Status
Not open for further replies.
star_trek_vs_dr__who_by_summerset1.jpg

IDEA: Imagine the fates of the series of Star Trek and Doctor Who are switched. One will continuously run non-stop for 4 decades, to be revived again in a film 7 years later, and complete revival in the 21st century, serving as the backbone for a network. The other series will run for 3 seasons, inspire 13 films, and 4 sequel series. This will have a drastic effect on the fate of pop culture across the globe, and will serve to influence the political dialogue of 2 countries.

POD: March 3, 1960: Senator John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy visit the home of Lucille Ball and Design Arnaz in Hollywood, California prior to launch a fundraiser for Democratic Party candidate. A young former police officer named Gene Roddenberry is attending the party, hoping to make some connection with the studio heads at Paramount Studios.

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen! This is an another Bondoc/Awesome Sauce collaboration with Bondoc being the main captain and me being his assistant. As usual, this is an collaborative effort here so anyone who wants to join in and share your ideas, you can do so with our permission.

So, without further ado, let's go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, here's an POD:

September 6, 1961: Marshal Tito and Chinese Foreign Minister Zhou En-Lai announces the creation of the "Third Bloc" in Belgrade, uniting over 118 countries under the call for "the national independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of non-aligned countries" in their "struggle against imperialism, colonialism, neo-colonialism, racism, and all forms of foreign aggression, occupation, domination, interference or hegemony as well as against great power and bloc politics..."

May 8, 1977: "Planet of the Titans" 2-part finale for Season 11, directed by Philip Kaufman, makes its hit debut, the last before moving to the Paramount TV network, time-travel epic storyline featuring Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune as the Klingon Captain Po'Vill, the nemesis to Spock, is considered one of the high points of the series franchise.....

December 6, 1979: After many delays and cost overruns, Star Trek launches on the Paramount Television Network (PTN) with the episode "In Thy Image"; David Gatreaux is introduced as "Xon", Persis Khambatta is introduced as "Illia", and Stephen Collins is introduced as "William Decker", as Leonard Nimoy leaves the series,....

May 8, 1977: "Planet of the Titans" 2-part finale for Season 11, directed by Philip Kaufman, makes its hit debut, the last before moving to the Paramount TV network, time-travel epic storyline featuring Japanese actor Toshiro Mifune as the Klingon Captain Po'Vill, the nemesis to Spock, is considered one of the high points of the series franchise.....

December 6, 1979: After many delays and cost overruns, Star Trek launches on the Paramount Television Network (PTN) with the episode "In Thy Image"; David Gatreaux is introduced as "Xon", Persis Khambatta is introduced as "Illia", and Stephen Collins is introduced as "William Decker", as Leonard Nimoy leaves the series,....

Nice! Now let's do something I'm more familiar with:

March 10, 1979: In interest of expanding to other industries, Motorola acquired Atari for roughly $1,000,000 dollars ($2,660,715 in OTL 2019), and one of their first decisions to make the company more profitable is to sell Atari's computer division to an emergent computer firm Compaq in order to focus on arcades and consoles, the main money makers.

October 8, 1981: Toy company Hasbro released the Mindvision as a response to their rival Mattel getting into the market with the Intellivision, which also put them up against the Atari 2600, Magnavox/Phillips Odyssey 2, and later the ColecoVision. The console is like the CreatiVision with higher production values into the overall system. The console came packaged with a Romper Room game as well as other games such as Borderline (by SEGA), Mr. Potato Head, Snoopy, Scooby-Doo, and Mindvision Basketball, the only original title on the list.The sales are very mediocre at launch but as time goes on, the system became a smashing hit for Hasbro, only behind Atari in the console totem pole.

March 19th 1960: Ian Fleming and MCA complete a deal for the first James Bond movie. Thunderball, a screenplay co-written by Fleming, Kevin McClory, and Jack Whittingham, is announced to begin production in September.

August 20th 1960: A press conference is held by MCA, announcing the cast and the director of the upcoming film Thunderball:

Director: Nathan Juran

Actors:

James Bond: Laurence Harvey

Domino Vitali: Yvonne Monlaur

Emilio Largo: Christopher Lee

Fiona Kelly: Luciana Paluzzi

Felix Leiter: Andy Griffith

Count Lippe: Torin Thatcher

Thunderball has a tentative release date of May 26th, 1961.

March 19th 1960: Ian Fleming and MCA complete a deal for the first James Bond movie. Thunderball, a screenplay co-written by Fleming, Kevin McClory, and Jack Whittingham, is announced to begin production in September.

August 20th 1960: A press conference is held by MCA, announcing the cast and the director of the upcoming film Thunderball:

Director: Nathan Juran

Actors:

James Bond: Laurence Harvey

Domino Vitali: Yvonne Monlaur

Emilio Largo: Christopher Lee

Fiona Kelly: Luciana Paluzzi

Felix Leiter: Andy Griffith

Count Lippe: Torin Thatcher

Thunderball has a tentative release date of May 26th, 1961.

Cool! You're contributing with us!

Just ignore this one guys.

Now, here's an POD:

September 6, 1961: Marshal Tito and Chinese Foreign Minister Zhou En-Lai announces the creation of the "Third Bloc" in Belgrade, uniting over 118 countries under the call for "the national independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of non-aligned countries" in their "struggle against imperialism, colonialism, neo-colonialism, racism, and all forms of foreign aggression, occupation, domination, interference or hegemony as well as against great power and bloc politics..."

interesting that things are relatively convergent so far. and if you want to call it something else maybe "the party." i'll see what i can offer in a little bit. i have a few possible ideas.

although right off the top of my head it sounds like there is never going to be an opening of relations with china. even if nixon is president in the 70s. which judging from how things have gone sounds like the case.

although right off the top of my head it sounds like there is never going to be an opening of relations with china. even if nixon is president in the 70s. which judging from how things have gone sounds like the case.

Maybe things will improve with China and USA later down the road.

other random divergence... scranton or some favorite son like rhodes is the republican nominee in 1964. i mean i have mixed thoughts on goldwater. and i'm trying not to let my biases color this too much. but a lot about his candidacy always seemed like a longshot.

other random divergence... scranton or some favorite son like rhodes is the republican nominee in 1964. i mean i have mixed thoughts on goldwater. and i'm trying not to let my biases color this too much. but a lot about his candidacy always seemed like a longshot.

Good. What will he do?

well there's a bunch of possible scenarios there. maybe goldwater declines to run. he was kind of dragged into it by activists in otl. or maybe other forces mobilize against him better and kind of split the vote. i don't really think rockefeller would be the nominee at that point though. too much had changed.

well there's a bunch of possible scenarios there. maybe goldwater declines to run. he was kind of dragged into it by activists in otl. or maybe other forces mobilize against him better and kind of split the vote. i don't really think rockefeller would be the nominee at that point though. too much had changed.

Perhaps Goldwater decides he's not going to be POTUS and drops out of the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.