Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

Act III (Continued)
Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60s and Beyond

Act III: Progress & Prosperity
(Con't)

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.” - Senator Robert F. Kennedy, in his acceptance speech at the 1980 Democratic National Convention in New York City.

"There are no easy answers, but there are simple ones. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.” - Former Vice President Ronald Reagan, in his acceptance speech at the 1980 Republican National Convention in Detroit.

106814675-256-k34150.jpg
1671484748070.png

“If what you have done yesterday still looks big to you, you haven't done much today.” - Mikhail Gorbachev, First Secretary Communist Party of the Soviet Union

"God has more important things to worry about than who I sleep with. - Cyndi Lauper, American Pop Superstar and LGBT+ Rights Advocate

x56q5bM4EQTx8o-nuuu_E32uFhshslgL7eQcRJbDS_B_lAVbIxUQoRW16rlTi1CGEu80pF6NUsyjf1dvdvLTJzcji5teHaitb3vEft_PtEwiWIdrUgOqNkGDowAaHxEKGAKxMN-KplX8808SR5C0EDcxfk6lLDsAu2M97WwNCzG39NJC-fUDOdeWgeFV9A
ZyY4HHPg4ZJVrDhKgfmuovprzXL56JdUjZTuJSo_ZirT65cqaFEkCq8YmdpCG0yGCQKLhN3uiOz0Os31WhPnc9jyMmUoL4MOofowfHjGJCPlj0W3-6I81bC8nX8mse4DOdXWp_C4cgjsXeZB6A5m6hMWYMwDgL740Y5PLh8z9AgxUv-hj40RqAxjgmMIJQ

"Someday we'll find it/ The rainbow connection/ The Lovers, the Dreamers, and me" - Kermit the Frog, "The Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie (1979)

"Back off man, I'm a scientist." - John Belushi as Dr. Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters (1984).

MkvQQctpOiGSAcORw7sWjorA1NmZYPpt1oXKr0F0zZphCc7ChitM4liY9xh3Ieh8VBaSSH_oGGBBDzDAf0rqEirxPAl5LwcRKjuwWYriuR6CsL0wIF_4kU_R8toU7fnj4eCZopwUVWN30jHrVIyMlFyz0uzIK8Mp6S4hpHRPIeBweg3veyisc_LmgYnSYw
1671486125076.png

Hello everyone!

Welcome to this continuation of Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60s and Beyond! As promised, this thread will serve as the TL's ongoing "home" as we move forward into 1979 and points thereafter. The next full update, Chapter 121, should go live before the end of the week. Feel free to continue commenting and discussing, asking questions, making suggestions, and so on.

If anyone is just tuning in, or needs to catch up on what happened in the 17 years or so since Ms. Marilyn Monroe survived her tragic near-miss with death, feel free to check out the original thread HERE.

As always, thank you all for your readership and interest. It does my heart tremendous good knowing that there are others out there who are interested in this little thought experiment of mine.

All the best,
President_Lincoln

Last edited:
If I might ask for something to be butterflied, could you prevent the deaths of Heather O'Rourke, Judith Barsi, and Samantha Smith. There are other child stars I'd like the deaths of to be butterflied as well, but these three just kind of stand out because of how tragic they were.

If I might ask for something to be butterflied, could you prevent the deaths of Heather O'Rourke, Judith Barsi, and Samantha Smith. There are other child stars I'd like the deaths of to be butterflied as well, but these three just kind of stand out because of how tragic they were.
Agreed, from what I've read about them.

Hello everyone!

Welcome to this continuation of Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60s and Beyond! As promised, this thread will serve as the TL's ongoing "home" as we move forward into 1979 and points thereafter. The next full update, Chapter 121, should go live before the end of the week. Feel free to continue commenting and discussing, asking questions, making suggestions, and so on.
A wonderful morning to you genius! I been reading this alternate timeline of yours since October after I watched and mentioned yours from Alternate History Hub on YouTube. Kid, you've surprised me! Now that President Kennedy survived his assassination attempt, completing his two terms in office, and avoiding Vietnam War but Cambodian War; what would be our alternate timeline of our country, The Philippines? You still haven't mentioned our country for a long time. What would be our culture, politics, and history? If you are going to ask me, the 1935 Constitution would still used to this day. We still gonna have the two-party system namely the Nacionalista Party and the Liberal Party to this day. All of our print and mass media will still be away from government control. And Quezon City is still our nation's capital during President Kennedy's time in office. Are you going to have a chapter for our country, The Philippines? If so, could you mention in this chapter that President Kennedy visited our country to improve the relations between the United States and the Philippines, and who would be our Alternate Philippine Presidents?

Last edited:
A wonderful morning to you genius! I been reading this alternate timeline of yours since October after I watched and mentioned yours from Alternate History Hub on YouTube. Kid, you've surprised me! Now that President Kennedy survived his assassination attempt, completing his two terms in office, and avoiding Vietnam War but Cambodian War; what would be our alternate timeline of our country, The Philippines? You still haven't mentioned our country for a long time. What would be our culture, politics, and history? If you are going to ask me, the 1935 Constitution would still used to this day. We still gonna have the two-party system namely the Nacionalista Party and the Liberal Party to this day. And Quezon City is still our nation's capital during President Kennedy's time in office. Are you going to have a chapter for our country, The Philippines? If so, could you mention in this chapter that President Kennedy visited our country to improve the relations between the United States and the Philippines, and who would be our Alternate Philippine Presidents?
Welcome to the site! I'm also curious about what's going on with the Philippines.

A wonderful morning to you genius! I been reading this alternate timeline of yours since October after I watched and mentioned yours from Alternate History Hub on YouTube. Kid, you've surprised me! Now that President Kennedy survived his assassination attempt, completing his two terms in office, and avoiding Vietnam War but Cambodian War; what would be our alternate timeline of our country, The Philippines? You still haven't mentioned our country for a long time. What would be our culture, politics, and history? If you are going to ask me, the 1935 Constitution would still used to this day. We still gonna have the two-party system namely the Nacionalista Party and the Liberal Party to this day. And Quezon City is still our nation's capital during President Kennedy's time in office. Are you going to have a chapter for our country, The Philippines? If so, could you mention in this chapter that President Kennedy visited our country to improve the relations between the United States and the Philippines, and who would be our Alternate Philippine Presidents?
Same here, I'm also curious regarding the situation of the Philippines now in IBSiCTL 1978.

Curious about that myself, as well as South Korea, the Vatican, West Germany, and some of the Eastern Block countries.