Cihan-ı Tariqia, a Tellurus inspired worldbuilding project

1662007459400.png

Long story short, i am really impressed with the Tellurus project made by @Imperator Frank and many others. I want to start my project, Cihan-i Tariqia, except with a twist. This map will be used in a map game so all of the political history and the history in general will be written by players. We are hosting the map game in Discord. However i ran into some issues, namely, making the terrain and the climate map. Could the users of this forum help me with making this worldbuilding project? I am obviously going to credit anyone who helps. The current blank map was made by me and another friend.

My first thought was: As this world has land around both poles and the possibility for two circumpolar currents, it will most likely be colder than OTL Earth. Unless you put a significantly higher CO2 content into its atmosphere.

We might even end up with a rather Kakalea-type planet...

Here is my idea of what the climate on this world would look like, based on the topography from your attempt. The western continents are a little bit rough, so you might not want to consider this the "final version".

Tariqia.png

Tried to make a climate and a height map, but failed miserably...

View attachment 771058View attachment 771060
Is Cihan-ı Tariqia around Earth-sized, a little smaller (what I would recommend; I think it would make your landforms a bit more realistic), or larger?

I like the maps a lot! There will be a lot of interesting
One quibble - if this is a Robinson projection or similar (as I assume), then your polar continents aren't especially realistic. The northern one is worse; it narrows to a point at the pole. You need to have the entire northern edge of the map be either all land or all sea for it to make sense on a sphere. You also need you right and left map edges to match up, which you've done for the most part by choosing a 180º line which is mostly water. However, in your antarctic continent, the eastern edge doesn't line up with the western edge. This means that, if you try to wrap it onto a globe, there will be a discontinuity there.
Here is my idea of what the climate on this world would look like, based on the topography from your attempt. The western continents are a little bit rough, so you might not want to consider this the "final version".

View attachment 771238
I like it!

So, will there be humans on this planet? If so, where would they evolve? I think the most likely place might be the savannas of the central or western continent.

I'm excited to see more of this project.

Last edited:
Is Cihan-ı Tariqia around Earth-sized, a little smaller (what I would recommend; I think it would make your landforms a bit more realistic), or larger?

I like the maps a lot! There will be a lot of interesting
One quibble - if this is a Robinson projection or similar (as I assume), then your polar continents aren't especially realistic. The northern one is worse; it narrows to a point at the pole. You need to have the entire northern edge of the map be either all land or all sea for it to make sense on a sphere. You also need you right and left map edges to match up, which you've done for the most part by choosing a 180º line which is mostly water. However, in your antarctic continent, the eastern edge doesn't line up with the western edge. This means that, if you try to wrap it onto a globe, there will be a discontinuity there.

I like it!

So, will there be humans on this planet? If so, where would they evolve? I think the most likely place might be the savannas of the central or western continent.

I'm excited to see more of this project.
Thanks for the appreciation! It is earth sized, also thanks for the advice. Yes the race is humans. They started from the Central continent