As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I am afaird that Toko disnyy world will cannibalize nara Disneyland. However I belive that nara disnyland could surrive if it was given a major makeover. One thing about otl tyoko d disnyland is that most of its attations are based on western cultural. Only meet the world and "The Eternal Sea", So i suggest that during the lare 80's or 90's nara disneyland is rethemed to jappnese hisory. Disney so team up with some anime and manga firms for the revamp. They should also team up with ninentdo
I am glad you like idea of the nara disneyland remvamp light star and honest abe. Do you have any attration ideas for the remvaped nara park. Also I feel that Nara Disneyland should get a new name but I can't think of one beside Disney japaness adventure. Got any better suggestions

The Last Unicorn (1983 Film)
The Last Unicorn
last-unicorn.jpg

Released on January 7, 1983

Production Companies
Rankin/Bass
Topcraft

Distributor
RKO Radio Pictures

Produced and directed by
Arthur Rankin, Jr.
Jules Bass

Screenplay by
Peter S. Beagle
Based on his book

VOICES
Mia Farrow as the Unicorn
William Shatner as Schmendrick
Rikki Fulton as Prince Lir
Tammy Grimes as Molly Grue
Robert Klein as the Butterfly
Angela Lansbury as Mommy Fortuna
Christopher Lee as King Haggard
Keenan Wynn as Captain Cully
Paul Frees as Marbuk
Rene Auberjonois as The Skull
Nellie Bellflower as The Tree
Brother Theodore as Ruhk​

kirbopher15

Kicked
The Last Unicorn
last-unicorn.jpg

Released on January 7, 1983

Production Companies
Rankin/Bass
Topcraft

Distributor
RKO Radio Pictures

Produced and directed by
Arthur Rankin, Jr.
Jules Bass

Screenplay by
Peter S. Beagle
Based on his book

VOICES
Mia Farrow as the Unicorn
William Shatner as Schmendrick
Rikki Fulton as Prince Lir
Tammy Grimes as Molly Grue
Robert Klein as the Butterfly
Angela Lansbury as Mommy Fortuna
Christopher Lee as King Haggard
Keenan Wynn as Captain Cully
Paul Frees as Marbuk
Rene Auberjonois as The Skull
Nellie Bellflower as The Tree
Brother Theodore as Ruhk​
How well did this do

Entertainment News for January 1983
The Los Angeles Raiders make mincemeat out of the Washington Heroes in Super Bowl VII.
- Sports Illustrated

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has created a new category; Best Animated Feature.
- Variety

Golden Globes: ET [Buena Vista] wins best Drama, Tootsie [Columbia] best Musical/Comedy.
- The New York Times

Best Animated Feature Nominees:
A Wrinkle in Time (Universal; Ralph Bakshi, Walter Lantz, Al Brodax, Alex Lovy)
The Last Unicorn (RKO; Arthur Rankin, Jules Bass)
The Secret of NIMH (Buena Vista; Don Bluth, Roy E. Disney, Whitey Larkin)
The Thief and the Cobbler (Paramount; Richard Williams, Imogene Sutton)
The Plague Dogs (Hemdale; Martin Rosen)

Golden Globes: ET [Buena Vista] wins best Drama, Tootsie [Columbia] best Musical/Comedy.
- The New York Times

Best Animated Feature Nominees:
A Wrinkle in Time (Universal; Ralph Bakshi, Walter Lantz, Al Brodax, Alex Lovy)
The Last Unicorn (RKO; Arthur Rankin, Jules Bass)
The Secret of NIMH (Buena Vista; Don Bluth, Roy E. Disney, Whitey Larkin)
The Thief and the Cobbler (Paramount; Richard Williams, Imogene Sutton)
The Plague Dogs (Hemdale; Martin Rosen)
I send my regards to the ET crew. I also send my regards to the Oscars for delivering the Best Animated Feature award earlier.

As for this year's nominees, my vote goes to NIMH, with Wrinkle and Thief being neck-and-neck for second place. Meanwhile, Unicorn feels like a dark horse bet, no pun intended, and it will take nothing short of a miracle to have Plague Dogs win this.

I send my regards to the ET crew. I also send my regards to the Oscars for delivering the Best Animated Feature award earlier.

As for this year's nominees, my vote goes to NIMH, with Wrinkle and Thief being neck-and-neck for second place. Meanwhile, Unicorn feels like a dark horse bet, no pun intended, and it will take nothing short of a miracle to have Plague Dogs win this.

You can vote at this link:
https://forms.gle/7WLH9qk1BnhEGTqd6

Take Him Away, Boys!
"The Monster [John K] stood accused of grooming or attempting to groom more than seven child actresses. The testimonies from all seven were undeniably disturbing. Yet I would cringe when the newsreaders had the nerve to ask how something like this could happen."

"I personally dealt with the bloody bastard like everyone else in cartoons at the time, but none of the major networks even bothered to ask me what it was like working with him. I wanted to tear him a new one, because I feared he'd be given a slap on the wrist."

"I was thankful that the trial was short and the Monster was found guilty on all counts. But I did not feel one once of catharsis seeing the troglodyte hauled off to prison. Instead, I felt a deep sense of existential dread because sooner or later, I would have to personally confront the next menace to the industry."

- Daniel Abbott; Excerpts from his autobiography

Last edited:
"The Monster [John K] stood accused of grooming or attempting to groom more than seven child actresses. The testimonies from all seven were undeniably disturbing. Yet I would cringe when the newsreaders had the nerve to ask how something like this could happen."

"I personally dealt with the bloody bastard like everyone else in cartoons at the time, but none of the major networks even bothered to ask me what it was like working with him. I wanted to tear him a new one, because I feared he'd be given a slap on the wrist."

"I was thankful that the trial was short and the Monster was found guilty on all counts. But I did not feel one once of catharsis seeing the troglodyte hauled off to prison. Instead, I felt a deep sense of existential dread because sooner or later, I would have to personally confront the next menace to the industry."

- Daniel Abbott; Excerpts from his autobiography
Oh, dear. Meet the new jerk, same as the old jerk, eh?

Duly noted and doubly voted!
Hooray! Now this timeline can get back to nor--

(sigh) I shouldn't have had Disney be the company to dub Urusei Yatsura while this freakshow was going on. I mean, who even knows how many perverts I may have indirectly created because of this?

What about the possible TriStar/Nelvana/Hasbro partnership I talked about earlier?
The GI Joe TV series should reach airwaves in September of 1983.

Oh, dear. Meet the new jerk, same as the old jerk, eh?
I'm afraid so.

Duly noted and doubly voted!

Hooray! Now this timeline can get back to nor--

(sigh) I shouldn't have had Disney be the company to dub Urusei Yatsura while this freakshow was going on. I mean, who even knows how many perverts I may have indirectly created because of this?
Let's not forget:
- Pantyshots in the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland and the Nancy Drew TV series.
- In Beauty and the Beast, Belle was drawn with a cup size meant to be similar that of Dolly Parton, who supplied the voice.
- Sody Pop, the ill-fated magical girl series that Filmation was supposed to make but didn't make it past storyboards.
- And the Home Economics episode of Eastland Girls will be talked about on AB/DL forums at the turn of the millennium.

I feel that warren buffet should etentually sell his orion pictures animation studio because he owns no live action firm.. Who do think it should be sold to. I'd say either grand diamnond rko,repulic tuner or parmaont

I feel that warren buffet should etentually sell his orion pictures animation studio because he owns no live action firm.. Who do think it should be sold to. I'd say either grand diamnond rko,repulic tuner or parmaont

To be fair, Orion already has a Live-Action unit ITTL, as this post indicates:
Orion Pictures (Berkshire-Hathaway's leveraged buyout of DePatie-Freleng and Filmation)
Live Action: Peter Guber, Jon Peters
Animation: Tom Griffin, Joe Bacal

Let's not forget:
- Pantyshots in the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland and the Nancy Drew TV series.
- In Beauty and the Beast, Belle was drawn with a cup size meant to be similar that of Dolly Parton, who supplied the voice.
- Sody Pop, the ill-fated magical girl series that Filmation was supposed to make but didn't make it past storyboards.
- And the Home Economics episode of Eastland Girls will be talked about on AB/DL forums at the turn of the millennium.
First off, I was wondering if the proposed magical girl parody from Filmation would have a name. Now that I know that it is, it sounds too cutesy for its genre.

Second off, I actually forgot about the sexual stuff in Disney's renditions of Alice in Wonderland and Beauty and the Beast. Now that I remember that they did exist, I actually have a newfound respect for the company execs for having Fox and Grantray tackle UY, considering that, at this point, casual viewers wouldn't make that much of a connection between those two companies and the House of Mouse.

Winnie the Pooh and a Day For Eeyore
Winnie the Pooh and a Day For Eeyore
MV5BMzU0NTg4YzAtZGIwYi00ODg5LThmODctNDA3ZmY2ZjE4YWM2L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxMjk0Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Released on March 11, 1983.

Production Companies
Walt Disney Pictures
Grantray-Lawrence

Distributor
Buena Vista Distribution

Directed by
Rick Reinert

Executive Producers
Lee Gunther
Rick Reinert

Winnie the Pooh and a Day For Eeyore was the last of the Pooh theatrical shorts. It was also the last appearance of Eeyore's original voice actor Ralph Wright, who passed away several months after the short was released. For its expansion to a wide release on March 23, Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore was placed on a double bill with a theatrical reissue of The Sword in the Stone. However, in Australia and New Zealand, the short instead accompanied a reissue of Rapunzel.

VOICES
Ralph Wright as Eeyore
Hal Smith as Winnie the Pooh and Owl
Laurie Main as the Narrator
Will Ryan as Rabbit
Dick Billingsley as Roo
John Fiedler as Piglet
Kim Christianson as Christopher Robin
Julie McWhirter Dees as Kanga
Paul Winchell as Tigger​

And the Oscar Goes To....
"I had to rent a tuxedo at the last minute because I was never fond of dressing up for occasional events. Hell, just wearing a bloody uniform to school was torture enough."

"Butterflies ran wild in my stomach all night long. There was no way I could relax on a night that seemed to drag on so slowly."

"Finally, the moment of truth. Kurt Russell and Karen Allen approached the podium to present the Oscar for Best Animated Feature."

"I thought for sure The Thief and the Cobbler would stand a chance. But when Kurt opened the envelope and Karen announced that the Oscar went to The Secret of NIMH, Richard [Williams] was stunned. A film that took eighteen years to make, his passion project, his magnum opus...somehow failed to impress the Academy."

"When I got home later that night, I drank heavily to take my mind off that snub. I felt so bad for Richard having left the auditorium empty handed after all those years of hard work. Though I was hung over the next morning, I still had to come back to my little office at Paramount, because our next assignment was a Christmas special called Ziggy's Gift."

- Daniel Abbott; Excerpts from his Autobiography

Listen, pal. After seeing the recent developments of John K., I couldn't be happier to see something wholesome for a change. Especially if old Pooh Bear is involved!

Aaaannd it's right back to the depressing stuff after seeing Richard Williams not get the award of his dreams for his passion project.

"I had to rent a tuxedo at the last minute because I was never fond of dressing up for occasional events. Hell, just wearing a bloody uniform to school was torture enough."

"Butterflies ran wild in my stomach all night long. There was no way I could relax on a night that seemed to drag on so slowly."

"Finally, the moment of truth. Kurt Russell and Karen Allen approached the podium to present the Oscar for Best Animated Feature."

"I thought for sure The Thief and the Cobbler would stand a chance. But when Kurt opened the envelope and Karen announced that the Oscar went to The Secret of NIMH, Richard [Williams] was stunned. A film that took eighteen years to make, his passion project, his magnum opus...somehow failed to impress the Academy."

"When I got home later that night, I drank heavily to take my mind off that snub. I felt so bad for Richard having left the auditorium empty handed after all those years of hard work. Though I was hung over the next morning, I still had to come back to my little office at Paramount, because our next assignment was a Christmas special called Ziggy's Gift."

- Daniel Abbott; Excerpts from his Autobiography
Well will the Theif and the cobbler take the top prize for best animaited fature ate the annecy international animation festival like it did otl