Arthur I, by the Grace of God

Also, so long as he minds his ps & qs, Henry, Duke of York is good, he's changed man (read: grown up) since his two years at sea.

January - March 1508 (yeah, I know, I haven’t been doing this, but now’s as good a time as any)

The queen went into confinement right after the Feast of the Epiphany, among her ladies was Viscountess Rochford, Elizabeth Boleyn, whose son with Prince Henry was being raise with her children at the Boleyn home. Elizabeth had apologized to the queen, but since her husband had been willing to give the boy his name, he had been made Viscount Rochford for his courtesy to the king. (Which is what King Arthur considered it.) On the first of February, Catalina gave birth to another daughter, Elizabeth, so named for the king’s beloved mother. The child was almost immediately called Bitsy, because she was so small and initially not expected to live long. But she survived, and the nickname stuck within the family.

The betrothal contract between Prince Henry, Duke of York and Eleanor of Austria, niece of Catalina by her sister Joanna, was formalized at the end of January. The pope had granted a dispensation for the marriage in England, but declined the same for her Uncle (Manuel I of Portugal), which gave England the edge it needed to make the union possible. Ferdinand, Catalina’s father, made her Duchess of Cadiz, with the revenues (along with a grant from him) and the title for her husband, as the dowry. Arthur, with Catalina’s urging, accepted the match after the properties for revenues were increased and the terms were settled: only the children of Eleanor would be eligible to inherit, but Henry could retain the title if she died and there were no children to assume the title. Henry, true to his word, proclaimed that the Pope could not have a match so pleasing to his person.

Eleanor would arrive with her ladies (Catalina had explained that the English household had no provision for a male household, unlike the Spanish) in the spring of 1508, giving her time to learn English and English ways before her marriage. The wedding was set for the Christmas of 1510, after the bride had reached her 12th birthday (November), giving both time to become acquainted.

He is now. She's the price of military support. It was a deal cut with Arthur and Ferdinand for support if and when Spain and France go to war. Arthur wanted a bride that would incite envy and she fits the bill. Hell, it beats her marrying her uncle (eewwwww factor there that I'm not going into). She didn't want to wed her uncle and when asked, stated a preference for damn near anyone else. That left Henry and her cousin....and her uncle wouldn't let her wed the cousin, so, Henry it is.

Hell, it beats her marrying her uncle

And therein lies a crucial consequence ITTL. As long as England doesn't go Protestant that's one additional kingdom for the Habsburgs to marry into, which means Carlos the Bewitched (and the ensuing Spanish Succession) is butterflied away.

Deleted member 92121

So getting closer to the Hapsburgs. The more conventional thing to do, piss of the french by any means necessary. How many children does Arthur have? I counted young Arthur and Elizabeth

Deleted member 92121

Is England gonna ally with Poland and the Jagellions at some point?
Depends on how the Hapsburgs would take that, i wager. A marriage of the duke of york with a austrian princess is no small act, you can't just jeoperdize that alliance right after. The hpsburgs would define much of english european policy for a while to a considerable extent.

Are we gonna see more english colonial endeavours? Arthur is so gonna name the New Foundland islands "Queen Catherine's islands" calling it now.

Depends on how the Hapsburgs would take that, i wager. A marriage of the duke of york with a austrian princess is no small act, you can't just jeoperdize that alliance right after. The hpsburgs would define much of english european policy for a while to a considerable extent.
The Hapsburgs married into both so I don't think they'll care too much.

If its 1508 now then little Arthur is of ripe age to be bethrothed. Choices, choices, choices

Isabella of Austria born 1501
+Imperial family, good bloodline,
-Her older sister is already wed to Henry, no need to put more eggs in that basket

Isabella of Portugal, born 1503
+Father is the wealthiest king in Europe, large dowry, the Treaty of Windsor renewed, greatest marital price in Europe
-?????

Claude of France, born 1499
+Oldest daughter of Louis XII, peace with France, possibility of claiming Brittany
-Breaks the arrangement with Hapsburgs, Louis isnt likely to let his oldest daughter marry the enemy

Susanna of Bavaria, born 1502
+Genetic relief
-Not much else

Anne of Bohemia and Hungary, born 1503
+Genetic relief, jagellion family, a new alliance
-Maybe a english alliance arent beneficial for Hungary?

Dorothea of Denmark, born 1504
+Genetic relief, a new interesting alliance, resonable dowry
-Perhaps not interesting enough for the Tudors?

Deleted member 92121

I think Isabella Avis of Portugal is the better option. Claude would be fun but theres no chance. Dorothea is a option but doesn't come with the financial and naval perks of Isabella. Also, Isabella married Charles V in our timeline, so this would be a fun change.