Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

59F3B29DE793B3789C2D025C26DC644227775676

Aaaaaand... That escalated quickly...

The Byzantines got royally screwd by a civil war... Cue one religious conversion at the hands of the ruling Basileus... And BOOM. One Balkanised Rome. :p

Interestingly - if Martin still writes his "Winds of Winter", and it turns out that Jon is still the bastard of Ned Stark, what will the fashion authors do?

I doubt it. R(haegar) + L(yanna) = J(on) was a popular fan theory since before the TV series began, and it makes too much sense considering the amount of foreshadowing about it in the books themselves. However, there will be characters that have been killed in the TV series that will almost certainly be alive in the books, like those Baratheons and Tyrells that weren't even mentioned on TV, like Edric Storm or Garlan and Willas Tyrell, Rickon Stark (he's hiding in Skagos in the books) and so on. And in the books, Dany might actually die, because of that prophecy about Azor Ahai reborn, while in the TV series she'll almost certainly survive and rule the Seven Kingdoms alongside Aegon/Jon.

After all, no one would buy the books if they ended up being identical to the last three seasons of the show. :p

Why does Arya hate you?

Different religion (Jon worships the Old Gods, Arya in the AFFC bookmark has converted to the Many-Faced God faith of the Faceless Men and has gone native to the point she's culturally Braavosi), kinslaying (I beheaded Aegon after declaring myself a Targaryen) and so on.

I didn't save after marrying Arya though, so Jon is still married to Val the wildling. Maybe I'll make a second save file where I'll wait until my coronation to marry, so that Jon will be able to marry Arya without engaging in console-fueled murder. But conquering the North before the Others invasion is so hard it could take a literal week to pull it off again, and I was able to conquer the Iron Throne just because Aegon dethroned Tommen and proceeded to earn the nickname "the Evil" for himself through sheer cruelty, leaving him with no allies at all.

So yeah, trying to replicate the exploits of Jon the Imperious for the sake of having kids with his cousin/sister and pull off the ultimate crack ship will be very hard.

Last edited:
I doubt it. R(haegar) + L(yanna) = J(on) was a popular fan theory since before the TV series began, and it makes too much sense considering the amount of foreshadowing about it in the books themselves. However, there will be characters that have been killed in the TV series that will almost certainly be alive in the books, like those Baratheons and Tyrells that weren't even mentioned on TV, like Edric Storm or Garlan and Willas Tyrell, Rickon Stark (he's hiding in Skagos in the books) and so on. And in the books, Dany might actually die, because of that prophecy about Azor Ahai reborn, while in the TV series she'll almost certainly survive and rule the Seven Kingdoms alongside Aegon/Jon.

After all, no one would buy the books if they ended up being identical to the last three seasons of the show. :p

Different religion (Jon worships the Old Gods, Arya in the AFFC bookmark has converted to the Many-Faced God faith of the Faceless Men and has gone native to the point she's culturally Braavosi), kinslaying (I beheaded Aegon after declaring myself a Targaryen) and so on.

I didn't save after marrying Arya though, so Jon is still married to Val the wildling. Maybe I'll make a second save file where I'll wait until my coronation to marry, so that Jon will be able to marry Arya without engaging in console-fueled murder. But conquering the North before the Others invasion is so hard it could take a literal week to pull it off again, and I was able to conquer the Iron Throne just because Aegon dethroned Tommen and proceeded to earn the nickname "the Evil" for himself through sheer cruelty, leaving him with no allies at all.

So yeah, trying to replicate the exploits of Jon the Imperious for the sake of having kids with his cousin/sister and pull off the ultimate crack ship will be very hard.
"When John tries to settle the conflict, several Watchtowers attack him, including Vic-Strohal and Bowen Marsh, who hit him with daggers with the words" Behind the Watch. "John bleeds and loses consciousness [44], possibly dies , his further fate remains unknown. " - Martin often killed prominent characters, and scoffed at the prophecies. In general, I was pissed when the creators of the series confirmed this theory - it became too jaded, and the Creator did not confirm it. Therefore, I hope that Martin will say - "And you went to hell with your theories. I'll make John commoner!" (the first that came into my head) However, everything can be.

I keep looking for new things to do.

Started in 769 as the Count of Wurttemburg. Eventually my liege, the Duke of Alemannia, declared independence from Charlemagne, at which point I pressed my claim on his duchy and overthrew him with the help of some mercenaries. He had enough land in place that I could form the custom Kingdom of Swabia.

I have no big goals for this one - just to build myself out into the territory of historical Swabia and Transjurania and hold it as a German kingdom.

That was the first time I ever used the console, just to see if I could actually make Arya/Jon a thing. :p
Ah, but you can still go normal murder. I remember in one game I wanted my grandson to inherit a duchy, so murdered some poor girl's entire family to make sure she'd inherit it. Even got a holy relative with no negative traits at all excommunicated to ensure his court wanted him dead.

I feel like it was their fault thought. It's hardly my fault they had agnostic-cognatic seniority succession.

Started a Mallister game in the Crowned Stag scenario.

The Late Lord Frey fabricated a claim on Seagard, then promptly died of natural causes. Since then, the weasels have seen many Lords, most of them fleeting. Stevron lasted a handful of years, as did Ryman. We then ended up with a succession of Ryman's kids, the last of whom (Denys) was incapable. Which was perfect timing for my seizure of The Twins. Lots of lovely money there. Because Lord Jason's stewardship is mediocre, I gave the Cape of Eagles away, to my niece Jolethe, and her husband Jon Snow...

The only wrinkle in my plan for ruling the northern riverlands is that Ser Cleos Frey, Lord of Castamere, has somehow usurped the High Lordship of the Crossing. This means all the lands of said Lordship, bar The Twins, are now in the Westerlands. How the Hell do I get hold of them now? Do I need to wait for a great war to break out? I can't claim them, because they're currently outside of my realm, as well as causing horrendous border gore.

Then there's the wider realm.

Utter chaos.

I'll grab some screenshots, but Lancel's daughter rules the West. Every single person before her in the succession was executed or slain in battle. The Tyrells and Martells are cast down, the Arryns (of the Eyrie) are extinct, and Ned died in Bob the Strong's dungeon. As did 'Renly the Eagle'. Aegon, when he returned, failed utterly, and is now the Steward of Castle Sheepshit on the Littlest Finger. Which is ruled by Monford Velaryon.

I finished my playthrough as Jon Snow in the AFFC bookmark:

King of the Seven Kingdoms: Jon Targaryen, known as "the Just"
Queen of the Seven Kingdoms: Arya Stark
Crown Prince of the Seven Kingdoms: Rhaegar Targaryen, married to his sister, Lyanna Targaryen. Aemon and Visenya are their other siblings.

Lord Paramount of the North: Morgan Stark, grandchild of Brandon Stark the Holy and Meera Reed.
Lord Paramount of the Riverlands: None. When Morya Tully, the daughter of Edmure and Roslin, matrilineally married Rickon Stark, a crisis erupted that resulted in a war; Rickon had to kill his own brother Brandon on the battlefield, but in the end the North annexed the Riverlands, restoring the borders of Robb Stark's kingdom. Jon could do nothing about it.
Lord Paramount of the Vale: Robert Arryn, known as "the Bold". Yes, it's that Robert Arryn. He married Sansa when I branded her husband Littlefinger a traitor to the Crown, arrested him and sent him to the Wall. Where he became Lord Commander soon afterwards, succeeding Tyrion Lannister - who was sent there by Tommen, became Lord Commander after Bowen Marsh, and then literally drank himself to death, but not before driving back the Others.
Lord Paramount of the Westerlands: Melwyn Lannister, known as "the Spider"; he's a Lannister of Lannisport, the main line is pretty much extinct - Tyrion and Jaime were sent to the Wall, and Cersei was boiled alive by Euron Crow's Eye.
Lord Paramount of the Reach: Hosman Tyrell, son of Willas.
Lady Paramount of the Stormlands: Melicent Baratheon, daughter of Shireen and Edric Storm. Strong, ruthless, arbitrary, a real piece of work.
Lady Paramount of Dorne: Arianne Martell.
Lord Paramount of the Iron Islands: Werlag Botley; the Greyjoys are extinct.

Family drama: Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and his sister Lyanna are married, but Lyanna is having an affair with her other brother, Aemon. :p
Fuck this shit: Some random Velaryon has tamed Drogon's own puppy, and has declared war on me. Oh well, time to quit this game. How do you even get dragon eggs and/or tame dragons?

Anyone play with CKII Plus on this thread? Or is it all GoT here? XD

Here's some screenshots of my Zunist Persia game as of 908 A.D. My current Shahanshah is immortal, disfigured and possessed... Kinda reminds me of the original Persian Immortals. :p

Also it turns out that the Carolingian Empire wasn't even being ruled by the Carolingians in the end. Plus the Magyars turned their eyes toward the East instead of the Carpathian Basin.

So that explains most of European Russia, Ruthenia and the Ukraine being ethnically Magyar... I honestly can't wait to face off the Chinese when Jade Dragon comes out! :D

A0AC183CB03A3022314EC8686E786A43DADB920E
C38E19E9179A2FEDC686B7BEB13B546A7E154A5A
132298D074C99B20AF4201D141F857DF4D75DD51