Continents?

This is Wikipedia's Tectonic Plates, the divisions I think are the most accurate:
I think this one is more accurate ;)

1280px-Tectonic_plates_boundaries_detailed-en.svg.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Tectonic_plates_boundaries_detailed-en.svg

SRBO

Banned
I use the "island distance rule", which continents (specifically, islands of continents) are defined via the land closest to them, and which that land is closest to etc. So Iceland is closer to Europe proper than to North America, but it's closest land is Greenland, and the closest land to Greenland is Ellesmere Island, etc etc until we get to the mainland. I also prefer to use watersheds as borders instead of political lines (on the Europe-Asia border often the border follows the borders of various political regions and not the Urals itself). This is why also don't have a real border between Africa and Asia, or a actual border between the Americas

NkJpDwd.png

When we were working on Cassini-World a few years ago, I decided on two 'super-continents' (Afro-Eurasia, or the Ekumene, and the Archipelago), four 'minor continents' (Australia, West America, East America, Antarctica), two and a half 'sub-continents' (Africa and Eurasia... sometimes 'Mesopotamia/Anatolia/Caucasus/Persia/Arabia'). Makes sense when the map is oriented like this.

lDXjN8x.jpg

If we go by plate boundaries then its four with three or four minor. The Caribean I'm not sure about. Formations such as Kerguelen seem to be more large volcanic formations rather than continental structure. Is granite found on Kerguelen? Going by political and cultural boundaries then the answer is different. Of course if we consider the plate boundaries of Eurasia and North America couldn't they be considered one mega continent.

The Americas are connected to Afroeurasia at the Bering strait.Also Australia is heading toward china. Besides Anatarctica every continent is basically at the begining stage of the next supercontinent.

So I say there's 3; Amero-Afro-Eurasia, Australia and Antarctica.

When I was in college I prompted a faculty argument in the history department with one question... Why isn't Russian History on the Asian history course list... As a result of that I usually consider the following to be the continents

North America
South America
Eurasia
Africa
Oceania
Antarctica

Sorry Europe but geologically you aren't a continent, only historically and culturally

I actually made a map about this subject a while ago. It was more generally about what regions I cognitively divide the world into, what countries I associate as being in the same region as another, etc. But, it's continents at its most coarse.
HowISee.png

Black - Antarctica
Red - North America
Blue - South America
Green - Africa
Purple - Eurasia
Yellow - Oceania (I debated whether giving the Malay Archipelago to Eurasia or not, but gave it to Oceania since I felt sorry for how small they were. Please excuse the laughable cartoony-looking map. Was the only one I found that was easy to color in on MS Paint, top kek.)

amitPBH.png

i made a thing that i half-believe, and it is also very small
Asia (Europe(Slavia, Persia, Arabia), Africa(African Rift), East Asia(Malaysia), Australia)
Americas (North America(Northeast Asia), South America)
Antarctica (Polar, East, West)

Continents B.png

Could you label the sub-regions?
I could but it wouldn't be very descriptive. It's based more on a gut "do I think about this country as being with this country or with this country" kind of deal than anything geopolitical. I guess it's like:

North America
-Greenland
-Core CADUSAMEX
-Central America
-Caribbean
South America
-North SA
-Guineas
-Andes
-Brazil+Uruguay
-Argentina
-Paraguay
Europe
-West
--Germanics-Scandinavia+Czechia+Ireland(should have put Austria here)
--South/Romance
-Central
--Baltics
--Yugoslavia
--"Intermarium"
--The Rest
-North
-East
--Belarus
--West Russia
Middle East
-"North Middle East" (Turkey, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan)
-The Core/Fertile Crescent
-Arabia
-East Middle East AKA Iran+Afghanistan+Pakistan
Africa
-North Africa
--Non-Sudan NA
--Sudan
-West Africa
--Green West Africa
--Sahara West Africa
--Nigeria
-Central Africa
--North Central Africa
--Central Central/Jungle Central Africa
--South Central Africa
-South Africa
-East Africa
--Horn of Africa
--Core Central Africa
--Mozambique+Malawi
-Ocean Africa
Asia
-Central Asia
-North Asia
--Siberia
--Mongolia
-China
-East East Asia
-Indian Subcontinent
-South East Asia
--North West South East Asia
--Indochina
-North Islandy Asia
-South Islandy Asia
--"Indonesia"
--Melanesia
Pacific (not subregion detailed on map)
-Anglo Pacific
-Close Big Island Polynesia (Fiji+New Caledonia+Vanuatu+Tonga+Samoa+etc)
-Far Small Island Polynesia (Rapa Nui+French Polynesia+Hawaii+etc)
"Continent"-less Islands
-North Atlantic
-South Atlantic
-Indian Ocean
The Antarctic
-Antarctica
-Those British Ones Near South America
-That Cluster Over There Near Nothing