Colonization of Australia with a Maori dominated Australia

I mean stuff like horse's or Ox to work farms I have never see pigs or dogs working in than manner

Their would need to be more sophisticated ships built and not boats to transport cows and horses to Polynesia and Australia

I remember reading Jarard diamond book Guns, Germs and Steel that had a section on Polynesian descendants

Pushed out of contemporary China partly due to Northern Chinese also their is the north and south Chinese divide in China

If they had the animals and better food production sooner or later the islands would be conquered by one tribal group

But they need wood and trade so they don't end up like East Island that's the island with the famous statues

Well that’s why they land in…Australia. What’s better, Northeastern Australia. Plenty of trees there to keep building their ocean going.

The ocean going boats of the Vikings for example brought over cattle and horses to Iceland. And the Bali and Banteng cattle was known to have been domesticated 3500 BC in SE Asia.

Though as mentioned that’s not going to happen until after they get set up on Australia

It would be bad luck for the Australian aboriginals, but the Maori might be slightly better to them then the whites were. But given how warlike they were probebly not by much.
I was about to say it’s not like they treated the natives of the Cook Islands very well, enslaving or cannibalizing them.

Edit: Chatham Islands, not Cook Islands. Sorry.

Last edited:
I was about to say it’s not like they treated the natives of the Cook Islands very well, enslaving or cannibalizing them.

Edit: Chatham Islands, not Cook Islands. Sorry.

To be fair, wasn’t the cause of that given to the more limited geography and resources of living on an island?

Enslavement probable but cannibalism on the continent less likely

To be fair, wasn’t the cause of that given to the more limited geography and resources of living on an island?

Enslavement probable but cannibalism on the continent less likely
Cannibalism in Polynesia was cultural and usually had something to do with absorbing the mana of a defeated enemy. So any sort of "Maori in Australia" scenario would have them retain some form of ritual cannibalism of defeated enemies.

Given that they mounted a more effective military resistance to European encroachment than the Australian aborigines, it appears that the Maori in New Zealand were able to obtain a "fairer" outcome in the end which is still evident now.
I myself am from Australia and i can say that the Maori going to Australia instead of New Zealand wouldn't change anything, the Aborigines would definitely fight back and the Maori might be unlucky enough to get the same treatment as the Aborigines from the British, so how would this affect Australia? it wouldn't.