Arthur I, by the Grace of God

As the eldest son of King Henry VII, Prince Arthur, Prince of Wales, was well-trained in the art of ruling. His father had kept him near at hand and shown him what was necessary to rule. He learned that frugality was a necessity to keep a full treasury, to know who your enemies are and keep a close eye upon them, reward those who support you, use land and titles to encourage those who are indifferent or wavering to come to your side. He learned to ride, to fight, to pray and to be seen doing all. England and Wales were surrounded by enemies and if Arthur could not hold his throne, he would end up like his father’s predecessor Richard III – dead with an enemy on the throne.

Other lessons he learned from his father were not ones Henry VII intended to teach. Henry VII had, at his mother’s urging, wed Elizabeth of York to unite the factions fighting for the throne. He repealed Titulus Regulus, which justified Richard’s kingship – but only after making sure none of Elizabeth’s brother were alive to provide a rallying cry against Henry’s reign. Henry was polite enough to his wife, but saw her only during court functions or when visiting her chambers when she was not pregnant – and seemed to find that duty less enticing than other men. What interested Henry VII was power and control. What interested Arthur was his own belief that a king should be more interested in the welfare of his people than being a cheap, bitter man who believed everyone was after his crown. But then, Arthur didn’t have to fight for one.

This is Arthur's viewpoint. Children's viewpoints aren't always correct. And children read more into what to adults are petty arguments or disagreements.

Very nice start! I've always wanted to see a timeline on this. Please be sure to include what H8 gets up to. He might end up a very different man without the pressures of being king and providing heirs.

I understand that, but this close to the conquest had the spread to Europe yet. I can however see that if Henry were pope he might have more access to exotic foods.

I meant when he's the pope. Also exotic food spread rather fast I think, specially in the most holy gluttony place in christendom

Either Henry is gonna spearhead the counterreformation or he's gonna make Alexander Borgia look like a novice. I can't decide wich alternative is more amusing.

The first turkeys in Europe were brought back to Spain in the 1520s after the defeat of the Aztecs. So, H8 could choke on a turkey leg in his lifetime. It would be an obvious Spanish plot to get a new Pope on the thrown.