Anyone read the Red Gambit series?

I just got my copy of the first book in the Red Gambit series and was wondering if anyone had read it yet? If so, what were your thoughts on it? Is it better than Turtledove's latest?

I like what I've read so far, seems to go a bit too heavy into the Germans being hyper competent and only a handful of soldiers being involved in war crimes.

Definitely better than most of Turtledoves stuff.

i am readind the books and a i am enjoying imensly,but it is bicimimnc harda for the alies to finaly turn the tables against the sivieyts, still believi tey will do,and a im also thriled that the bazilan arir foirce is figting siby side with the western alies.

Reminds me of Red Storm Rising, which has always been one of my favorite alt-history books. It reads very similar with multiple viewpoints but I also like how it diagnoses specific combat actions with maps and counters so you can follow as the battle as you read.

Thank you for your positive views. I'm new to the world of writing so good feedback is encouraging. Book four is out soon and I hope it measures up. I'm on facebook in the 'red gambit' group most days, failing that, if you want to ask anything of me, fire away. Regards.

I just got my copy of the first book in the Red Gambit series and was wondering if anyone had read it yet? If so, what were your thoughts on it? Is it better than Turtledove's latest?

I liked it. It is not at the same professionally polished level as Turtledove's work, but its an enjoyable read.

Book four is in the editing stage. The point on editing is reasonable, although it is getting better. If I had a publisher it wouldn't be an issue of course .

Book four is in the editing stage. The point on editing is reasonable, although it is getting better. If I had a publisher it wouldn't be an issue of course .

I just binge read all of the first three books, really enjoying them. Keep it up!