Enterprise vs V

What if the aliens from V arvived on Earth durring the time of the TV show Enterprise, say 6 months after the Xindi tried to blow up Earth. At this point anti-alien feeling was high. I can't see Starfleet allowing 29 ships to set up shop over our cities. Would the V's try to conquer Earth? Can Earth win, or would Earth need help from Vulcan and/or Andoria. I would love to see the final showdown between Captain Archer and the V leader Anna.

Well, Archer is a tool so that hurts Earth. OTOH we have no way of guessing the V's technology but it seems lower than Enterprise. Of course you can't really quantify Star Trek technology because it's whatever the plot requires it to be.
So basicly the V's show up. Captain Furrows pushes some of them out of an airlock (it's OK because he is so AWESOME). The V's leave and decide Earth sucks and attack 100 years later.

Well, Archer is a tool so that hurts Earth.

You really believe he would be capable of running a spaceship? It's obvious the dog was the one running things! :D

Honestly though... technobabble always seems to win on star trek, so either it's that or yet another ship-taken-over-by-aliens episode.

Why did they have to make that series! :(

What if the aliens from V arvived on Earth durring the time of the TV show Enterprise, say 6 months after the Xindi tried to blow up Earth.

Are we talking 6 months after the first attack, or six months after the Xindi weapon is finally destroyed and the sphere-makers are defeated? That will make a big difference in how much force Star Fleet is able to bring to bear (there will be several more upgraded NX class vessels in the latter scenario, for example). However, I don't think it would make much difference in the end.

Technologically, the Sirians (the aliens from V) are much less advanced than Earth in the 22nd Century. According to a tech manual I found here, basically the fastest ship they have (the Mothership) can travel at approximately twice the speed of light (approximately Warp 1.1). Starfleet vessels would literally run rings around them. They are powered by primitive fusion reactors. The mother ships also carry fighters and other support vessels, but these all operate in the sublight speed range.

Their weapons are also primitive...lasers of various kinds and power. One type of ship does carry a particle beam weapon similar to a Phase Cannon which is capable of destroying a small moon, but the ship itself is only capable of sublight speed. They also don't seem to have proper shields. All in all, the tech appears advanced enough to overwhelm early 21st century earth with ease, but not mid-to-late 22nd century earth.

I doubt they will even get into the Sol System, much less Earth orbit.

Last edited:

Dr.Hyde

Banned
Two words (well, one word and one compound word): Transporter + Photonic Torpedo

Thank you and goodnight.

Two words (well, one word and one compound word): Transporter + Photonic Torpedo

Thank you and goodnight.

Considering transporters are so unreliable that sneezing at them would cause one to malfunction and cause a subspace multerdimensional quantum fluctuation inducing anomaly...:p:rolleyes:

Considering transporters are so unreliable that sneezing at them would cause one to malfunction and cause a subspace multerdimensional quantum fluctuation inducing anomaly...:p:rolleyes:

Yes but remember any problem can be fixed by running it through the deflector dish.

Dr.Hyde

Banned
^
THIS
Motherf*cking RIGHT! The deflector dish is the swiss army knife of any Star Trek ship! It can be repurposed to do... well... anything the plot needs. Techno babble is the ultimate force in the Star Trek universe.

Speaking of a universe with a minimum of technobabble (Okay, there isn't a minimum- but the science is at least plausable and based on what we know) https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=2957522&posted=1#post2957522

I know, I'm plugging for myself. Still though, the sensors on Enterprise that are "toys, compared to Vulcan sensors" as T'Pol says, would still be capable of detecting the lizards beneath the hot Visitors' skin. As far as reptillian invaders go, I prefer The Race. At least The Race can be sent into a sex-frenzy with a household spice. At least The Race play baseball. At least The Race has inspector Garanpo... yeah, I went there. :D

Jasen777

Donor
I doubt they will even get into the Sol System, much less Earth orbit.

The V's do have advanced medical technology. They'll approach peacefully and seek to trade. Then Federation "security" comes into play. They can't stop any random guests from stealing shuttles off their flagship.

In a few years the V's will be running the Federation and no one will no it.

I think a better senerio would be V first contact a year or two after Vulcan first contact and just make Trek technology more realistic. :p

What if the aliens from V arvived on Earth durring the time of the TV show Enterprise, say 6 months after the Xindi tried to blow up Earth. At this point anti-alien feeling was high. I can't see Starfleet allowing 29 ships to set up shop over our cities. Would the V's try to conquer Earth? Can Earth win, or would Earth need help from Vulcan and/or Andoria. I would love to see the final showdown between Captain Archer and the V leader Anna.

Before Enterprise's demise, I believe that the writers had planned on depicting the Earth/Romulan war which would kind of be the same as having a hostile alien force directly threaten earth. Although the battles were not fought anywhere near earth, I doubt starfleet would ever let the V fleet anywhere NEAR earth after the Xindi and the quasi terran-nationalist state sentiment that still lingers in the mind of all Humans.

Anybody wins against (the old style) Vs, seeing as they totally stupid. Why steal water from heavily defended Earth, when you could pick up for free, in total safety, and from much shallower gravity wells - I'm talking comets, asteroids, and especially the Kuiper belt objects.

As for the new Vs, I'll tell you on 14/4/10.