Civilitatem Resurrectio ~ A Pangea Proxima Worldbuilding Project

Hey guys...
Clever program, ironically despite me being quite ready to drop this project a long time ago due to the workload involved you might have single handedly solved my biggest gripe with it by essentially creating the climate map for me. May well make a WorldA out of your base and finish the other base maps with it once I'm done with my holiday.

Feel free to send me the .map file, would be curious to take a look at what else this program can do.

Last edited:
I did too but all my research seems to indicate a hot house planet due to increased volcanism, and land heating so taiga or boreal forests are more appropriate. Something that's expressible in programming for the map generator though is the 50 degree Celsius seasonal temperature swings that occur at 60 degrees South and North.
I assume the planet would be warmer due to the continent being a pangea so that makes sense.

A second little teaser

hHiTmrT.png

Still lots to add but things are starting to fill out. Looks like civilization will mostly start to emerge and flourish in the yellow southern region there.
Is it now done?

PbNsJLz.png

Civilitatem Resurrectio
A Pangea Proxima Worldbuilding Project

For quite a while I've wanted to make a map for Pangea Proxima if just to see what it looks like in a WorldA format, and with this Lockdown situation I finally got around to it! From there I kinda just kept going, and so I thought i'd create a more dedicated thread for it. I plan on building a little bit of a 'beginning of civilization' style timeline out of it now, something else I've wanted to do since being inspired by both Tellarus and Jaredia which have incredible detail invested into them by their various designers that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading - so thanks to their creators for the inspiration. As such, welcome to the world of Pangea Proxima. I'm yet to come up with a name for the world in the eyes of the natives, in fact I may not even end up naming it until we're a ways through the timeline, an until then i'll just refer to it as Pangea Proxima or Earth. For those of you who do not know, Pangea Proxima is a hypothesised super-continent that may form on earth in around 250,000,000 years. Caused by the rising of Antartica towards Africa, the crashing of Africa into Europe and the alamgamation of the Americas into a sort of 'arc' like landmass centred around a massive central sea - it truly reshapes the world as we know it and marks the second time in history Earth has been known to be in a 'Pangea' like megacontinent.
---
In Civilitatem Resurrectio we will enter the world assuming that Humanity, for whatever reason, either ceased to exist in their known form or were subject to some form of near mass extinction event millions of years ago. I like to think that in this timeline society ended with an enormous nuclear exchange that annihilated most of the species if not from the initial exchange, then from the winter and climate change that followed. No society survived, no state made it. As such Humanity evolved to adapt to the new more irradiated earth that only the strongest and most unique of people could survive in. Over time the earth repaired and recovered, while Humanity sort of staggered on as the wildlife and environment on the earth recovered alongside them. Now, in the year 250,002,020, through natural evolutionary processes Humanity has in essence re-adapted back to it's Homo Sapien form (perhaps minus some oddities like an appendix and a tail bone). Might sound a tad far fetched, but hey it's the best timeline that works with the story for me, feel free to make your own hypothesis yourselves!

Base WorldA Map
fdMvtwg.png

Map Variations

Base Map with Rivers
oNDn2y6.png

Latitude & Longitude Map
77hzEe4.png

Assumed Tectonic Plates Map
d6IuguO.png

Height Map with Rivers
z3kiU7P.png

Currents Map with Rivers
SgUz8m6.png

Winds & Weather Zones Map
Z8eQbhB.png

Climate Map (tba)
tba

Climate Map with Rivers (tba)
tba

Racial Distribution Map (tba)
tba

Staple Crop Origins Map (tba)
tba

Precious Resources Map (tba)
tba
I think you should add in sections for Biome maps.

based off the classfication this guy uses in the 8:40 to 11:00 part of this video.

Hey guys, I found a fantastic resource for worldbuilding. This Azgaar Fantasy Generator does it all procedurally from heightmap>climate>biomes>populations>cultures>states>diplomacy>militaries all customizable and parametric. I painstakingly adapted the elevation data into the image converter and tweaked some climatic sliders to get a solid climate/biome map. I have the .map data file if anyone is interested in converting back to the WorldA format for consistency sake.

As anticipated, we have some big deserts, but surprisingly, temperate rainforests in the coastal south, enormous grasslands in the north. Definitely space for a large herds of migratory megafauna providing food for hunting cultures and truly terrifying apex predators.
Could you or someone else please convert it back to the old detailed image format but with the updated, realistic biomes thanks to Azgaar? I'm completely unaware of how any of these conversions work.

Last edited:
Random - but stumbled upon this project after a while the other week and, given my graphical skills have... uh... improved, decided to do a little effort to see if I could do the biomes now.

No plans to actually elaborate on this at all or use it for anything to be honest, but twas a bit of fun.

So, here you are...

image.png

image.png

image.png

Reading on this project inspired me to make my own attempt at a climate map. It's the first time I try to do something like this, but i think it came out pretty well.

Speaking purely realistically, I think there has been a recent research that described a much hotter, inhospitable version of Pangea Proxima, between the Sun shining hotter in the future and the Supercontinent itself creating bad environmental effects that would basically turn most of the land into deserts. It's not very interesting to make a world that's mostly uninhabitable though, so I just went and assumed that climate zones would work similar to how they're distributed on modern Earth.

FbihGU7.png

Last edited:
PbNsJLz.png

Civilitatem Resurrectio
A Pangea Proxima Worldbuilding Project

For quite a while I've wanted to make a map for Pangea Proxima if just to see what it looks like in a WorldA format, and with this Lockdown situation I finally got around to it! From there I kinda just kept going, and so I thought i'd create a more dedicated thread for it. I plan on building a little bit of a 'beginning of civilization' style timeline out of it now, something else I've wanted to do since being inspired by both Tellarus and Jaredia which have incredible detail invested into them by their various designers that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading - so thanks to their creators for the inspiration. As such, welcome to the world of Pangea Proxima. I'm yet to come up with a name for the world in the eyes of the natives, in fact I may not even end up naming it until we're a ways through the timeline, an until then i'll just refer to it as Pangea Proxima or Earth. For those of you who do not know, Pangea Proxima is a hypothesised super-continent that may form on earth in around 250,000,000 years. Caused by the rising of Antartica towards Africa, the crashing of Africa into Europe and the alamgamation of the Americas into a sort of 'arc' like landmass centred around a massive central sea - it truly reshapes the world as we know it and marks the second time in history Earth has been known to be in a 'Pangea' like megacontinent.
---
In Civilitatem Resurrectio we will enter the world assuming that Humanity, for whatever reason, either ceased to exist in their known form or were subject to some form of near mass extinction event millions of years ago. I like to think that in this timeline society ended with an enormous nuclear exchange that annihilated most of the species if not from the initial exchange, then from the winter and climate change that followed. No society survived, no state made it. As such Humanity evolved to adapt to the new more irradiated earth that only the strongest and most unique of people could survive in. Over time the earth repaired and recovered, while Humanity sort of staggered on as the wildlife and environment on the earth recovered alongside them. Now, in the year 250,002,020, through natural evolutionary processes Humanity has in essence re-adapted back to it's Homo Sapien form (perhaps minus some oddities like an appendix and a tail bone). Might sound a tad far fetched, but hey it's the best timeline that works with the story for me, feel free to make your own hypothesis yourselves!

Base WorldA Map
fdMvtwg.png

Map Variations

Base Map with Rivers
oNDn2y6.png

Latitude & Longitude Map
77hzEe4.png

Assumed Tectonic Plates Map
d6IuguO.png

Height Map with Rivers
z3kiU7P.png

Currents Map with Rivers
SgUz8m6.png

Winds & Weather Zones Map
Z8eQbhB.png

Climate Map (tba)
tba

Climate Map with Rivers (tba)
tba

Racial Distribution Map (tba)
tba

Staple Crop Origins Map (tba)
tba

Precious Resources Map (tba)
tba
Dear God. You just shoved Portugal into the Arctic Circle. You villainous knave!