DCS Revised: A Better Color Scheme

Which color should Hungary use in the DCSR?

• Dark teal (DCS)

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Light teal (current DCSR)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Brick red (NCS)

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
After a long break (I lost interest, plus schoolwork and studying), Canada is done.
1695119963052.png

Sorry for the long delay, I was busy with exams and lost interest. Now that exams are done I can resume this project; the eastern US will be coming very soon.

Bytor

Monthly Donor
Even in MS Paint it's easy, just open another tab and copy whatever section you're using, then paste it somewhere.
I do all my mapping in QGIS, so when I finish a country shape a dialog box pops up and I enter various attributes, like name, colour & border colour as HTML colour triplets, start date, end date, etc…and so on. Then I export to SVG and the colours & borders are already there, I basically just add styling.

Bytor

Monthly Donor
I wrote a Python script to scan the PNG images and extract the colours and text to CSV files as HTML codes, RGB and HSL triplets. Because of the tiny font size and non-antialiased nature, the OCR results are a bit wonky, but the colour recognition is fine.

I also made a Google Sheets spreadsheet with some attached Apps script code that, after importing one of the generated CSV files into it, can colourize the appropriate columns for each row that was filled. For those who just want to look, I am slowly adding individual tabs for each set of colours. If you duplicate the spreadsheet to your own Google Drive, it will duplicate the Apps script as well. They will not remain linked. You will need to authorize it to run

The spreadsheet, separate Apps script code, and the Python code can be found here.

What if there was a color for a state based on child/orphan labor? It could be combined with southern Colorado as there is a river there know as Huerfano (orphan in Spanish).

What if there was a color for a state based on child/orphan labor? It could be combined with southern Colorado as there is a river there know as Huerfano (orphan in Spanish).
Not notable enough for a color, and even if it did it'd go in the back sections with the ideology colors.