Dominion of Southern America - Updated July 1, 2018

Abhakhazia

Banned
A very nice list and while some would obviously need commentary in the twentieth century I may work on some earlier especially if others request likewise.

A question though - do you just want your cameo soon or do you specifically want it in the twentieth century?

Well, speaking for myself, sooner than later.

Glen

My cameo
And some other stuff, more Australia, more China, more stuff like that.

More Australia and more China (which ones ;))?
Same question to you as Iserlon - are you hoping for a cameo soon or specifically in the twentieth century?

Literature and Art

Foods and other Culinary Arts

Toys and Games

Scientific development

Personal/Cultural changes (eg...body art, fashion, jewelry, hairstyles...)

A question though - do you just want your cameo soon or do you specifically want it in the twentieth century?

I just want to see it in an update sometime this year. Whenether it is in the 19th or 20th century doesn't matter that much.

Population. What groups have immigrated into what areas en mass. What languages are commonly spoken in certain areas. What religions are dominant in different areas.

It would be really cool to see an ethnicity map by county of the DSA and the USA. As part of this.

If the USA remains neutral in most wars, some languages - German comes to mind- might remain spoken in some very large enclaves in the mid-west. Which would be cool.

For the DSA it would be interesting to know where most blacks, east-indians, etc are locaded.

Also seieng as how the DSA has a large population of east-Indians "hindus", and native American Indians, has this TL developed a less confusing terminology. Or is it generally understood amongst the population what Indian is one talking about?

The state of technology in the world as of the early 20th century (both civilian and military).

Social conditions of people living in the USA and DSA, especially concerning civil rights.

Glen

Literature and Art

Foods and other Culinary Arts

Toys and Games

Scientific development

Personal/Cultural changes (eg...body art, fashion, jewelry, hairstyles...)
Great list and one or two I might not have thought of especially toys and games.

Glen

It would be really cool to see an ethnicity map by county of the DSA and the USA. As part of this.
Cool idea but a lot of work. I will consider it and maybe be able to get you a map by province as a placeholder.

If the USA remains neutral in most wars, some languages - German comes to mind- might remain spoken in some very large enclaves in the mid-west. Which would be cool.

Tht is more likely regardless. Heck there were Germanspeakers on both sides of the last few wars.

For the DSA it would be interesting to know where most blacks, east-indians, etc are locaded.

So maybe that provincial map....

Also seieng as how the DSA has a large population of east-Indians "hindus", and native American Indians, has this TL developed a less confusing terminology. Or is it generally understood amongst the population what Indian is one talking about?

Yeah that is a bit complicated. In the 19th century East Indians ae Hindoos regardless of religious affliation, the members of the five civilized tribes are mostly referred to by tribe (e.g. Choctaw) or as Civilized Indians, and other native Americans as Wild Indians. This will evolve in the 20th century.

iddt3

Donor
I have two questions for you my wonderful readers. The first is this - As we will soon start posting about the twentieth century, what typesof things would you like to read about the world of the DSA in the 1900s? I really would like to hear from each and every one of you!
I'm really curious as to where the *USA is going, without the south I would expcect it to resemble Europe more, with a viable Social Democratic party emerging in the 1880s or so, and how the DSA's relationship with the UK evolves, given that they will end up being more populous and wealthier then the UK, and the US is likely to end up being a bigger trading partner by shear virtue of proximity. How will the DSA's economy end up shaking out? Will it still be primarily extraction based?

Glen

The state of technology in the world as of the early 20th century (both civilian and military).

Social conditions of people living in the USA and DSA, especially concerning civil rights.

Good those are all certainly on the agenda.

Glen

I'm really curious as to where the *USA is going, without the south I would expcect it to resemble Europe more, with a viable Social Democratic party emerging in the 1880s or so, and how the DSA's relationship with the UK evolves, given that they will end up being more populous and wealthier then the UK, and the US is likely to end up being a bigger trading partner by shear virtue of proximity. How will the DSA's economy end up shaking out? Will it still be primarily extraction based?

Lots of good questions there. I think the first thing to remember is that Europe doesn't even fully look like Europe going into the early 20th century. Labor and more social policies will certainly be a hot topic in the post global war world certainly by the time we hit the early 20th century, though things are very early on in the 1880s. We will get into the numbers demographics economics and relationships between the dominion of southern America and the mother country. Certainly for the near future going into the early 20th century you can count on the economy of the dominion of southern America to be primarily extraction based.

Glen

Well, since the responses to my first question seem to be dwindling so on to my next. Namely, what things do you still want to see covered for the 19th century before we move on to the twentieth.