Explain the AH Quote

“Time to show them what it means to have an itchy trigger finger and a loose set of morals!”
A line that's one part iconic, one part infamous, by the New York City Chief of Police in 1978, when the entire city was declared under martial law after the Mafia took over using the Mayor as a proxy. Because of this, the NYPD broke off from the Mayor and adopted a "take no prisoners" approach to handling crime where any wrongdoing could end in execution on the spot. It was deemed the only way to handle crime in this setting, which indeed had merit, as the mafia ran under even less rules. This was also known as "The Law & Order War", a period of hardship that lasted from 1978 to 1983, when order was finally restored.

"Woman, you want me, so give me a sign. And catch my breathing even closer behind..."

"Woman, you want me, so give me a sign. And catch my breathing even closer behind..."
The last words of 19 year-old Nicholas James Bates, uttered seconds before his public beheading for" crimes against the Commonwealth" on 4 May 1982. He was tortured for over six months beforehand, thus his utterance. His execution would be one of the last before the New Model Army's coup against Lord Protector Edward Cromwell III that summer. It was revealed in 1988 that his arrest was due to his attack on a group of Morality Police constables who were attempting to rape his girlfriend, who was also beheaded on that day. This injustice has become a sterling example of the Commonwealth's utter inhumanity and depravity. May Cromwell burn in Hell, and God Save The King!

"I can't live the buttoned down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles! Sure, I might offend a few of the blue-noses with my cocky stride and musky odor. Oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called 'City Fathers' who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about 'What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?'"

"I can't live the buttoned down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles! Sure, I might offend a few of the blue-noses with my cocky stride and musky odor. Oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called 'City Fathers' who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about 'What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?'"
Said by Homer Simpson to his friend and long time ally Ned Flanders before he went off to search for adventure with his new wife, Margaret. They took a ship, and were never seen again, however many reportings of sightings had been documented. His ship was found floating in the water 21 years later with everyone missing, many strange artifacts still unidentified to this day, and a strange smell of alcohol.

"And so we are all doomed to play our part in this tragedy. But if this must be the case, let us play our part with honour, in the name of God."

"And so we are all doomed to play our part in this tragedy. But if this must be the case, let us play our part with honour, in the name of God."
The words the Italian prime minister said in his speech about Italy's entrance into the Bellum Orbis Terrarum. At that point the Holy Roman Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire and Aragon-Occitania had lost millions of soldiers in the fields of Catalonia and Denmark, the deserts of Afghanistan and Carthage, and the forests of the Congo against Portugal-Castile, Scandinavia and Angland, but after the Holy Roman Empire and Eastern Roman empire successfully blockaded the Mediterranean to prevent the Catholic Syrians from getting supplies by taking Malta and sending submarines to sink any ship (that's not theirs) heading to Syria. Italy declared war after that.

We won the Sekai Daisen due to every one of our soldiers being willing participants while our Anglish and Scandinavian enemy brought soldiers who just wanted to go home. Every Malayan, Dayak, Korean, Cantonese, Thai, Native Eriksonian (native American) and Vietnamese soldier who fought in our ranks fought to be rid of the Europeans who sought to use and abuse them, while every Congolese, Indian and Javan soldier that fought in it never wanted to be there. Our government must be cognizant of the reality that the other peoples under our rule has the self determination to go their own paths even if it meant the loss of prosperity. If we don't change, we will go the way of the Anglish and the Scandinavian: us being kicked out from these nations and our interests destroyed by our own greed.

Last edited:
The words the Italian prime minister said in his speech about Italy's entrance into the Bellum Orbis Terrarum. At that point the Holy Roman Empire, the Eastern Roman Empire and Aragon-Occitania had lost millions of soldiers in the fields of Catalonia and Denmark, the deserts of Afghanistan and Carthage, and the forests of the Congo against Portugal-Castile, Scandinavia and Angland, but after the Holy Roman Empire and Eastern Roman empire successfully blockaded the Mediterranean to prevent the Catholic Syrians from getting supplies by taking Malta and sending submarines to sink any ship (that's not theirs) heading to Syria. Italy declared war after that.

We won the Sekai Daisen due to every one of our soldiers being willing participants while our Anglish and Scandinavian enemy brought soldiers who just wanted to go home. Every Malayan, Dayak, Korean, Cantonese, Thai, Native Eriksonian (native American) and Vietnamese soldier who fought in our ranks fought to be rid of the Europeans who sought to use and abuse them, while every Congolese, Indian and Javan soldier that fought in it never wanted to be there. Our government must be cognizant of the reality that the other peoples under our rule has the self determination to go their own paths even if it meant the loss of prosperity. If we don't change, we will go the way of the Anglish and the Scandinavian: us being kicked out from these nations and our interests destroyed by our own greed.
A letter written by members of the reformist wing of the Imperial Rule Assistance Associsation in 1963. They were the only ones who realized that reform was nesceserry to preserve the GEACPS. 2 decades later, most of the peoples mentioned above broke away from Japanese influence, ironically aided by the Anglosh and the Scandinavians, who were their oppressers decades before.

Wànsuì! Manse! Banzai!

Wànsuì! Manse! Banzai!
A helpless banzai Charge in ww2, During the Battle of Tokyo. The Brigada Dela Independencia comprised mainly of Filipinos faced the charging Japanese forces numbering 20,000. The Japanese were mainly comprised of people armed with spears, sticks, stones, and whatever they can give to them as rifles and firearems and ammo are exceedingly rare and hard to produce. The charge of course turned into a slaughter as the Filipino firepower mowed down the charging Japanese soldiers, conscripts, recruts, militias, volunteers and policemen.

I will personally march to subdue those rebels. If those people wont know where the border is and cannot accept what our government tells them, I will show them where it is by pointing my guns to the United States Border and telling them at gunpoint that this is not the United States.

If they do not turn down and or surrender, I shall leave them with no quarter.

I will personally march to subdue those rebels. If those people wont know where the border is and cannot accept what our government tells them, I will show them where it is by pointing my guns to the United States Border and telling them at gunpoint that this is not the United States.

If they do not turn down and or surrender, I shall leave them with no quarter.
Field Marshal James Longstreet, Commander-in-Chief of the Army of the Dominion of Albion, in a meeting with Prime Minister Sir Jefferson Davis on April 5, 1861 regarding pro-American rebels operating in his home province of North Carolina. He had every right to be confident: He personally commanded over 100,000 men against the rebels, who only numbered 2,000; he had over 200 artillery pieces, the rebels had none; he was a 20 year veteran of the Royal Albion Army, the rebel commander was most certainly not. As dawn broke on April 12, 1861, Longstreet was confident that when the sun set on that day, his victory would be the greatest day in not only the history of Albion, but of the life and career of James Longstreet. In reality, it would be the beginning of the end of Albion. Four years to the day later, Longstreet would be dead, along with over a million other men and women on the North American continent, as well as his beloved nation. Because on that fateful day in 1861, due to reliance on outdated maps and sympathetic locals, Longstreet had unwittingly invaded the United States of America.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum."
From the 1989 film Apostate, about a cult member who after being captured and deprogrammed, wages a one-man war on it. The film's director, a brit, admitted he was inspired by the then-Labor government's approaches to cults in the UK.

"Don't be a bossy boots, kids. You might find yourself under one."

"Don't be a bossy boots, kids. You might find yourself under one."
Apocryphal quote attributed to the Consul Memmius Vitellus, in what OTL would call 1544. He said it, supposedly, to the Roman Emperor Gaius XI, nicknamed 'Caligula II' by some historians due to the insanity of his later reign being much like that of the earlier Caligula. Memmius, one of Gaius's closest advisors when he was young, also apparently made the connection between Gaius and Caligula, given this saying (if it is true). If Memmius did say it to a young Gaius, the older Gaius never took it to heart, proving to be a brutal tyrant who was only overthrown as a result of the Danish Invasions of OTL 1567-1572 destroying the unity of the Roman Empire, which had survived so much up until then.

"I'm sorry King David, I'm afraid I can't let you do that."

Apocryphal quote attributed to the Consul Memmius Vitellus, in what OTL would call 1544. He said it, supposedly, to the Roman Emperor Gaius XI, nicknamed 'Caligula II' by some historians due to the insanity of his later reign being much like that of the earlier Caligula. Memmius, one of Gaius's closest advisors when he was young, also apparently made the connection between Gaius and Caligula, given this saying (if it is true). If Memmius did say it to a young Gaius, the older Gaius never took it to heart, proving to be a brutal tyrant who was only overthrown as a result of the Danish Invasions of OTL 1567-1572 destroying the unity of the Roman Empire, which had survived so much up until then.

"I'm sorry King David, I'm afraid I can't let you do that."
Spoken by Telemachus Venizelos, conquering warlord and self-crowned King of the Hellenes, to King David II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The latter had just declared his intent to unseat Venizelos, whom he deemed an usurper, and reinstate the ousted monarch.

"Make sure no one leaves this place. Alive or dead. Disintegrate everything."

"We´ll take care of it, Captain."

Spoken by Telemachus Venizelos, conquering warlord and self-crowned King of the Hellenes, to King David II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The latter had just declared his intent to unseat Venizelos, whom he deemed an usurper, and reinstate the ousted monarch.

"Make sure no one leaves this place. Alive or dead. Disintegrate everything."

"We´ll take care of it, Captain."
Captain Fernando Cortez ordering his troops during the Burning of Madrid during the Second Spanish Civil War to destroy the entire city of Madrid for being the centerpiece of the rebellion against Fransisco Franco.

"I find it hard to believe he would come all this way just to kill me. Right?"

"I find it hard to believe he would come all this way just to kill me. Right?"
Abraham Lincoln to Ulysses Grant after a failed attempt on his life by a confederate sympathizer. Indeed Lincoln was correct in his assumption, as his Vice President, Andrew Johnson was shot and killed that night and Grant himself would survive at attempt on his life the next day. Many point this as the reason for Lincoln being very harsh towards the South during reconstruction.

"Now, I never saw myself as someone who would run for president but if no one else is going to stop this, I will. Richard Nixon is paranoid liar who may very well have sabotaged a chance at getting out of Vietnam just to make it a campaign issue. We need to keep that crook out of the White House! A vote me, is a vote to for honesty and integrity!" - Gerald R. Ford

Last edited:

qazse

Gone Fishin'
"Now, I never saw myself as someone who would run for president but if no one else is going to stop this, I will. Richard Nixon is paranoid liar who may very well have sabotaged a chance at getting out of Vietnam just to make it a campaign issue. We need to keep that crook out of the White House! A vote me, is a vote to for honesty and integrity!" - Gerald R. Ford
An excerpt from the beginning of Ford's speech announcing his campaign for the White House, under the Republican ticket. The race was close, but Ford ultimately edged out Nixon following the revelation of the latter's break-in attempt at the Watergate Hotel to sabotage Ford's campaign.

"Nicholas III, who ruled in 1926, had the shortest reign of all the Russian emperors. He only ruled for a whopping ten seconds at around 1:00 am on March 16. We're not even making that number up."

An excerpt from Russian History for Idiots - Chapter 6 - The Years of Lead

"Nicholas III, who ruled in 1926, had the shortest reign of all the Russian emperors. He only ruled for a whopping ten seconds at around 1:00 am on March 16. We're not even making that number up."
An excerpt from the documentary. Nicholas III was the nephew of Nicholas II, who was deposed in 1925. He was only 19 when he succeeded Russia's emperor, and after just two months of house arrest, he was expelled from the Russian republic along with his mother and sister into exile in Britain. He eventually died after half a century for the rest of his life, in a villa on the outskirts of Manchester.

"Dumbass! You young people must live on and continue to serve the emperor!"-Capt. Iver Eldnberg, last Norwegian captain of Battleship HINMS Norge, September 4, 1945

Last edited:
"Dumbass! You young people must live on and continue to serve the emperor!"-Capt. Iver Eldnberg, last Norwegian captain of Battleship HINMS Norge, September 4, 1945
An excerpt for the documentary, "The Day the Norge Breaks Apart". When a surviving Nazi submarine invaded Norway, its finest warship, the H.I.N.M.S. Norge intercepted it and was boarded by Nazis, they attacked the crew one by one. Captain Iver Eldenberg ordered the remaining officers to abandon ship, and was killed when a Nazi missile hits the Norge, breaking it in two and it sunk down the oceans.

"Damn Tholians! This is the 24th century! You shall never take me alive! The Federation must prevail!"

"Damn Tholians! This is the 24th century! You shall never take me alive! The Federation must prevail!"

Jonathan Frakes as captain William Riker, from "Star Trek-A tangled web", fourth and last of the movies featuring the TNG cast. The movie has the Federation locked in a seemingly unwinnable decade long war with the Tholian Assembly. They manage to prevail only thanks to the heroic sacrifice of most of the Enterprise crew, with Data as the only survivor. The movie was the most succesful of the Star Trek franchise, so much that it earned Data his own spinoff tv series.

"Retiring? Never! They will have to remove my corpse from Downing Street!"

"Retiring? Never! They will have to remove my corpse from Downing Street!"
The last words of Sir Oswald Mosley, uttered mere moments before the storming of Parliament by American and Loyalist Commonwealth troops on December 3, 1980. His body was found in the Prime Minister's office, a suicide. So marked the end of Fascist Britain.

"Diarrhea is like a storm raging inside you."

"Diarrhea is like a storm raging inside you."
Said to be the final words of Eva Braun, wife of Adolf Hitler. Though she was not suffering from diarrhea at the time. She was in fact comparing the Soviet soldiers storming Berlin to a particularly bad case of diarrhea. This would elicit the final laugh of Nazi leader, Adolf Hitler before his suicide.

"God's will be done, this is when I melt into you. Inhale, exhale, breathe me in; no way to describe it, I'm a riot."

"God's will be done, this is when I melt into you. Inhale, exhale, breathe me in; no way to describe it, I'm a riot."
The last known words of Charles Manson, spoken just minutes before the Manson Family compound was attacked by a government force of 5,000 police officers, California National Guardsmen and US Marines on August 19, 1969. The reason for such a massive government response was Manson himself admitted to launching an attack on President Robert F. Kennedy's motorcade ten days before. The president thankfully was not harmed, though the same could not be said for the 15 cultists, 8 LAPD officers and three Secret Service agents who lost their lives, in addition to the 70 people injured. Manson's body could only be identified through dental records, due to his position being hit by dozens of 2.75" rockets at around 11:00 AM on August 20.

"You see the corn? The corn is very important to the story!"

The last known words of Charles Manson, spoken just minutes before the Manson Family compound was attacked by a government force of 5,000 police officers, California National Guardsmen and US Marines on August 19, 1969. The reason for such a massive government response was Manson himself admitted to launching an attack on President Robert F. Kennedy's motorcade ten days before. The president thankfully was not harmed, though the same could not be said for the 15 cultists, 8 LAPD officers and three Secret Service agents who lost their lives, in addition to the 70 people injured. Manson's body could only be identified through dental records, due to his position being hit by dozens of 2.75" rockets at around 11:00 AM on August 20.

"You see the corn? The corn is very important to the story!"
Nikita Kruschev to the Minister of Agriculture in 1957. In an attempt to increase crop yields and secure food, Premier Nikita Kruschev would order the planting of millions of acres pf corn across Russia and Ukraine. While novel and experiencing limited success, ultimately the program was a failure due to the harsh Russian winters and lack of experience in growing corn.

”Dammit Bobby, how many times have I told you to not play with the fabric of reality?”