DBWI: Star Trek: The Next Generation gets more than two seasons.

I know that TNG is considered the red-headed stepchild of the Star Trek franchise, but do you think that they could have turned around the series had it gotten another season or two?

I rewatched the episodes and there were some standout episodes (Conspiracy, Measure of a Man, Q Who?) that are easily top ten.

Honestly, I think a lot of the hatred for TNG is simply the Lazenby Effect.

Thoughts?

OOC: Which season is it beimg cancelled ITTL?
Also, while TNG is considered to have gotten better in season 3 and beyond, ratings wise it was always a smash hit, it was never in any danger of cancellation.

In play: Well TNG did lead us on the Picard series of films. Won’t happen if it does’t get cancelled . Can you imagine world without the one of the most successful movie series of all time?Imagine, Three Best picture winners, no Best of Both Worlds at the 63rd Academy Awards, no Chain of Command 3 years later and of course Way of the Warrior the box offices highest Grossing film till Avengers Endgame.
Thing is that they realised early on in the run that the audience wanted to see now Picards adventures, the ship and crew were just window dressing, so promoting the character to Admiral and getting him off made sense . Plus they always at least had a cameo from the Enterprise in all the films.

Last edited: