Explain the AH Quote

A quote credited to King George III, but mostly likely by one of his generals, to General George Washington as he lead his troops against the British, it is said that even though he was outnumbered and outgunned the general continued to fight until his last breath, answering the question with, "I fight for independence!" This would become the rallying cry of the rebels of the second and third Revolutionary wars until finally the thirteen colonies accepted defeat.

"You would kill your lord and sovereign? Why?"
"Because I love my son more than I fear you."
A quote from a famous novel depicting a romanticized event of the assasination of the emperor of japan by korean rebel.

While some part of the novel are heavily romanticized and even fictionalized many in south korea today upheld the book as one of their magnum opus regarding historical novel (it also manage to become best seller in many country even back in japan)

"We knew that lucky luciano planted some of his men onboard alsongside the occupation authorithy but we would never expect that his plan on expanding his mafia empire would cause a massive rift in the japanese underworld as evidanced by a large and strong presence of italian and italian american mobster in cities like tokyo and kobe working alongside local yakuza that is willing to cooperate while those who arent stuck to the countryside and to the north like hokkaido and sendai"

"We knew that lucky luciano planted some of his men onboard alsongside the occupation authorithy but we would never expect that his plan on expanding his mafia empire would cause a massive rift in the japanese underworld as evidanced by a large and strong presence of italian and italian american mobster in cities like tokyo and kobe working alongside local yakuza that is willing to cooperate while those who arent stuck to the countryside and to the north like hokkaido and sendai"

A quote from a chapter of J. Edgar Hoover's memories about the spread of Italian mafia in post-war Japan. Their success was such that, by the early 60s, traditional yakuza was basically extinct. This was tolerated since the mafia was, and still is, strongly anti-communist.

"Osowiec was just the beginning of the nightmare that is Europe today."

qazse

Gone Fishin'
"Osowiec was just the beginning of the nightmare that is Europe today."
Richard Osowiec (1921 - 1958) was the main architect of the Polish State's lightning conquest of mainland Europe, which would usher in a climate of fear, oppression and persecution for all of Europe's non-Slavs.

"By 1976, it had become clear the Shandong War had ground down into a stalemate, with neither the Gemans nor the Chinese revolutionaries able to successfully dislodge the other side from the province."

Last edited:
Richard Osowiec (1921 - 1958) was the main architect of the Polish State's lightning conquest of mainland Europe, which would usher in a climate of fear, oppression and persecution for all of Europe's non-Slavs.

"By 1976, it had become clear the Shandong War had ground down into a stalemate, with neither the Gemans nor the Chinese revolutionaries able to successfully dislodge the other side from the province."
By 1976 the war in shandong between the north german republic and communist china has become a stalemate as neither the north german (eho entered an economic reccession due to the war) and red china (who are starting to devolve again due to not being able to safely secure all of its lands) cant lodge each other out but after 2 more years the conflict wa settled when north germany returned the area to china (with diplomatic help from the US and sweden) in exchange of port rights for the next 99 years but this would only spark another war as not long after the peace was signed red china devolves into another civil war which would lead to 3 german freighter being sunk in the harbor which lead to an international coalition invading china to aid the fledling republican resistance and to secure the valaueable ports in the area.

"Well from my years as judge in this court i would never expect to see pepsi getting sued by the phillipines over some dumb advertisment they did over there that apparently led to the death of a lot peoples there"

"Well from my years as judge in this court i would never expect to see pepsi getting sued by the phillipines over some dumb advertisment they did over there that apparently led to the death of a lot peoples there"
In 1977, Pepsi created a marketing campaign in the Philippines to help sell their products to a new market. This involved a fleet of trucks driving around the country, selling Pepsi products to curious buyers. However, on one fateful day, one truck in Manila sped off course in traffic, hitting a gas station and causing a massive explosion that killed 11 people (including the driver) and injured 33 more. This story was so ludicrous, even the judges couldn't believe it. Nonetheless it was a serious matter, and Pepsi had to pay a total of $3 billion to the Filipino community for damages.

"All of the States and over UK, even the Soviets are swinging away..."

"All of the States and over UK, even the Soviets are swinging away..."

A French journalist commenting the increasing international isolation of the German Empire, which was being abandoned by its traditional allies over its aggressive and blatantly racist policies in its African and Australian territories.

"We shall fight them on the Alps and the Tyrrhenian Sea! We shall fight them on the beaches of Sicily and the woods of Tuscany! We shall never surrender!"

"We shall fight them on the Alps and the Tyrrhenian Sea! We shall fight them on the beaches of Sicily and the woods of Tuscany! We shall never surrender!"
A quote from Umberto III (the Italian king) against the proclamation of war from France's Napoleon IV. Italy took various lands off France in WWI as Italy entered as an ally to Germany and as a result France and Britain lost WWI. After that Britain and France got nationalist and revanchist movements along with Russia, who planned to take back their rightful lands in a qausi WWII.

Those damn Armenians, Greeks and Israelis. Damn them all! Who knew after one century the Armenian nation would stretch from from Trebizond to Beirut from only Cilicia? Greece has taken everything from the Rhodope to the Taurus, and nowadays the Turks and Kurds fight over the scraps of Anatolia that are left to them. Us Arabs are no better, they have split us between Iraq and Egypt, between Syria and the Hejaz, and we Muslim peoples are powerless to stop them while Israel takes Jordan and the Sinai! The Soviets, the cowards, hide in the Caucasus and torture fellow Muslims for fun, while the Americans watch our suffering, laugh and continue supplying our enemies the weapons they use to kill us! Damn it all!

Last edited:
Those damn Armenians, Greeks and Israelis. Damn them all! Who knew after one century the Armenian nation would stretch from from Trebizond to Beirut from only Cilicia? Greece has taken everything from the Rhodope to the Taurus, and nowadays the Turks and Kurds fight over the scraps of Anatolia that are left to them. Us Arabs are no better, they have split us between Iraq and Egypt, between Syria and the Hejaz, and we Muslim peoples are powerless to stop them while Israel takes Jordan and the Sinai! The Soviets, the cowards, hide in the Caucasus and torture fellow Muslims for fun, while the Americans watch our suffering, laugh and continue supplying our enemies the weapons they use to kill us! Damn it all!
Part of a rambling, sometimes incoherent, 3-hour long speech given by Saddam Hussein in 1991. Several minutes after he finished, he was overthrown and handed over to Allied troops. This speech, along with his infamous outbursts during his trial in 1994, led to his conviction on crimes against humanity and subsequent life imprisonment.

"I'll die before I surrender, Tim."

Part of a rambling, sometimes incoherent, 3-hour long speech given by Saddam Hussein in 1991. Several minutes after he finished, he was overthrown and handed over to Allied troops. This speech, along with his infamous outbursts during his trial in 1994, led to his conviction on crimes against humanity and subsequent life imprisonment.

"I'll die before I surrender, Tim."
The last statement of General Trudeau to General Horton during the Siege of Quebec, the last battle of the Canadian Civil War.

"Why does Tintin have a gun pointing at me?"

The last statement of General Trudeau to General Horton during the Siege of Quebec, the last battle of the Canadian Civil War.

"Why does Tintin have a gun pointing at me?"
Line said by Captain Haddock in the comic “Tintin and the Lost World”. Released by Herge in 1953, the story concerns Tintin and company’s adventures in an isolated valley in the Antarctic as part of an expedition to find Calculus’ long-lost father. The valley turns out to house the last remains of a neolithic civilization as well as Ice Age megafauna. It turns out that Calculus’ father, Creighton Calculus, has been taken captive by Nazi remnants and made to help them get the advanced machinery of the long-dead civilization (heavily implied to be Atlantis) back up and running so they can create a Fourth Reich. Captain Haddock says the line after the real Tintin is knocked out and replaced by Bruno, a lookalike working for the Nazis.

”It seems your reputation has preceeded you!”
”What reputation? My reputation as a poor shot and terrible conversationalist?”

”It seems your reputation has preceeded you!”
”What reputation? My reputation as a poor shot and terrible conversationalist?”
A conversation between a Traveller who writes down the interesting stories he encounters and the Czar of Poland, Lithuania and Prussia. The Czar knowing of the Traveller brought him to meet him.

The Verenigde Staaten Von Afrika is an abomination upon the African continent! That state's existence must be destroyed, and the day where this happens is near! The Anglish and Scandinavians, our former oppressers, are striking at the patron of the Verenigde Staaten, the Holy Roman empire, and have blocked their ports from the Baltic to the Atlantic, while their ally marches into Pomerania! This is the time where we act and take back our lands from the Dustchlanders, Khoisans and Pgymies once and for all!

The Verenigde Staaten Von Afrika is an abomination upon the African continent! That state's existence must be destroyed, and the day where this happens is near! The Anglish and Scandinavians, our former oppressers, are striking at the patron of the Verenigde Staaten, the Holy Roman empire, and have blocked their ports from the Baltic to the Atlantic, while their ally marches into Pomerania! This is the time where we act and take back our lands from the Dustchlanders, Khoisans and Pgymies once and for all!
The speech given by Mobutu, Supreme leader of the African Peoples before the Congolese assault on the VSVA that caused the First African war, circa 1969.

“In the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, everyone in east asia has a place! Even the white Australians, Russians and Americans have a place!”

“In the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, everyone in east asia has a place! Even the white Australians, Russians and Americans have a place!”
1960s Imperial Japanese television and radio propaganda slogan promoting the GEACPS. The "place" it refers to is slavery.

"Nigecha dame da. Nigecha dame da. Nigecha dame da."

"Nigecha dame da. Nigecha dame da. Nigecha dame da."
The famous quote from 'All Quiet on the Eastern Front' by a Nipponese soldier Eriku Abe in the American front of the bellum Orbis Terrarum. After multiple artillery strikes against the section Eriku was when he heard the whistling of the artillery shells once again he just wasn't in the right state of mind.

77 years ago, we, the Armenian nation, signed a treaty where the borders of the Middle East would change. We now stretch from the Taurus to the Caucasus, from Lebanon to lake Van, thanks to that treaty. It was signed so that no more Armenians will suffer under the yoke of any opresser. So that the Turks and Kurds will never again attempt genocide on any people group. So that we can have peace, liberty and democracy. We had fought multiple wars after that, against the Turks, Kurds and Arabs, to protect our nation and our values, and once again war is upon us. The Kurdish peoples Republic and the Islamic state have declared war, and it is our duty to protect the integrity of the Armenian nation, and to protect any Christians in our borders, against our Muslim invaders once again. Our allies, Greece, Israel, America, and the EU, have come to our aid, and we have already taken Sivas from the enemy. We will soon have impunity over the sky, and we will be able to crush the enemy within the month. So, I implore you, citizens of Armenia, to take up arms, and fight. Only by resistance would you and the Armenian nation be safe and victorious and be rid of the enemy who seeks to destroy us.

Last edited:
77 years ago, we, the Armenian nation, signed a treaty where the borders of the Middle East would change. We now stretch from the Taurus to the Caucasus, from Lebanon to lake Van, thanks to that treaty. It was signed so that no more Armenians will suffer under the yoke of any opresser. So that the Turks and Kurds will never again attempt genocide on any people group. So that we can have peace, liberty and democracy. We had fought multiple wars after that, against the Turks, Kurds and Arabs, and once again war is upon us. The Kurdish peoples Republic and the Islamic state have declared war, and it is our duty to protect the integrity of the Armenian nation, and to protect any Christians in our borders, against our Muslim invaders once again. Our allies, Greece, Israel, America, and the EU, have come to our aid, and we have already taken Sivas from the enemy. We will soon have impunity over the sky, and we will be able to crush the enemy within the month. So, I implore you, citizens of Armenia, to take up arms, and fight. Only by resistance would you and the Armenian nation be safe and victorious and be rid of the enemy who seeks to destroy us.
Speech of Andranik Markarian, President of Republic of Greater Armenia, during celebrations of anniversary of Treaty of Sévres

And I will now show you the location, which they planned to use as a base to attack Cuba. If there had not been a preventive strike on the positions – four positions – six hours before the operation – I will show you the map that I brought with me – they would have attacked the troops of Cuba and Soviet Union, which were conducting exercises. So, we did not unleash this war, our conscience is clear.

And I will now show you the location, which they planned to use as a base to attack Cuba. If there had not been a preventive strike on the positions – four positions – six hours before the operation – I will show you the map that I brought with me – they would have attacked the troops of Cuba and Soviet Union, which were conducting exercises. So, we did not unleash this war, our conscience is clear.

Soviet foreign minister Gromyko to a Swedish journalist, after the USSR's declaration of war on the US. The war lasted for about nine months, and luckily for everyone, no nuclear weapons were used. After the war, which ended with an American victory, a UN investigation team found out that the attack positions and the supposed operation used as a casus belli had been entirely made up by the Soviets. International condemnation followed, which forced the USSR to pay huge war reparations to the US.

"You call it a coincidence? I don't think so. For the entirety of the war, the blood of Saint Gennaro stayed solid. And when our troops finally achieved victory, it finally melted! This is nothing but divine proof of the righteousness of our cause!"

"You call it a coincidence? I don't think so. For the entirety of the war, the blood of Saint Gennaro stayed solid. And when our troops finally achieved victory, it finally melted! This is nothing but divine proof of the righteousness of our cause!"
The words of a powerful Neapolitan commander of the Kingdom of Naples over to the captured leadership of the island of Sicily or known as the Kingdom of The commande was referrring to the unique phenomenon regarding Saint Gennaro aka Januarius I of Benevento and the bottled of saved blood, which liquifies usually annually. However, as of late, it has been doing moreso erratically, which was viewed as an intense sign of concern and some taking it as a religious sign. Many believed that they needed to go and redeem themselves through a Crusade. However, the closest location was the Sultante of Tunis down below and after failures of getting Aragon to listen, the plan would be over to try and use the island as a laucnhing base. With religious fervor, the Kingdom of Naples would retake the island and to convince the nobles, showed them the sight of the blood and during a speech proclaiming the launch of a crusade to restore Christiandom down in Africa, the blood would melt.

Moved by the speech and this amazing miracle, the leaders would agree. Sicily would be reannexed over to the Kingdom of Naples before the preparation of the Crusade over down to the historical region of Ifriqiya. Now united by divine mandate, the Kingdom of Naples would succeed in multiple battles and prayed that God would further justify their crusade and indeed, by the early 1300s, some of the captured Muslim nobles would look on in awe at the miracle, converting to Christianity on the spot and beginning the "Reconquista" of northern Africa. Part of the conversion process would be in having Amazighs or Berbers as they were called at the time were spurred on to reject Islam brought in by the invading Arabs and reembrace their original faith, a process that would begin catching on over time though wouldn't be finished until the printing press would allow for the Bible to be translated in the Tifinagh script. This "Neapolitan Crusade" would continue on, only stopped by the Black Plague though this would along the Kingdom of Mezzogiorno to conslidate its gains in Ifriqiya, which would be ruled by the inhabitants albeit in a personal union with Mezzogiorno. They would help wage war against the Mamluk Sultanate, exploiting the weaknesses of the Bahri rule, but only find success by supporting the Coptic peoples there, resulting in the "Qibt Dynasty" of the Mamluks, or restoring Copt rule. The Qibt Dynasty of the Mamluks would spend their rule reconverting the people to Coptic Christianity and restoring the language while freeming the southern Christian nations like Makuria. Despite the... religious conflicts, Mezzogiorno was more than pleased with this and would make attempts at capturing the holy land, managing to create the Third Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Thing would remain primarily quiet regarding the blood miracle of Saint Gennaro, only coming into play one final time in major context; namely when a Protestant speaker came in and the blood would melt, leading to Mezzogiorno to break off from the Catholic Church (already in conflict for varying reasons) and embrace Protestantism, and creating the Mezzogiorno State Church. The legacy exists on over with the influence on Mezzogiorno with Libya (the successor state of Ifriqiya), Egypt and even Greece (as after the fall of Constantinople, the miracle newborn child of Constantine XI Dragases Palaiologo, the last Byzantine Emperor would end up being raised by the remnants of the court over in Crete, which had fallen into Mezzogiorno territory as part of a deal with Venice. As such, the Palaiologo legacy continued on thanks to Mezzogiorno on Byzantine Crete and centuries later, Justinian X would become the returned king of the newly free Kingdom of Hellas.

"History will look back in humorous fondness over on how the Western Roman Empire would survive thanks to pagan influence."

"History will look back in humorous fondness over on how the Western Roman Empire would survive thanks to pagan influence."

Due to Christian missionaries concentrating mainly at the eastern part of the Roman Empire, at north Africa and the urban settings, the western part of the Roman empire had mainly remained pagan. Though christians were an overwhelming majority in the cities, eastern Roman empire, Italy, north Africa, Egypt and other provinces became Christian. Later the Roman empire had divided into many states but Gaul and Hispania remaining united under the western Roman empire. Theyre the least Christian provinces of the Roman empire. Meanwhile Italia is under control of the pope, Eastern Roman empire which balkanized into statelets and the Germans being the Pope's vassals alongside directly controling Central and South Italy, though he also had strong influence over the statelets and vassals mainly at Sicily, North Italy, and Africa, Egypt, Syria and Sardinia. With the hostileness of the western Roman empire they would focus on east christianize Persia, Southern and Western India completely.

"You call this budget too much, how dare you veto my proposed budget and tell me that we cannot fund this budget, Madame Senate President Miriam Santiago. This 4 Trillion peso budget I'm asking, is needed to develop our country, build the infrastructure and to enact and fund initiatives that are lacking. Only because last year we wonky had 1.5 Trillion. What?!

You say like Mr President Noli De Castro, we can't fund that because it's too high and we can't collect that much revenue.

I already told you that these would be mainly financed by the Japanese, Chinese, and local investors, China had already pledged that they would fund whatever project we will do if we asked for funding as long as we pay them back. We already secured huge grants and especially very low interest soft loans from China.

You complained on the 4 Trillion peso plan to radically expand and improve the Metro system in Metro Manila to be completed by the mid late 2010s. You complained about my tax reforms as I did alot of tax cuts, you complained about my demanded education spending this year technically a huge radical increase, you complained about my huge subsidies and bailouts plan for Filipino owned business. You complained about my huge subsidies, bailouts and aid to the Telco companies even though our internet is the slowest here in the region. You complained about my pro mining and logging stance.

Come on, our economy rapidly at 8% booming not only growing and population is already growing rapidly now at 2010, we have to enact and start building and others these now rather than later.
"