George Washington's successful defense of New York is one of his most widely discussed victories. The tactics he used are still discussed in military academies today. Not bad for a man with little formal military education. Of course, nowadays, the role espionage and military intelligence played in the Continental victory has become more prominent in discussions of the battle since Washington's capabilities as a spymaster have been rediscovered (for lack of a better word).

What if he hadn't been able to defend New York? How might it have changed things?

The British would use New York and Canada to choke New England. Any brilliant strategist would do that. So the British would crush the rebellion in the North.

the Elitist Rebellion as it's known here in the new world, was be crushed even faster. OTL, he was forced to spread really thinly to maintain New York's defense and attempt to engage British Forces. And that's with the treasonous money pool that was New York. Without that manpower and morale boost, i don't think he could hold out winter.

And if the rebellion is broken in a few months instead of three years or so, We'd see a later abolition of slavery from Britain, as so many american slaves rebelled (and its profits were being phased out by the Industrial Revolution) that King George III abolished the institution as a whole to spite the southern colonies. in the same vein i think that Civil Rights would be far delayed.

We'd see more influence in Asia from Britain (which otl is small outside India) because the American Colonies wouldn't need restructuring. So Spain might not grab Japan during La Restauracion. France might lose out on Yunnan and Indochina.

North America would potentially be divided as the southern Rebel colonies, especially south of New York, might somehow form their own country instead of marching on Quebec in 1779. The successful triad of American victories at Saratoga, Levis and Dartmouth literally wiped the British off the continent. We might only see 13 stars on the initial flag instead of 17, Bermuda would almost certainly stay British as would Newfoundland. Upper Canada, Lower Canada, and perhaps even Maine with New Hampshire would potentially answer to London as well.

North America would potentially be divided as the southern Rebel colonies, especially south of New York, might somehow form their own country instead of marching on Quebec in 1779. The successful triad of American victories at Saratoga, Levis and Dartmouth literally wiped the British off the continent. We might only see 13 stars on the initial flag instead of 17, Bermuda would almost certainly stay British as would Newfoundland. Upper Canada, Lower Canada, and perhaps even Maine with New Hampshire would potentially answer to London as well.
OOC: good idea, totally contradicts my contribution. So i don't really kno what to do here

OOC: good idea, totally contradicts my contribution. So i don't really kno(w) what to do here

'Broken' means different things across the pond after all, the war ended three years after Saratoga so there's that. Bob's your uncle and all that, y'all.

'Broken' means different things across the pond after all, the war ended three years after Saratoga so there's that. Bob's your uncle and all that, y'all.
OOC: true. either way...
Ic:

Yeah the rebels had a good thing. And then they went and threw it all away by attacking French Louisiana to get land for their soldiers (cause they had... just no money at all). France was then allied with Britain in the Second War of Spanish Succession after their empire went into an Enlightenment fueled revolution for a bit. So yeah that stint with independence ended pretty quickly.