As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I remember liking Woody Woodpecker at that age.
Needless to say, I think you'd have to look really hard in Universal's library to find anyone that fits the age range. Barring Woody, as you mentioned him already.

Then again, upon further inspection on what Procter and Gamble owns or used to own, I have discovered that they do more than just diapers, such as Crest Toothpaste, Bounty Paper Towels, and especially Mr. Clean. Plus, I think P&G still owns certain food brands that they haven't sold off yet, such as Jif, Folgers, and oddly enough, Orange Crush. Make of that what you will, @OldNavy1988.

With that in mind, how many kid-friendly properties do Universal, Paramount, and Turner own at this point ITTL?

@TheFaultsofAlts

Turner owns Tom and Jerry, Droopy, Barney Bear, George and Junior and Spike and Tyke, all of which they acquired when they purchased MGM.
So, if you take that into account, plus the success of The Wizard of Oz adding a few more additional characters to use in product promotion, I'd say that they just barely have enough to partner with P&G...

Honestly, I'd actually prefer Universal or Paramount getting the promotional deal with the company, because I don't think Turner Entertainment would suffice in the long run. I mean, if we were to take our timeline into account, who even remembers George and Junior except for What a Cartoon! fans? Or who remembers Barney Bear, period?

@TheFaultsofAlts

Paramount doesn't have much in the way of kids properties just yet.

Universal has the Walter Lantz and Terrytoons characters under the roof of Famous Studios.
In that case, I'd prefer a Mighty Mouse/Woody Woodpecker crossover over their parent company signing a promo deal with P&G.

Heck, I'd actually prefer if P&G were to wait until the 90's to sign a deal with any of those three companies, because it looks to me like the ruler of the IP ownership roost is Disney, decades before OTL's Disney became said ruler.

Well, with the rights to the Hanna-Barbera library shared between him and Eisner, I don't see why he can't make his own theme park if he were to live past 1990.
Do you think it would make sence to build it in Jim home town of Greenvile missipsi or atleast in the state of missipi

Does anybody like the idea of Jim Henson living past 1990 and going on to make his own themepark
Well, his death was already butterflied in the original American Magic thread, so it can be butteflied away again.

Speaking of Muppet performers, could we also butterfly away Richard Hunt's AIDS?

Anything else going on in the world of As Dreamers Do?
For starters, the Soviet Union is maybe a year or two away from Gorbachev becoming the country's leader.

With Carter term limited, George H. W. Bush and Jack Kemp are announcing their respective presidential campaigns.

Tokyo Disney World is on schedule for a 1983 opening.

Laura Branigan's song Gloria is pretty high on the charts right now, except it is a distant second behind Michael Jackson's Thriller.

During production of The Thief and the Cobbler, Olivia Abbott, mother of Daniel Abbott, went into full blown Karen mode when she breached security and trespassed onto the Paramount lot. Once inside, she scratched Richard Williams' face with her long nails because he refused to tell her of Daniel's whereabouts. And of course, Daniel, who doesn't talk to his mother at all these days, continues to have flashbacks of Olivia molesting him as a boy.

A guard at the Los Angeles county jail is being questioned by the feds for helping John K escape ahead of his trial which is set for March of '83.

During production of The Thief and the Cobbler, Olivia Abbott, mother of Daniel Abbott, went into full blown Karen mode when she breached security and trespassed onto the Paramount lot. Once inside, she scratched Richard Williams' face with her long nails because he refused to tell her of Daniel's whereabouts. And of course, Daniel, who doesn't talk to his mother at all these days, continues to have flashbacks of Olivia molesting him as a boy.

A guard at the Los Angeles county jail is being questioned by the feds for helping John K escape ahead of his trial which is set for March of '83.
And so the hunt begins...
di19rzwc3dn21.jpg

Are we going to have yet another John K saga? While I enjoyed the updates in the original timeline it dragged a bit too long. The last thread felt like it was a hair's breadth away from being "The Fall of John K Featuring Disney" at points. Just my two cents.