Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jkarr
Interesting French Australia tho it seems it should be flipped L2R.
Maybe that's just my western bias but it seems lopsided.

problem i had with it was the fact the french standard wasnt a offical flag (simply the royal standard)..so couldnt figure the rules that apply to it..plus it was done fairly quick compared to the Royal state and Dominion flags...
but i see ya point now, but when i pick this timeline up again (just did this for th contest, and wasnt gonan use the french flag anwyays...will eventually gonna do more cos actually like what i did in the few hours i spent on it), and ill fix it then

problem i had with it was the fact the french standard wasnt a offical flag (simply the royal standard)..so couldnt figure the rules that apply to it..plus it was done fairly quick compared to the Royal state and Dominion flags...
but i see ya point now, but when i pick this timeline up again (just did this for th contest, and wasnt gonan use the french flag anwyays...will eventually gonna do more cos actually like what i did in the few hours i spent on it), and ill fix it then
No worries dude.

Nice flag but about your Confederation technically speaking it would have less power then what the UN has because in a Confederation the member states have the bulk of power more then a central government.

Wouldn't a confederation have more power than the U.N.? I mean, I understand a confederation's central authority isn't as strong as that of a federation, but its still stronger than that of an international organization. And I'm thinking that maybe I could make a more powerful C.S.P.V. ... I mean, it doesn't have to be de facto loose...

Wouldn't a confederation have more power than the U.N.? I mean, I understand a confederation's central authority isn't as strong as that of a federation, but its still stronger than that of an international organization. And I'm thinking that maybe I could make a more powerful C.S.P.V. ... I mean, it doesn't have to be de facto loose...

Well the main purpose of a Confederation used on a planetary scale is that the member-states laws trump the central government so if say the UNpassed a law each member-state can decide whether or not to follow them. The nation you are designing is more of a Federation then a Confederation by description.

Well the main purpose of a Confederation used on a planetary scale is that the member-states laws trump the central government so if say the UNpassed a law each member-state can decide whether or not to follow them. The nation you are designing is more of a Federation then a Confederation by description.

Yeah, you're right. I kinda wanted it to be like Switzerland in that its official name is "Confederation" but in reality it operates more like a federation... but then again, this whole idea is still very sloppy. There are a lot of things I need to think about. Thanks people.

Using Switzerland is a good example of a Confederation that works. Look at their constitution if you need ideas on how to make your nation work. all the best to ya

archaeogeek

Banned
Using Switzerland is a good example of a Confederation that works. Look at their constitution if you need ideas on how to make your nation work. all the best to ya

Switzerland hasn't been a confederation since 1803, exists mostly because nobody could agree on what to do with it in 1815, and yeah :p

Flag of Prussia nordic style

preusen.png

While that looks really cool, wouldn't people associate it with the Teutonic Order? Or is this some sort of Catholic TO successor state based in Prussia and borrowing heavily from its coat of arms?

Switzerland hasn't been a confederation since 1803, exists mostly because nobody could agree on what to do with it in 1815, and yeah :p

Pardon me I was comparing the difference between the federal/state governments in the US to Switzerland and its Cantons where there is still a good balance of power. I think that is what is was trying to say.:eek:

It was still a confederation up until 1847, and one was one of the few liberal/radical successes in the 1848 period, after which it became a dumping ground for the conservative reaction and a haven for radical movements.

Becoming a large finance/banking sector helped as well.

So, suggestions considered, I made this tentative flag for my interplanetary entity - which will probably become a federation - and I would like to ask the community for a bit of wise insight:D

ConfederationTemplate..png

So, suggestions considered, I made this tentative flag for my interplanetary entity - which will probably become a federation - and I would like to ask the community for a bit of wise insight:D

My insight: Get Inkscape! It's free, easy to use, and makes professional-quality flags and CoAs.

I really ought to save that suggestion so I don't have to type it up every time.

Oh really? I didn't know it was free! Thank you!!

You're welcome! It's free in both senses of the word, in fact. I myself didn't realize until Transparent Blue (I think) mentioned it - I believe I was confusing it with Adobe Illustrator (they both have the same function and start with I, kind of like how it's easy to mix up Illinois and Indiana).

Ok, so I downloaded Inkscape, and, after an hour or so trying to find out what the f**k was I doing, I managed to create the third - as of now - Flag of the Confederation (Federation?)

I hope this is better and not too sloppy. I think a cool-ass CoA in the center would be great, but that's too complicated for me now. Perhaps when I dominate Inkscape a little bit more...

anyway, regards:).

ConfederationIII.png

Status
Not open for further replies.