As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I like the idea of Disney distubitng Stargate. It would give them an SicFi Series series for fox other then Firefly. I feel that a disney verison of firefly won't be very good

I like the idea of Disney distubitng Stargate. It would give them an SicFi Series series for fox other then Firefly. I feel that a disney verison of firefly won't be very good
I was thinking of giving Stargate to someone else, but I wanna hear from everyone else.

I was thinking of giving Stargate to someone else, but I wanna hear from everyone else.
I must confess I more concerned with having firely not wind up in the hands of Disney. Disney coperate culture would be a terriable match for firefly. I still like idea disney doing a tv series set on a space ship or a space station. Beside having diseny do star gate they could pick up Andormoda , Farsapce , Babalayon Five, an earlier verison of the orvile, or a verison of voager without the conetions to star trek.

I wasn't sure which title to do next. Plus I didn't want it to be too soon after Totoro.
I would go with Kiki's Delivery Service or Castle in the Sky as an estimate of the next dub. They're both mainstream classics of the Ghibli lexicon, and a long enough barrier of time has passed since the release of either film.

Aw heck, why not go for a Double Feature of the two in July or August of 1994? Sure, that double feature would ironically not have Totoro in it, but it would potentially prove that Eisner wasn't a one-time wonder on Miyazaki's cultural impact.

Did you have anyone specific in mind?
Back in the early days of Lion King, Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson of Bottom and Young Ones fame in the UK were nearly brought in by Tim Rice's request to play Timon and Pumbaa respectively and he did have their characters in mind to play them as his first choice. This video has a little bit more info on the matter.
I guess there's more chance here given how British comics ITTL have managed to break into America from staring in Disney animated films which by now has become something of a tradition, it's kinda obvious it sets itself up for this to happen.

Entertainment News for Mid-May 1994
Entertainment News for Mid-May 1994

Hollywood Pictures chairman Alan Ladd, Jr. abruptly shifts gears on the studio's option for Shezow. Instead of a live action film, the Dark Horse Comics property will be adapted as an animated series with Film Roman or Murakami-Wolf-Swenson in the running to be associate producers. When asked about the sudden shift in strategy, Laddie said that the expense of a live action film would be "...hard to justify when we simply don't generate the same amount of revenue like Buena Vista or Warners do."
- The Hollywood Reporter

General Electric expects to purchase Metromedia's remaining stake in SBC by the end of 1995.
- TV Guide

Italian authorities issue a warrant for the extradition and arrest of Courtney Love. This comes two months after her husband, Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain was hospitalized in Rome for an overdose of alcohol and painkillers. Love is facing a charge of attempted murder.
- BBC News

Bulletin from the Ventura County Sheriffs Office: Mr. and Mrs. Kricfalusi failed to turn themselves in when asked to do so. They are now on the run as wanted fugitives.
- KTLA Local News

The Sports Page
Fox is auditioning announcers for its upcoming slate of Sunday night NFL games.
- The Los Angeles Times

Last night the Summit, Michael Jordan's knee injury left the Houston Rockets powerless when they needed him most. The taunts from the Houston crowd turned to tears as the Spurs overcame a 3-0 deficit and advance to the NBA Finals against the New York Knicks.
- The San Antonio Express-News

Last night the Summit, Michael Jordan's knee injury left the Houston Rockets powerless when they needed him most. The taunts from the Houston crowd turned to tears as the Spurs overcame a 3-0 deficit and advance to the NBA Finals against the New York Knicks.
- The San Antonio Express-News
I'm betting basketball is a popular sport in Texas, probably #2 behind football (because, in Texas, there's an old joke: There are two seasons--football and spring football.)...

Seriously, one town in Texas (Allen) spent $60 million on a state-of-the-art high school football stadium...

Hollywood Pictures chairman Alan Ladd, Jr. abruptly shifts gears on the studio's option for Shezow. Instead of a live action film, the Dark Horse Comics property will be adapted as an animated series with Film Roman or Murakami-Wolf-Swenson in the running to be associate producers. When asked about the sudden shift in strategy, Laddie said that the expense of a live action film would be "...hard to justify when we simply don't generate the same amount of revenue like Buena Vista or Warners do."
- The Hollywood Reporter

General Electric expects to purchase Metromedia's remaining stake in SBC by the end of 1995.
- TV Guide

Italian authorities issue a warrant for the extradition and arrest of Courtney Love. This comes two months after her husband, Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain was hospitalized in Rome for an overdose of alcohol and painkillers. Love is facing a charge of attempted murder.
- BBC News

Bulletin from the Ventura County Sheriffs Office: Mr. and Mrs. Kricfalusi failed to turn themselves in when asked to do so. They are now on the run as wanted fugitives.
- KTLA Local News
1: Sweet! As for who to animate it, I'd go with MWS on this. Without TMNT, they'd need another job and fast!
2: Okay.
3: Well, she did ask for it, albeit unintentionally.
4: Yikes! I hope they make it out scathed.

I'm betting basketball is a popular sport in Texas, probably #2 behind football (because, in Texas, there's an old joke: There are two seasons--football and spring football.)...

Seriously, one town in Texas (Allen) spent $60 million on a state-of-the-art high school football stadium...
To be fair, Jordan's time with the Rockets helped a ton to boost the sport's popularity in the Lone Star State.