As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Going forward, here's three choices for Fox's new home video logo:

Option A

Option B

Option C
1.- Option B, with option to use Option A for DVD releases.

2.- Who will have the Neon Genesis Evangelion distribution? I propose that it be Fox, as well as that they finish financing the production of the anime.

3.- What have Hyperion Pictures releases been so far?

4.- What is the state of Latin TV?

1.- Option B, with option to use Option A for DVD releases.

2.- Who will have the Neon Genesis Evangelion distribution? I propose that it be Fox, as well as that they finish financing the production of the anime.

3.- What have Hyperion Pictures releases been so far?

4.- What is the state of Latin TV?

If 20th Century-Fox does get Neon Genesis Evangelion, it'll likely go to HBO or Showtime to escape the 4Kids-style butchering. I'm not sure what audience Tenchi Muyo! was intended for IOTL, but that show will most likely be shown on FX or VH1 at night.

Latin TV is pretty much the same right now.

Notable Hyperion Pictures releases
1971: The Twelve Chairs
1973: American Graffiti
1978: Monty Python Presents Jabberwocky
1979: Monty Python's Life of Brian
1979: Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
1980: The Gods Must Be Crazy
1981: Time Bandits
1981: Quest for Fire
1982: Eating Raoul
1983: Reuben, Reuben
1983: Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
1985: Brazil
1988: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
1991: The Fisher King
1995: The Brothers McMullen
Coming in 1996: Trainspotting and She's the One
TBD: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

If 20th Century-Fox does get Neon Genesis Evangelion, it'll likely go to HBO or Showtime to escape the 4Kids-style butchering. I'm not sure what audience Tenchi Muyo! was intended for IOTL, but that show will most likely be shown on FX or VH1 at night.
I'd prefer a Showtime debut. They already got a HBO partnership with Urusei Yatsura, which was too good for both parties not to mess up on the second try.

As for Tenchi, it was proudly displayed as a Toonami staple during the Cartoon Network era, which means that it would be best suited for the late primetime business at 10:30 or later if less cuts were made.
Notable Hyperion Pictures releases
1971: The Twelve Chairs
1973: American Graffiti
1978: Monty Python Presents Jabberwocky
1979: Monty Python's Life of Brian
1979: Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
1980: The Gods Must Be Crazy
1981: Time Bandits
1981: Quest for Fire
1982: Eating Raoul
1983: Reuben, Reuben
1983: Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
1985: Brazil
1988: The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
1991: The Fisher King
1995: The Brothers McMullen
Coming in 1996: Trainspotting and She's the One
TBD: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
I'd release Parnassus in 1997 or 1998.

I'd prefer a Showtime debut. They already got a HBO partnership with Urusei Yatsura, which was too good for both parties not to mess up on the second try.

As for Tenchi, it was proudly displayed as a Toonami staple during the Cartoon Network era, which means that it would be best suited for the late primetime business at 10:30 or later if less cuts were made.

I'd release Parnassus in 1997 or 1998.

Encore is owned by TimeWarner ITTL.
Well, with that knowledge known, they could still reach out to the wildcards of dubbing at the time: ADV Films (who brought the Eva TV series over otl), Pioneer (who brought over Tenchi Muyo), and Manga Entertainment (who brought over every good version of Ghost in the Shell).

If the WB does want to bring out something on the seinen side, maybe they could bankroll a revival of either of these series.

Shezow (1995 TV Series)
Shezow
7b2d9e39-f651-48bd-bd6f-6e68bde1b9e5_rw_1200.jpg

Launched on September 12, 1995 on The Hub

Created by
Obie Scott Wade

Based on his comic book published by
Dark Horse Comics

Animation produced by
Murakami-Wolf-Swenson

Distributed by
Hollywood Pictures Television

Executive Producers
Obie Scott Wade
Mike Richardson

Theme song performed by
Green Jelly

Notable staff members
Larry Wachowski
Andy Wachowski
Lynne Naylor
Teale Wang
Chris Savino
Rob Renzetti

Voices
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Eli Hammond/Shezow
Grey DeLisle (debut) as Kelly Hammond
Bumper Robinson as Max Kepler
Maurice LaMarche as Baxter Hammond
Christine Ebersole as Trisha Hammond
Susanne Blakeslee as Tara
Rob Paulsen as ColdFinger
Jim Cummings as Tattoozala
Mike Judge as Major Attitude
Jennifer Hale as Null
Jess Harnell as Void

Notes
- The design of Shezow's costume is similar to what Kyla May designed for the OTL 2013 series. However, there are two differences; Pantyhose is used instead of the leopard print leggings. Also, the leopard print is absent from the sleeves in favor of a plain, lighter pink to contrast with the magenta skirt, body armor and cape.
- The writing has about 85% fewer puns than the OTL series.
- Eli's first name comes from the middle name of Guy Eli Hamdon, the main character of the OTL series.
- IOTL, Baxter Hammond's name was Boxter Hamdon.
- IOTL, Trisha Hammond's name was Droosha Hamdon.
- IOTL, Max Kepler's first name was Maz.
- Seth MacFarlane's script which called for Shezow to fight Timothy McKricfalusi (John K mixed with Timothy McVeigh) was rejected by The Hub for being in extremely poor taste.
- ColdFinger is a tad older than his OTL counterpart.
- ITTL, Null and Void are twin cyborgs.​

Notes
- The design of Shezow's costume is similar to what Kyla May designed for the OTL 2013 series. However, there are two differences; Pantyhose is used instead of the leopard print leggings. Also, the leopard print is absent from the sleeves in favor of a plain, lighter pink to contrast with the magenta skirt, body armor and cape.
- The writing has about 85% fewer puns than the OTL series.
- Eli's first name comes from the middle name of Guy Eli Hamdon, the main character of the OTL series.
- IOTL, Baxter Hammond's name was Boxter Hamdon.
- IOTL, Trisha Hammond's name was Droosha Hamdon.
- IOTL, Max Kepler's first name was Maz.
- Seth MacFarlane's script which called for Shezow to fight Timothy McKricfalusi (John K mixed with Timothy McVeigh) was rejected by The Hub for being in extremely poor taste.
- ColdFinger is a tad older than his OTL counterpart.
- ITTL, Null and Void are twin cyborgs.​
With all of these changes, you might have cooked up a legitimately good show from this premise. I'm purely shocked!

Yeah, I figured that since the puns were the biggest complaint people had about the OTL show, I thought I'd nip that in the bud by bringing in Savino and the Wachowskis.
It's not just that aspect that you improved upon. A particular mention has to be given to making Shezow's alter ego's name Eli instead of Guy.

I get it. The OTL show wanted to make it all wacky that a boy is turned into a female superhero. But after the first episode, it gets grating. Hence changing the name from "Guy" to "Eli" being a good idea in the long run.

Also, making Null and Void cyborgs instead of exchange students makes sense as well, given the technological aspect of when something is labelled as null and void in the current age of computers and iPhones.

Is The Hub ITTL the same channel that became Discovery Family IOTL but launched earlier?
ITTL, The Hub began as Sky Channel America. When Rupert Murdoch pulled out of the US, Sky America was sold to Bally who renamed it The Hub.

Discovery Communications plans to launch Discovery Kids and Animal Planet in October of next year.

ITTL, The Hub began as Sky Channel America. When Rupert Murdoch pulled out of the US, Sky America was sold to Bally who renamed it The Hub.

Discovery Communications plans to launch Discovery Kids and Animal Planet in October of next year.
Are we giving the Hub the Hasbro properties so we can get Transformers and My Little Pony as big franchises? Discovery Kids could get something like the Wild Thornberrys.