Describe Your own Tentative timelines, pre 1900

Our Classical Heritage.

-POD: No Roman Empire. No Christianism.

-Politically: We may see much more sovereign entities diversity: many tiny kingdoms, bigger countries will be Republics (Rome, Carthage...), the city-state model widely applied in the West, traditional empires in the East... and maybe private sovereign entities BEIC-like.

Along time, maybe we will see HRE-like things for most nations (Council of the German People, Roundtable of the Britannic Governorship, High Assembly of Hellas) which slowly federalize to nation-states republics (but ceremonially keeping kingdoms).

There would be some Barbarians plundering and invasions, but they won't make collapse the Mediterranean civilizations. Of course, all of this requires a less aggressive Rome against other Mediterranean countries, but still militaristic enough to defend itself against Barbarians.

I don't think that anything like Communism will be a thing ITTL, rather Agrarism. But there would be totalitarism, that's for sure (remember Plato's Republic).

-Culturally: Classical culture will still be the center of Western culture because of the lack of Judeo-Christian cultural interference in Europe. Rome, Greece and Egypt will culturally be like China: they will have a centuries-old Classical heritage to preserve.

Greek alphabet will be much more used, especially in the Middle East, because of Alexandria.

-Religiously: Philosophies as ways of life will be the standard all across Eurasia, just like it is in OTL East Asia and like it was in OTL Ancient Greece. New religions which pop up will be hanging around Middle East, but they won't be that powerful.

-Economically: Free trade will be the standard in a higher level than TTL. The Mediterranean Basin will be the center of the West in a heavier way than IOTL, until some Atlantic-based people or country discover America, of course.

Personal feelings:

-I can't imagine how this world would be like when gunpowder arrives and how would look like TTL Charlemagne (the leader who organizes European barbarian peoples).

-I am fascinated with the idea that TTL allows Ptolemaic Egypt to last much more time.

-I must confess that this is an attempt to get a Westeros-like Classical Mediterranean Basin.

Last edited:
In the Ruins of Freedom

POD- George Washington and his Army are destroyed in New York City

* American Revolution fails

* American Resistance Movement takes hold in the Appalachians led by the Swamp Fox Francis Marion

* America joins Commonwealth soon after Canada becomes free

*Canadian New England

Eagles rising (working title)

Pod: Hauteville Sicily survives
-Sicily becomes powerful medieval power
-TTL Friedrich II becomes warrior king instead of genius
-Sicily conquers parts of Tunesia and Greece
-During ATL reformation Luxembourg dynasty becomes strongest protestant power and eventually transform the empire in second empire type with them as emperor
-Russia remains split between Kiev, Moscow and Novgorod
-A gothic state in Crimea
-strong kahnate in the -stan area
-Navarre somehow gets aquitania and colonized parts of america
-burgundy expand more in the area of the classical kingdom of burgundy
-Habsburgs getting rulers of Switzerland
-Sicily declines after the middle ages and rises again in 19th century

Here's an earlier post. (help wanted)

Since this thread is now active again, I'd like to repost this description/request for assistance from June:

Yeah, I know, I've got several projects already, but I'm just one of those people who just can't stop imagining.....:eek::p

Anyway, here's the gist of it: the PoD is in 1818(exactly what, I have no clue, yet).....and results in a U.S. that's rather different than our own by the late 20th Century. Some basic pointers:

1. No Jackson Presidency.....which averts a lot of the tragedies of the 1830s. No Vice-President J.C. Calhoun makes things even better. The *Panic of 1837 does still happen, though, albeit less severe, and it happens later on.

2. Yes, there is a war with Mexico, and yes, they lose, although not by as much as IOTL. Mexico later becomes a notable nation of its own accord

3. The South breaks away.....and actually survives. For a while, anyway.

4. Canada goes the republican route, but later splits apart thanks to separatism.....and no, not of the Francophone kind, either.

5. Japan opens up around the same time as in OTL, and becomes a notable power.....but, thankfully, does NOT go down the Tojoist route.

6. Germany unifies in the 1860s, as opposed to 1871 IOTL.

7. Only one World War happened; but it was one that had been, sadly, deadlier than our own Great War. But the good news? No *Nazis in Germany....or *Mussolini in Italy for that matter. And no Stalin in Russia, either.....though the Russian Empire doesn't survive.

8. American politics ends up being somewhat different than ours. There's no major fear of Communism, for one.....

9. I also have quite a few interesting divergences planned for Western culture, particularly that of the Anglo-American countries.

10. Even the layouts of some U.S. states have been significantly altered.

Speaking of the latter, by the way, I am currently looking for someone to assist me in drawing up a map of the United States in said TL. Further information, including the base I used for said map, is here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=9294699#post9294699

(P.S., yes, I really do need the help, by the way. I'm not at all good at really drawing much other than lines; I certainly couldn't draw the Continental Divide or anything really complex like that.....so any and all assistance I can get is very much appreciated. :))

(Also, this is already covered in the URL I've linked but I already do have stuff on file for you to look at, which is hosted on my IMGur account).

Red Horse

Patria (working title)

The POD is Marcelo H. Del Pilar quitting La Solidaridad after José Rizal's arrest in 1892, giving up the campaign for reforms. Instead, he sets up a campaign for independence, gets connected with the Katipunan, and other ATL events which would lead to a slightly different Philippine Revolution and its aftermath.

An Immortal Asian in America (possible ASB elements)

In 1810, a guy is born in Peking, China to a lower middle class or merchant class family.

In 1824, He had earn his tuition by joining his merchant marine as 1st mate and travelled around the world and parts of South Asia.

Then he enrolled in the school that would be the modern University of Peking and majored in history(all sub-categories) and other liberal art subjects and finished with a doctorate degree or equivalent to be a scholar.

But his employment prospects were slim and war troubles got him recruited into the Imperial Army and became a sergeant.

By end of his army career, he taking temp. teaching jobs when they were available.

In 1829, he went on vacation in Mongolia near the Russian border and during that time, he had to take shelter in an ancient ruin dated back to the first major Mongolian Horde and found one of the legendary treasure caches of Genghis Khan and his family.

The treasure had change him in many ways that make gave him the means to create a new life for him.

That new life allow him to start his political activism against the Imperial government in 1830. He made embarrassing truthful statements about the Imperial family, especially about one minor noble who decided to arrest and execute him.

But before it ever happen, our scholar made his escape plan to the USA with help of his acquired treasure by build a business empire in that country. So he created a group of foreign agents that did his business transactions on his bidding in parts of Europe, North America, and South America.

In 1833, an imperial arrest order was issued and the law authorities went to our scholar's home and found it empty. Our scholar left secretly three weeks earlier with some mysterious help to cover his escape from prying eyes and made across the Russian border.

In 1834, he arrived in New York City, USA to begin his incredible journey to radically change the American political makeup and destroy Chinese Imperial Government.

Those poor occidentals never knew what hit them when he was finished in the next century.:p

A Different Throne for the Same Crown

Stuarts (Bonnie Prince Charlie) flees to America garners support and establishes his own kingdom there with a revolution. House Hanover becomes a nemesis of his line.

Not sure if this is necro-ing or not, but I've got one:

"Early English victory in Hundred Year's War":

* Edward III becomes King of France in his lifetime. Edward the Black Prince survives, marries Eleanor of Portugal instead of Joan of Kent, and becomes Edward IV of England and II of France. Eventually, Edward realises the union between the two kingdoms isn't fealisble in the long term, so leaves France to his eldest son and England to his second son or one of his brothers.

Again, I'm not sure if I'm necro-ing this thread.

"Show a little spine, Russia!":

* Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich (elder brother of OTL Alexander III) either does not catch meningitis or manages to get it treated before it kills him. He remains married to Dagmar of Denmark, succeeds his father as Tsar and continues his father's reforms.

"Aborted Russian Revolution":

* POD: George Alexandrovich, brother of OTL Nicholas II stays home instead of accompanying his brother on his trip to Japan. Consequently, Nicky is killed during the Ōtsu incident. When Alexander III dies of grief, George becomes Tsar but can do very little due to his tuberculosis. He dies and is succeeded by his brother, Michael. After marrying Alexandra Kossikovskaya, a lady-in-waiting of his sister Olga, his main nemesis is his uncle, Vladimir, and Vladimir's eldest son, Cyril.

Last edited:
Marquis de Lafayette's Grapeshot

Lafayette and Louis XVI almost make it through to a constitutional monarchy, but radical Jacobins assassinate the King. Lafayette, with stronger support, rallies the Republicans and Monarchists and the crazies are crushed. Nevertheless democracy in France doesn't win friends in Europe....

Venus is habitable.

Things Happen.

Well damn, I want to see that :).
(Stirling's version was fun, but not satisfying).

Ye Who Are Warriors of God

I´m still struggling with my Res Novae Romanae TL, but there`s another project at the back of my mind, which I had also already begun on althistory.wikia.com and which I´d like to work over and reformulate here:

Ye Who are Warriors of God - A Hussite Reformation Timeline

in which the Hussite factions (Utraquists, Taborites, Orebites...) stop their infights at some point around 1430-32, form a sort of Swiss-inspired Confederacy in Bohemia and Moravia, and successfully export the Hussite reformation into Lusatia, Silesia and Hungary, especially Transilvania, where its anti-establishment policies appeal to the oppressed Vlahii (Romanian) peasantry although they`re Orthodox, and contribute to a greater, more unified and more successful Budai Nagy Antal revolt in 1437.

More parts of Poland-Lithuania and German lands (especially bishoprics) might be places where Hussitism could be exported to, and maybe even the Kalmar Union, where there was a lot of unrest in the 1430s and 1440s in Denmark and Sweden. Linking up with the Waldensians in the Alps would also be in the picture. And of course more crusades by the emerging monarchist powers against the Hussites.

The Ottomans surely wouldn`t keep their fingers off and try playing one Christian faction against another.

Problem is, I´m not well-acquainted with the various dynasties of the 15th century, their interrelations, self-concepts etc. (and also, I´m afraid, not overly interested in reading up on them), which - beside the fact that I´ve got enough to do with Res Novae Romanae - is why I´ve put this plan on hold.

Anyone interested in such a Hussite Victory TL?

Seljuks of Constantinople (working title)-The Babai revolt does not happen, allowing the seljuks in Anatolia to stay strong. Early death of Genghis Khan (maybe).

Puppets no More-the abbasids overthrow the mamluks and take control. Haven't found a PoD yet.

Unnamed Italy Wank-Lambert of Italy survives and establishes his dynasty.

Unnamed TL-The Abbasid revolution is much longer, allowing an independent Coptic Egypt and Zoroastrian Persia. Haven't found a PoD.

I'd love to see a Hussite timeline, Salvador79.

If it I wasn't still enjoying my current timeline, I'd very much like to write one with a more (probably accidentally) successful Pyrrhus of Epirus, that has a bigger narrative component and tries to capture his personality.

I've no idea if that's been done before, it probably has (there's nothing new under the sun), but I'd have fun with it. Maybe one day.

I'd love to see a Hussite timeline, Salvador79.

If it I wasn't still enjoying my current timeline, I'd very much like to write one with a more (probably accidentally) successful Pyrrhus of Epirus, that has a bigger narrative component and tries to capture his personality.

I've no idea if that's been done before, it probably has (there's nothing new under the sun), but I'd have fun with it. Maybe one day.
That´s cool. A Pyrrhus timeline could be a great read, too, especially with your narrative abilities.
As for the Hussite timeline, I don`t think I could shoulder it alone, what with all the necessary knowledge about the Hundred Years War and the French civil war between Bourgoignons and Armagnacs, the War of the Roses, the endless German dynasties, the troubles in the emerging Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth...

Los Hijos del Pais:

The Philippines becomes gains its independence in the 1820s (the main PoD is the Novales revolt, but there are multiple butterflies before and after). This leads to, among other things, the rise of a somewhat stronger Asian nationalism, a weaker American hegemony, and a rivalry between Japan and the Philippines.

Now I'm not sure how plausible this is, so I've been trying to look for help and sources.

Jose Rizal, Katipunero

It all diverged in 1877 when Jose Rizal was in Europe, studying everything while working with an ample salary as a doctor at a hospital.

And with a change of a spoon, everything changed.

His mother, Teodora Alonzo, was arrested after she was accused by someone (her aunt?) of attempted murder through poisoning. Their land was taken by the government, only to be given to a landlord, and his family reduced to a lower status with his mother imprisoned.

This convinced the young doctor that a revolution is imminent, if not needed, back in the Philippines. Now, while pretending to be working with the advocacy of reforms, in his own opinion, he favored more for the independence of the Philippines as he only see the advocacy as futile especially with the news of Gov.-Gen. Azcarraga's hard-liner rule in the Philippines.

And now, with a new history abound at him, what, as a doctor, as an Ilustrado, will do?