As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Who would be your ideal director
Essentially? Don Bluth himself. I mean, it's been a long time since the quintessential Bluth has been sprung upon us, and Atari wants to regain their status as "popular with the kids". Plus, I don't think Dragon's Lair got a movie yet IOTL or ITTL, so about now would be the best time to take action on that.

Essentially? Don Bluth himself. I mean, it's been a long time since the quintessential Bluth has been sprung upon us, and Atari wants to regain their status as "popular with the kids". Plus, I don't think Dragon's Lair got a movie yet IOTL or ITTL, so about now would be the best time to take action on that.
Ok then who do you want to distribute it

X-Files: Fight the Future (1998 Film)
d51a9dfc-634a-471b-93d0-82940a569acf.jpg

X-Files: Fight the Future
Released by 20th Century-Fox on December 4, 1998

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL​

How about a Dragon's Lair movie?

The Dragon's Lair movie will likely be Don Bluth's last project before he steps down and Daniel Abbott takes over.

Concerning Lost in Space, what changes can be made to improve the 1998 film?
  1. Some better special effects in order to improve the film's dialogue.
  2. Dialogue was improved.
  3. Was to make the whole plot pretty neat by studio demand, to be more closer to the old TV show it was based on.
  4. Robot designs were promising and would have lots of changes to make it closer to the 1960s TV show.

I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the movie as-is; the only thing I'd change is actually giving it a sequel.
If I had to change anything it'd either be to keep the multiple time bubble thing, or just do ADR to fix the lines hinting at there originally being more than one.

1. Some better special effects in order to improve the film's dialogue.
  2. Dialogue was improved.
  3. Was to make the whole plot pretty neat by studio demand, to be more closer to the old TV show it was based on.
  4. Robot designs were promising and would have lots of changes to make it closer to the 1960s TV show.
IMHO they did a good job modernizing it, and the rebuilt Robot at the end did look a lot more like the original.
But that's just me.

I may be in the minority, but I actually liked the movie as-is; the only thing I'd change is actually giving it a sequel.
If I had to change anything it'd either be to keep the multiple time bubble thing, or just do ADR to fix the lines hinting at there originally being more than one.

IMHO they did a good job modernizing it, and the rebuilt Robot at the end did look a lot more like the original.
But that's just me.
Multiple time bubble? How did that work?

Any casting that could've went to different actors?

Multiple time bubble? How did that work?
Here's the deleted scenes; I knew there was a continuity error regarding it but it's been so long since I've watched them that I'd thought it was dialog, but it was Don and John taking off their jackets in the snow.
Any casting that could've went to different actors?
Honestly, I really liked the cast.
Matt LeBlanc gets typecast because of Joey from Friends, but I thought he made a good Maj. West.
This movie was my introduction to Lacey Chabert, and I like her even if some of the things she's in don't out so great due to other people's mistakes (*cough*Sonic'06*coughcough*)
Jack Johnson was a great Will, it's just a shame he fell off the face of the earth after this.

Regarding the Blackadder movie: If Brian Blessed isn't in it, it will fail.
Given how this version is pretty much an extended 90 minute version of BaF then it would be good to see Blessed reprise his role from the first series as it would be a true finale for the show seeing all the eras of Blackadder together.

Given how this version is pretty much an extended 90 minute version of BaF then it would be good to see Blessed reprise his role from the first series as it would be a true finale for the show seeing all the eras of Blackadder together.
Of course! The man killed thousands of Turks armed only with a fruit knife.

Don Bl has been trying to get a Dragon’s lair film made for years
New Line wanted to start a media franchise with the film. You could work your American Magic and have the film instead be a tv series with Jim Henson’s creature shop doing special effects and the plot of the later Netflix show(at least season one).

The Rugrats Movie (1998 Film)
2BCoakq0jRtRweXuUoqgcakVBWP.jpg

The Rugrats Movie
Released by Touchstone Pictures on December 4, 1998

Produced by
Klasky-Csupo
Nickelodeon Movies

Voice Talents
Same as OTL

Notes
- Just like OTL, this film introduces Tommy's new brother Dil Pickles.
- The Rugrats Movie became the first Non-Disney animated film to gross $100 million worldwide, thanks to the global appeal of the TV series.
- The Rugrats Movie began production a year after the show launched. Adaptations were also planned for Doug and Ren and Stimpy. However, production of the Rugrats movie was delayed when Doug was acquired by Turner Broadcasting in 1995. Production of the Rugrats series resumed the following year after a brief hiatus.
- Touchstone sent prints of The Rugrats Movie to theatres with theatre owners being asked to refrain from running a trailer for Doug's First Movie (United Artists/Ruby-Spears) before the start of this film.
- The long awaited Ren and Stimpy movie will reach theatres in 1999.

skypgqeac5zxvrpzup2t.jpg

Notes
- Just like OTL, this film introduces Tommy's new brother Dil Pickles.
- The Rugrats Movie became the first Non-Disney animated film to gross $100 million worldwide, thanks to the global appeal of the TV series.
- The Rugrats Movie began production a year after the show launched. Adaptations were also planned for Doug and Ren and Stimpy. However, production of the Rugrats movie was delayed when Doug was acquired by Turner Broadcasting in 1995. Production of the Rugrats series resumed the following year after a brief hiatus.
- Touchstone sent prints of The Rugrats Movie to theatres with theatre owners being asked to refrain from running a trailer for Doug's First Movie (United Artists/Ruby-Spears) before the start of this film.
- The long awaited Ren and Stimpy movie will reach theatres in 1999.​
On the good side, the mental image of sending Rugrats copies in exchange to not promote what came narrowly before it on Nick is pretty funny.
On the neutral side, the movie being the same as OTL is an okay thing to see happen.
On the bad side, Ren and Stimpy has something in prod--Oops! I forgot that R&S was made by Bob Camp ITTL. Bump that up to the neutral side until further notice.
prince-of-egypt-dreamworks.png

Prince of Egypt
Released by DreamWorks SKG on December 16, 1998

Produced by
DreamWorks Animation

Distributed by
Universal Pictures

Voice Talents
Same as OTL​
I haven't seen the movie, but knowing what I do about its legacy among DreamWorks Animation, I just have this to say...

SCORE!