Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
also that is untrue, there is a deference between the diamonds. when you measure them.

They are mostly the same size, but the anti-aliasing in some of them is different. Thus you have a few with a pixel difference in height, and some of them have different edges.

What kind of political system do they have ?

They have a President who serves the same roles as the US President. They also have a Prime Minister who is the equivalent of the Vice-President+ Secretary of State in the USA.

As for the legislature, they have a Parliament, which consists of a Senate (Same as OTL. 2 Senators per Province, but elected by popular vote, not by the Provincial Governments as it was initially in the USA), and the House of Delegates (OTL House of Representatives). It's multi-party system with 2 main parties, but several third parties do manage to win seats in the House of Delegates.

The Judiciary is largely the same.

They have a President who serves the same roles as the US President. They also have a Prime Minister who is the equivalent of the Vice-President+ Secretary of State in the USA.

As for the legislature, they have a Parliament, which consists of a Senate (Same as OTL. 2 Senators per Province, but elected by popular vote, not by the Provincial Governments as it was initially in the USA), and the House of Delegates (OTL House of Representatives). It's multi-party system with 2 main parties, but several third parties do manage to win seats in the House of Delegates.

The Judiciary is largely the same.

so basicaly: The USA with some french touch ?

EDIT: incidently, what flag do the 13 colonies use ? What of France (and is it a kingdom or a republic) ?

Last edited:
so basicaly: The USA with some french touch ?

EDIT: incidently, what flag do the 13 colonies use ? What of France (and is it a kingdom or a republic) ?

The Grand Union Flag

France flies the Royalist flag they had before the French Revolution. They won the War of Spanish Succession and united with Spain about 150 years ago (this is the 1850s). They're still a Kingdom.

The Grand Union Flag

France flies the Royalist flag they had before the French Revolution. They won the War of Spanish Succession and united with Spain about 150 years ago (this is the 1850s). They're still a Kingdom.

What about something like this ? (stars are meant to represent the number of sub-national entities, the number is just for show).

Below is a possible national emblem for it.

french-canada-republic.png

what program are you using. I'm criticizing your work, just know that.

That's fine. I just threw it together in like 2 minutes.

The diamonds are the same size; I just copy/pasted one over and over again and eye-balled it as far as putting them in a "straight" line. If anyone likes the idea they are free to put more time into perfecting it.

Here is some versions of another potential Native American tribe (was thinking Chippewa, could be whatever):

btSpf.png

SU81y.png

Flags of Southern Zhou

The National Flag
Jing Tian.png
The National Flag, commemorating the Well Field System of ancient Zhou.

Although the Southern Zhou does not practice such a system, the system's egalitarian essence and its symbolism of "the state safeguarding private interest for everyone while the people work to contribute to public well-being" was easily understood by citizens.

Jing Tian.png

Last edited:
Flags of Southern Zhou

Government Flag.jpg
The government flag.
Meaning same as the national flag, the Ding represents the legitimacy and stability of the government, and the fact that such a government is only possible with a egalitarian system.

Government Flag.jpg

I can just imagine enemy soldiers disrespectfully playing tic-tac-toe on this after capturing a Zhou fortress.

Yesh.... I used to think that the aircraft roundels of RAF, with a red dot in the middle, is in fact an imitation of the Bull's Eye on a target, so as to challenge the Luftwaffe pilots to shoot more accurately and hit the center of the roundel.

B0BW5D.jpg
images
bulls_eye_target_md_wm.jpg

Perhaps we should use the Government Flag more, the bronze vase featured in the middle will spoil the game...
attachment.php

And perhaps I should add that the white crosses on the flag is, in the mean time, two christian crosses, at least as interpreted by the Christian minority in this country. They are often used in church services.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.