Which do you Prefer?

• Eugene McCarthy

• George McGovern

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am curious about my own personal AH ideas and one dilema that came to me is which "anti-war" candidate would be more preferable. So, I wanted to ask on here which sounds like a more interesting anti-war candidate

Eugene McCarty: The U.S. Senator with a massive following among the college youth an intelligentsia with a poetic sense and speaking against the war as his 1968 platform

George McGovern: The reluctant anti-war candidate whom made a name in primary reform and running against Humphrey as the surrogate Bobby Kennedy candidate

Eugene McCarthy did run in the 1972 Democratic Party primaries, he flamed out with his best showing in Illinois.
He received two votes at the Democratic National Convention.

Eugene McCarthy did run in the 1972 Democratic Party primaries, he flamed out with his best showing in Illinois.
He received two votes at the Democratic National Convention.
At their high points. McCarthy was 1968, McGovern was 1972.

What I am asking is which would sound better? McCarthy in '68 or McGovern in '72?

Basically, if both were a choice (be it McGovern wins in 1960 or whatnot), which would you prefer?

Last edited:
George McGovern is my pick, I think he would have been the better president and also was probably a better person imo.

Deleted member 187262

He may of had a chance(Macgovern) if Watergate had came out sooner.
Also,if Sargent Shriver was his first choice that would help.

Last edited by a moderator: