. Two bands of black (water) representing the Yangtze and Huang He rivers, and a band of white (metal) representing industriousness and China's determination to build itself up.

Da Yong.png

Da Yong.png

Flag of the Russian State of Alaska.
The word in russian means "Continent" because "Alaska" means continent in aléoute.

1367334689-alaska.png

The flag is inspired from the Californian design. And the bear comes from United Russia's logo (Putin's party).

Tsao

Banned
Flag of the Russian State of Alaska.
The word in russian means "Continent" because "Alaska" means continent in aléoute.
The flag is inspired from the Californian design. And the bear comes from United Russia's logo (Putin's party).

That would look so much better without the text added (or at least with a different color for the text).

Status
Not open for further replies.