Biggest Wanks in AH

I think Wolfenstein is well beyond a wank. Nazi Germany somehow winning the War in otl and not immediately imploding from some sort of civil war or power-struggle is already borderline asb. The Nazis in the game by the 1960's have already achieved world domination and have begun colonization of the solar system with things such as military bases on the moon.

I actually think the trope of the full-blown Nazi civil war is a little overdone now. I suppose it's a nice antidote to Nazi-booism - but I think the main problem is that there are lots of violent political struggles that fall short of a full-blown civil war. Most violent political struggles. Heck, we can look at ACTUAL Nazi Germany for an example of this (the Night of Long Knives).

Nazi Germany will very easily have something like the Night of Long Knives on crack - but I think a full-blown civil war is a stretch.

I think the same logic also applies to the Soviet Union. I'm of the opinion that a Nazi victory would both moderate the Soviet Union by uniting basically everyone imaginable against the Nazis - so I'd actually envision a very popular and united Soviet state (supported by the Western Allies) because honestly any political disagreement can wait until the Nazis are expelled. Could honestly be one of the easiest ways in a TL to get democratic monarcho-communism lol.

xsampa

Banned
What about an explicitly religious-cultural “civilizationist” (think Samuel Huntington) fascist-imperialist US

Not explicitly an AH (though, by the "hot-button" issues mentioned, it seems like it may have had a PoD sometime in the 90s), but Victoria in the novel of the same name by William Lind. Takes over most of CONUS with wooden ships and iron men (neither this one nor that one), AK-47s and T-34s, pitted with 1 CSA, against a different CSA, with/against literal Nazis, definitely-not-racist-caricature Muslim hordes, newly-pagan Mexico? and a woman-run commune in California with cloning and drone fighters.

The entire white race in The Turner Diaries (an AH by aging at this point), who (if the editor of the story- an in-universe character- is to be believed) maintains a civilization at 60s-western levels of sophistication despite the global (white) population being reduced to 50 million across 5 continents (colonizing Puerto Rico is a big deal- not Argentina, not even Cuba, but Puerto Rico- nice place, but not impressively huge), the liberal use of WMDs in major cities (especially in Asia), and a general apocalypse that would have seen billions dead even when the book was written. On a smaller scale, about 5000 (white nationalist) insurgents manage to control the entirety of California, including removing the National Guard and taking over an Air Force base with ICBMs.

TNO is a bad joke that runs on bad takes and cringey memes. It ironically becomes a straightforward Nazi wank, despite its protestations.
found the guy who only looked at the map and some memes about the mod. fascism literally cannot work in TNO, every fascist state in the mod either collapses or stops being fascist at some point. some fucking "straightforward Nazi wank" where Nazi ideology is depicted as a self-contradictory mess that if taken to its logical conclusion will literally end the world

except speer i believe, and liberal scorza
speer only really works due to the fact that there must be rational leadership in charge in order for fascism to (somewhat) work. eventually even Speer's system will begin to suffer from corruption, and the Thousand Year Reich will fall. unfortunately, it seems that a thousand years really will pass for the legacy of Speer to fade away.

I've found that you can develop a niche following, my Cambodian trilogy for instance, but that's about it as people understandably want to read about major countries.

I enjoyed a Nepal based ATL recently, but I've always loved Nepal and would love to visit it. Just need a target audience, same with sport my first ATL was a Rugby Union one it found its niche.

In that category, I'll have to submit Archytas' thread as the biggest wank. One of the few wanks so big that it was immediately recognized as deliberate trolling.
O dear god I just sort of "skimmed" this one... even so, it was quite painful... just not enough alcohol in the house to give it a thorough read... probably not enough up at the c-store either :winkytongue:

GURPS Alternate Earths has a Nazi victory, complete with Unmentionable Sea Mammal and a USA that's a Nazi puppet.
One of my current timeline/stories has a serious potential to become a space wank, and might become a USA wank--or not. (The whole idea of Reach for the Skies is that the USA becomes space mad--in 1876.)

I should like to see a Tibetwank.

That is all.

I can give you something similar... with a Cambodia wank (well it's Cambodian does better than OTL so that's not hard) or a story about an ethnic Tibetan Buddhist minority that carves out their own Kingdom in the Himalayas in the modern day (based on Ladakh in India). It features tales of daring do as they bravely fight to maintain their independence between the superpowers and the Taliban.

Hey, did you guys know that the CSA could have actually been unstoppable? What? No, it's not my white supremacy showing, they really could have taken over all of North America!

Off topic a bit but in another thread I suggested that the real life wank of the English monarchy from Alfred the Great controlling a fort in a marsh at Athelney to the British Empire circa 1914 is the greatest story wank of all.

Hey, did you guys know that the CSA could have actually been unstoppable? What? No, it's not my white supremacy showing, they really could have taken over all of North America!
A "nation" of 5-1/2 million free citizens, not all of whom were fanatically loyal to "the cause", taking over an area the size of North America, without leathery-winged extraterrestrial intervention, would indeed qualify as a "wank" :p