As Dreamers Do Part Deux

We'll soon get to the spring 2000 movies, which are Destination Films' (OTL Screen Gems made the film) Black and White, MGM's (OTL Warner Bros. made the film) Ready to Rumble, Carolco's (OTL Paramount Pictures made the film Rules of Engagement, Hollywood Pictures (OTL MGM made the film) Return to Me, Lionsgate's American Psycho, New Line Cinema (OTL Columbia Pictures made the film) 28 Days, Paramount Pictures' (OTL New Line Cinema made the film) Frequency, Universal Pictures' U-571, Touchstone Pictures' (OTL Universal made the film) The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas and Touchstone Pictures' (OTL 20th Century Fox made the film) Where the Heart Is.

OEsyBPgp_3PM4UpPs6Nx_C3SHkOPcEAkR_jAZouSStqjmGf4urCYFPuXBAWOKSb2GJe28Nbv4FOHSG4fobKF00pJKSuP3odxATKOOIwxQ90r7Tnkbw=w720-h405-rw

Black and White
Released by Destination Films

maxresdefault.jpg

Ready to Rumble
Released by United Artists

Rules_of_Engagement.jpg

Rules of Engagement
Released by Carolco

Return-to-Me-4-edit.jpg

Return to Me
Released by Hollywood Pictures

MV5BMjE2NzIwMjU4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI0NzU5MTE@._V1_.jpg

American Psycho
Released by Lionsgate

28-days-2000.jpg

28 Days
Released by New Line Cinema

MV5BZDVjZWRjZjMtZTU5MC00ZDhhLWE3YzMtYmU4OTdkY2E1Yzk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_.jpg

Frequency
Released by Paramount Pictures

u571.jpg

U-571
Released by Universal Pictures

maxresdefault.jpg

The Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas
Released by Touchstone Pictures

Where%2BThe%2BHeart%2BIs%2B1.jpg

Where the Heart Is
Released by Touchstone Pictures​

The Ren and Stimpy Movie (2000 Film)
EWiqTqXWoAIUG3o

Bob Camp's Ren and Stimpy Movie
Released by Touchstone Pictures on April 7, 2000

Produced by
Nickelodeon Animation

Based Upon Characters Created by
Bob Camp

Directed by
Vincent Waller
Chris Reccardi

Notes
- Originally slated for a Christmas 1999 release, the film was pushed back to avoid getting squished by Fantasia 2000, Stuart Little and X-Men.
- After a few years on hiatus, this film is considered the series finale.
- The movie is really a package feature with fake movie trailers inserted between each skit.​

Ted has buyout a lot of theme park and built that little mgm park in vegas., hower I hope he will build a pick flag ship that can compete with the disneyland land unsieral florida and the parmount pincel. Do you think the otl loction of hoopli hawia would be big enoguh for a turner flagship park or should build somewhere. I still like the idea of a park on the site of hoopli. If not built by turner should six kings Warner brothers Bally or a forgin company build it

We'll good, but I like the Ren and Stimpy idea, but we'll get to Entertainment News of April 2000 soon!

Suggestion:
RKO announces intent to acquire upstart major film distributor Lionsgate, and gave them access to the company's upcoming slate.
-The Hollywood Reporter

We'll good, but I like the Ren and Stimpy idea, but we'll get to Entertainment News of April 2000 soon!

Suggestion:
RKO announces intent to acquire upstart major film distributor Lionsgate, and gave them access to the company's upcoming slate.
-The Hollywood Reporter
It'll be tough because there will be a select few right wing lawmakers in Ottawa that'll try to stop NBC/RKO from gobbling up Lionsgate. So far, a far right Canadian parliament has succeeded twice in preventing CBS from buying Nelvana outright. So you'll need more Canadians to turn out to the polls for this year's federal elections to swing Parliament to be less antagonistic against Hollywood.

ABOVE: A sample of an OTL airing of Acme Hour.

Acme Hour

Just like IOTL, the Acme Hour was pretty much the Cartoon Network's hour-long random assortment of cartoons that usually runs on weekdays.

Programming
Pre-1948 Warner Bros. cartoons (From the Turner library) [1]
Felix the Cat (Licensed from Carolco)
1933-57 Fleischer-Terry and Famous Studios Popeye cartoons (From the Turner library) [2]
1945-63 and 1985-90 Fox Movietoons (Licensed from 20th Century-Fox)
1943-47 Fleischer-Terry Little Lulu shorts
1937-58 Classic MGM Cartoons (From the Turner library)
1960's and 70's Pink Panther shorts
Walter Lantz and Famous Studios Woody Woodpecker cartoons (Licensed from Universal Studios)

Notes
[1] As of 2000, the Cartoon Network will take over Nickelodeon's long-standing license for the 1948-69 Warner Bros. cartoons, in exchange for The Jim Henson Company regaining key Hanna-Barbera properties to fill the void over at Nick. Warners' decision not to make the Looney Tunes gang exclusive to Warner Freeform is mainly because the OTL vertical integration (IE stripping Nick and ABC to put everything on CN) dismantled the characters' dominance of children's television in the States.

[2] Most of the 1933-43 Fleischer-Terry Popeyes are colorized except for three "Color Feature" two-reel shorts. All Post-1943 Popeyes were produced by Fleischer-Terry and later Famous Studios in Technicolor.​

Last edited:
Entertainment News for April 2000
Entertainment News for April 2000

X-Men director and our very own Rachel Stone-Abbott throws out the first pitch ahead of the Orioles' home opener.
- The Baltimore Sun

New Line Cinema acquires worldwide distribution rights to CineGroupe's upcoming series What's with Andy?, based on Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton's Just Tricking book series.
- The Sydney Morning Herald

20th Century-Fox confirms they are digitally remastering every episode of Urusei Yatsura - widely considered a masterpiece in English-language anime dubbing - for DVD releases which will begin later this fall.
- Variety

Prime Minister Preston Manning already faces a daunting challenge in his re-election campaign, as many Canadian voters grow tired of his obstructionist demeanor towards America's largest entertainment firms.
- The Toronto Star

Disney makes key personnel moves for live action adaptation of 'Sandiego':
-> Amblin Entertainment expresses an interest in co-producing with Stone-Abbott's Charm City firm.
-> Linda Woolverton hired to co-write the Carmen Sandiego screenplay with Rachel Stone-Abbott.
- The Hollywood Reporter

We will get to the movies of May 2000 soon, which are 20th Century-Fox's (OTL DreamWorks and Universal made the movie) Gladiator, Paramount Pictures' (OTL Columbia Pictures made the movie) I Dreamed of Africa, Hollywood Pictures' (OTL Warner Bros., Morgan Creek and Franchise Pictures made the movie) Battlefield Earth, Golden Harvest's (OTL Miramax made the movie) Hamlet, Carolco's (OTL Columbia Pictures made the movie) Center Stage, Universal Pictures' Screwed, Hollywood Pictures' (OTL Disney made the movie) Dinosaur (produced by Dream Quest Images), Columbia Pictures' (OTL DreamWorks made the movie) Road Trip, New Line Cinema's (OTL DreamWorks made the movie) Small Time Crooks, RKO Radio Pictures' (OTL Paramount Pictures made the movie) Mission: Impossible 2 and Golden Harvest's (OTL Touchstone Pictures made the movie) Shanghai Moon.

Paramount-logo.jpg
microsoftlogotransparent-01.png

Regarding the sale of Paramount Communications to Microsoft, it is likely that Bill Gates will keep his distance while Sumner Redstone stays put to oversee the film and TV assets. In the meantime, Norman Lear and Rob Reiner will each stay put at Paramount Pictures. However, critics are beginning to question if Lear is starting to lose his Midas touch on the small screen.

@drporter357
If you want, I could have James Roberts play a younger Daniel Abbott in the biopic with Johnny Depp. I'd like more info about James's background.​
He was born in 1982 to Keith Roberts and his wife Jody in Southhampton on of 4th of June 1982 and he is good at acting also he has sister born in 1994 kown as Hilda Roberts who goes into Voice Acting.

Last edited:
While listening to this podcast, I gained a little bit of insight on the man that killed WCW, Jamie Kellner.
I never thought he was trying to bring the Screen Actors Guild to start representing wrestlers, but if he is part of Turner Broadcasting ittl do you think he could convince both Ted and Bischoff to allow this to happen?

If so, I can see certain talents (Bret, Scott Steiner, Eddie Guerrero, DDP, Booker T, Kanyon, Jericho) not only splitting off into acting but all full-time talent in WCW having health insurance. WCW could use that as an incentive to cherry pick talent from both the NWA and ECW due to their old school mentalities.

@TheMatthew25 @OldNavy1988 could this be implemented in 2000?
Wait, what? Never heard of this before...

Entertainment News for Mid April 2000
Entertainment News for Mid April 2000

Harvey Weinstein dominates the Republican primaries.
- The Washington Post

Tensions arise between TBS's head of cable programming Jamie Kellner and WCW president Eric Bischoff. At issue is Kellner's proposal to sign most of WCW's roster of wrestlers to the Screen Actors' Guild.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Former football player and New York state congressman Jack Kemp takes a comfortable lead in the Reform primaries.
- CNN

Scooby Doo comes to Nickelodeon in the fall of 2000.
- Animation Magazine

Vice President Gore, Former New Jersey Senator Bill Bradley and Massachusetts Senator John Kerry each tied in a close Democratic primary.
- MSNBC

The Sports Page
The Los Angeles Raiders officially become the Las Vegas Raiders as the last in a fleet of U-Hauls can be seen leaving the Raiders' former practice facility, bound for Nevada
- SportsCenter

Construction has been completed on the Raiders' new home, Bally's Glamor Dome, built across the Interstate 15 from the Vegas Strip.
- The Las Vegas Review-Journal

May 2000 Movies
May 2000 Movies
(Special thanks to @Duc4AlternateHistory)

Mission-Impossible-2-FB.jpg

Mission: Impossible 2
Released by RKO Radio Pictures

gladiator-movie-russell-crowe.jpg

Gladiator
Released by 20th Century-Fox (North America) and Village Roadshow Pictures (International)

Battlefield_Earth_Anniversary1.jpg

Battlefield Earth

i-dream-of-africa---blogroll-1604690398063_160w.jpg

I Dreamed of Africa
Released by Paramount Pictures

shanghai-noon-504e92e33695c.jpg

Shanghai Noon
Released by Golden Harvest

center-stage-2000-5.jpg

Center Stage
Released by Carolco

MV5BMTY2NTQxNTgyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjA4MjE3._V1_.jpg

Screwed
Released by Universal Pictures

MV5BZjMwMWE2YzUtNjA3Ny00OWYwLTg5OTEtYWE3OWQwOTEzMjUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE1ODU2Nzcx._V1_.jpg

Dinosaur

maxresdefault.jpg

Road Trip
Released by Columbia Pictures
(IOTL Ivan Reitman passed away last week as many of you know)

MV5BY2Q3M2M0NjEtYTI4Ny00ZjFmLWE5NDUtMGNiYmMyNTI4YzM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Small Time Crooks
Released by New Line Cinema​