Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Ohh, this game has taken so much hours from me (mostly because my computer is crazy slow :eek: )

A couple of questions for you guys:

1: How do you make a Republic? Can you make a Islamic republic? I'm particulary interested in playing as, say the Republic of Valencia :D

2: With the Sunset Invansion pack, is the Aztec invasion activated by default? In which date should I expect them?

3: Any tips on making the game go a little faster?

4: Does anyone has united Andalusia with a 1066 start? I'm looking for tips.

5: How I can make a Republic expand beyond its home city?

I've decided to ease into the Indian Continent and explore the new features. Starting as the equivalent Duke of Gujarat aka Chadwa with ambitions to retain my identity in the face of my Rajput overlords. Maybe even form an independent Kingdom at somepoint.

Maybe later I'll see if the Mongols can conquer India or the Magyars.

VALENCIA: I do not think they are a default republic. So after purchasing the Republic expansion become the ruler of Valencia and give away the region as a republic. Log out and play as the republic.

1: How do you make a Republic? Can you make a Islamic republic? I'm particulary interested in playing as, say the Republic of Valencia :D
Give a duchy or higher to a burgher with his capital in a coastal province. You can make Islamic republics, though interestingly enough, the Islamic naming mechanics means that it will be named after the current ruling house.

2: With the Sunset Invansion pack, is the Aztec invasion activated by default? In which date should I expect them?
Yes. You should expect them from about the 1240s onwards.

3: Any tips on making the game go a little faster?
Play as a large nation, where you can afford to be fairly constantly at war or pulling off intrigue.

Zioneer

Banned
What exactly do you mean by transfer? Also, on Steam I assume you have the base CK2 game?

Yes. Though I fixed the Steam issue, now CK2 will get to the loading screen, and load about half or all of the game, but will crash after that.

The lack of Tibet is ugly on the map outside of terrain mode. I wish they added it.

Doomdark said in an interview on PC Gamer they planned to add Tibet in the future as a free patch.

Here on Pg 2

So, Free Tibet!!

PCG: Are we going to be interacting with any of the areas north of India? Tibet and the Eastern Steppe are all on the map now, but they don’t have provinces.

HF: No. We decided that, say, Tibetan culture is so different and interesting—and their version of Buddhism is different. We would need to have almost an expansion on its own. Almost. It might be that we add it for free in the future or something.

Krall

Banned
is it possible to swear fealty to the byzantine emperor as a catholic italian king?

I think if your kingdom is part of the de jure Byzantine Empire you can - so if you're King of Sicily then you can, though the moment that your provinces have been outside the Byzantine Empire for 100 years the de jure claim goes away and you can't swear fealty to them anymore.

Having lots of fun, decided not to wait for hotfix.

My Jain Empire is rapidly pushing out into Persia. All hail Jaingis Khan! ;)

Yay, Karen's back. This guy's the starting Vandad's Great Grandson. Now that Seljuk should show up at any moment now.

tXPZqDK.png

It does say might. But that would be excellent. Maybe they'll do like how they worked in the East Africa bits. Piggyback Tibet into the next expansion.

What's even more expected: Paradox Tech. Support forum flooded with people who can't play anymore.

And the SWMH people are in absolute meltdown over what to do- they're in favour of only adding part of India to get some performance benefits, but you've got people refusing to use the mod if it adds India, and some saying they'd prefer to lose India in favour of more performance.

Somewhere along the way Nestorianism became a proper religion. Was it a Rajas of India thing?

Makes sense. I noticed only because I was thinking that it'd make sense to now make it another Christianity like Miaphysitism, and if it wasn't done I'd mod it in. But it was done already. Pretty awesome. But I'm not sure if I just failed to notice it before.

Krall

Banned
Somewhere along the way Nestorianism became a proper religion. Was it a Rajas of India thing?

Makes sense. I noticed only because I was thinking that it'd make sense to now make it another Christianity like Miaphysitism, and if it wasn't done I'd mod it in. But it was done already. Pretty awesome. But I'm not sure if I just failed to notice it before.

I think that was part of Sons of Abraham, which added a lot of nice stuff to the Abrahamic religions, especially to heresies (I think that was the one that made it possible for Cathars to have total gender equality).